Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Glogo starter axel stuck

Posted by Sami.L 
Glogo starter axel stuck
March 17, 2019 03:11PM
Hi all.

Today I finally maidened my glogo. Need some tuning, but everything looking promising.

One problem i find my glogo. My starter saft keeps spinning after I fire up motor. Feeling that starter oneway bearing it's not totally stuck but enought that axel keeps spinning and it's terible to start the engine becouse motor start rotate starter too. Anybody have idea what causes this. Thanks!
Re: Glogo starter axel stuck
March 18, 2019 08:36PM
Hi Sami,

We noted that on some of the production kits the diameter of the start shaft and couplers is a bit tight. This makes the diameter of the start shaft slightly big which makes it a bit tight in the clutch one way bearing. I had one customer like this who said that he took some fine sand paper and sanded down the start shaft diameter till it was a little smoother.

At the moment we are working towards finding a absolute solution, hopefully we hear back from our machinist soon.

Kyle
March 22, 2019 06:23AM
Hi Kyle,

Thanks for reply. Yeah I sanded it and that did the trick. Its better now.

-Sami
July 01, 2019 11:24PM
I definitely have the same problem. I spent a lot of time with alignment and polishing the starter shaft bearing race in an attempt to free up it up from the one way clutch bearing without success.

The diameter of the starter shaft race is 9.95mm. Have you come up with any soiution/smaller diameter to free up the start shaft from the clutch?

The start shaft can be turned independently of the clutch but it is very tight and will undoubtedly spin while the engine is running.

Thank you,
Bob
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login