Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Welcome to Glogo 690 Forum!!

Posted by dahlkyle 
Welcome to Glogo 690 Forum!!
December 03, 2018 07:39PM
Hello all and Welcome to the Mikado Glogo 690 Forum!

At first I would like to give just a brief history of the model and how it came to be a official Mikado product.

I actually had the idea for a Nitro 690 Heli, and started the design of the project in the end of 2015. However I didn’t continue with the project at that time. I revisited the idea of the project again seriously in the beginning of 2017. With the resurgence of popularity in Nitro models, I had the idea to, on my own, create a conversion kit for the existing Mikado Logo 690SX Heli. I had the original prototypes cut and did the first maiden of the model in late 2017.

At that point I took the first prototype to Germany to ask Ralf, the owner of Mikado, what he thought about the idea of me selling conversion kits for his Logo 690. However when Ralf saw the design he liked the looks, performance, and idea behind the Heli, and decided that he wanted it to be a official Mikado Helicopter. So at that point we started working towards this goal.

A little later on I decided that I wanted to use my model that I had designed to actually compete at Global 3D. I felt this would be a great way to release the product to the public and a great challenge for myself. We had some more prototypes cut to continue testing, and we designed a new canopy for the model. After a few prototype revisions and a few hundred test flights, we then released info about the model to the public, and then I took the model to Global 3D and competed in the Masters Class with the first nitro in nearly 10 years! The event was a HUGE success! I managed to win one of the freestyle round in the contest and placed 5th overall. We also had huge support and interest from Mikado fans around the world.

Since then it has been all about getting the production started, making instruction manuals, box design etc. All of which is no easy task! But it has been a great challenge and experience for me to be a part of! I am very excited that the project is now available for preorder, and is getting so close to release now!

Now, we created this forum section specifically for all things related to the Glogo 690. So if you have any questions about the model/ set up/ recommended equipment, etc, then please don't hesitate to ask! We will do our best to respond as soon as possible!

Thank you all for your interest in this model! I can’t wait for you all to receive them!

Kyle Dahl

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2018 03:50AM by dahlkyle.
Re: Welcome to Glogo 690 Forum!!
December 13, 2018 12:31AM
Thanks dude, can’t wait to get mine!
Re: Welcome to Glogo 690 Forum!!
April 20, 2019 08:39PM
Hi Kyle,

Thanks for having the foresight and vision to pull this all together and congrats for getting it into production. I hope it becomes a HUGE success for you and Mikado.

I've heard it both ways, and wanted to ask The Man: Is it "Gee-Logo" or "Glow-Go"?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login