Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

EVO Swash servo CPW

Posted by David Heath 
EVO Swash servo CPW
March 21, 2024 12:46AM
Hi,

Can I have some advice please regarding setting the Swash Servo CPW. Having bought some Futaba HC-701 servos I want to use with my EVO I found these servos come with a CPW of 760 set. You can change it with a program box to 1520 but I. don't have this.

Am I right in thinking the option to set CPW on the swash servos was in the EVO pro software? Where has it gone and if its been removed can it be put back? These Futaba servos are now starting to come on to market and I would imagine people will want to start using them?

Regards,

Dave
RV
Re: EVO Swash servo CPW
March 21, 2024 09:25AM
Having a VBar Control classic, touch or EVO ... load the EVO App for the Add-ons and install Pro or Recue on the VBar EVO ... then ... have a look ;-)

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2024 09:25AM by RV.

March 21, 2024 09:34AM
Hi Dave,

you can select between the different center pulses and respective refresh rates for the swash plate, in Setup.
Similar to selecting different combinations, for tail servos.
Afaik Pro on the respective VBar EVO flybarless is required, yes.
In case your transmitter was not updated for more than a year now (unthinkable!! grinning smiley), you'd need to update so you have the EVO parameters at hand.
On VBar Control Classic, these settings hide in a separate App/menu entry, because of it's different programming.

Please also see here, since upping particularly the refresh rates must be considered like upping the overall gain, different models are different, so you need to find out the best setting for your particular setup.
For instance, in the German ROTOR magazine, there was a comparison between pilots, their models, and their settings, and it had everything in it, from 'maxed it out first day and happy ever since' to 'dialed up incrementally, found that at 250 Hz the model was starting to feel sluggish again, backed off to 200 Hz again, and happy ever since'.

750/760 Hz swash plate servos have been out for quite some time actually, but (see link above) it's not about the sheer numbers, it's about the overall equation. Unfortunately, that's something no servo manufacturer tells you winking smiley for them, it seems more like those family card games where the higher value always wins ...
And then, no servo's internal control loop is like the other, some do it better, some not so much. Futaba has a reputation for the better, though.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
March 21, 2024 01:53PM
Hi,

Will take another look when I get home, It’s an Evo Vcontrol and an Evo Vlink. I added Pro rescue to it last night thinking that would be the answer and once updated it wasn’t there.

I must be missing what ever add on is needed as the Vcontrol is fully updated.

Dave

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/21/2024 01:58PM by David Heath.
March 21, 2024 02:17PM
Hi,

in Transmitter Settings/Shop/Basic, there is VBar EVO Pro ...
Prerequisite: your transmitter needs to be updated, else the Shop App would be outdated, and would not show the new stuff.

—Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
March 21, 2024 11:53PM
Yes,

Have found it now, and the pro app was not selected! What threw me was this is a new end of last year EVO replacing one that had the Pro app on it and its only with these new Futaba servos that I actually noticed it was different!

A lack of understanding issue for me again!!

Dave
March 22, 2024 08:58AM
Hi Dave,

no worries, that's what we're here for smiling smiley

Since EVO's been around for over a year now, we hardly think about it any more ... it's already part of the scenery grinning smiley

—Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login