Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

RadioMaster AG01-V CNC Metal Gimbal Set

Posted by Razmo 
RadioMaster AG01-V CNC Metal Gimbal Set
February 09, 2024 10:44PM
Hi Guys,

I picked up a set of the AG01-V Gimbals. I've heard some users having already installed and using the gimbals without error have now experienced a system lock (unable to use their VControl) after the latest software update. What's strange to me, it doesn't seem to be affecting every user. Is this correct? Curious what your thoughts are here. I was looking forward to installing them.

Thanks,
Nick
Re: RadioMaster AG01-V CNC Metal Gimbal Set
February 12, 2024 09:46AM
Hi Nick,

what's happening here is, VBar Control (as well as VBar (legacy/NEO/EVO) are performing power-on-self-tests as well as ongoing self-tests.
If something unambiguous triggers a warning, it's displayed instantly.
For some of the things we monitor, there's also an ongoing evaluation: minor deviations may occur all the time, and they may kind of level out (raise no warning). But if deviations/ambiguities/aberrations add up, at some point, the error message is raised.
And for safety reasons, in some cases, you can not fly a model until the cause of the issue has been looked into. If you learn from a potentially dangerous situation, you have to take action, and decisively so. Wouldn't help if you knew but if you let it slip anyway, and if, as a result, physical or personal damage would occur.

Please note: Mikado as the manufacturer can not approve of any modification beyond what's explained in the manual (change stick mode, adjust spring tension, replace a battery, replace a broken switch). Any interference must not necessarily, but can, cause unwanted results, or damage, and if during the modification proper. Warranty and product liability are void, then, too, because it's no longer a Mikado product, but a hybrid.
Also, as per regulations, CE and particularly FCC do not allow modifications without re-submitting the modified unit to testing and (FCC) approval again.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Re: RadioMaster AG01-V CNC Metal Gimbal Set
February 12, 2024 02:57PM
Hi Eddi,

Thank you for the explanation. Very helpful.

Raz
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login