Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Touch Controller making sounds

Posted by Caller 
Touch Controller making sounds
December 11, 2023 01:24PM
Hello, suddenly my VBcT is making sounds and vibrating as if ir is writing to a festplatte. I cannot figure out why or where this sound is coming from. I have tried to add a video so you can see and hear what is happening but because of the size it will not attach. I can send it direct via messenger or email if desired.. Apparently it does not affect the flight controls of the heli. This is only with this one controller and it makes no difference which heli it is bound with or even if it is only just turned on and not bound this happens. Total mystery.thanks for any info.
RV
Re: Touch Controller making sounds
December 11, 2023 02:03PM
Hello Dennis,

please send me the video to one of my known email adrersses ;-)

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
December 11, 2023 03:45PM
Hi,

a random shot: calibrate your rotary inputs again, and when you're at it check that the values are stable when the inputs are left alone, then, not changing on their own.

Did you make any changes to the radio, recently?

Cheers

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
RV
December 11, 2023 06:16PM
Hello Dennis,

as there are 2 VBCt registered under your account - please tell me which one it is (Serial number) and also which Version is displayed (turn it on w/o a model).

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
December 11, 2023 07:17PM
Rainer this is the one with the problem. I did as Eddi suggested and went to stick calibration. It went wild when I tried to calibrate the top right and bottom center right poti. If these are installed with a plug cable I will simply detach them from the board. Since I never use these rotary trim tabs it will make no difference to me as long as I can stop the noise. Nothing was changed or modified as it has simply been unused since summer flying. Just took it out to charge the battery.
Attached image shows serial number.
RV
December 11, 2023 08:53PM
Hello Dennis,

please do NOT unplug something inside. A open input socket pin may result in random issues.

I have disabled a few apps which could be a reason - an will be unneeded. One is the stickmode switcher app (please check for right stickmode afterwards), the parameter modify app, the temperature switch and the pitch stick click app.

Please do a online update on this radio and see.

Quote:
It went wild when I tried to calibrate the top right and bottom center right poti.

The question then is - could they have all been calibrated and showing useful results?

Rainer Vetter

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2023 08:54PM by RV.
December 11, 2023 09:54PM
Rainer, have installed the updates that you made and no difference noticed.
Also the graph in Calibration shows no movement on #2 center right and jumps continually from left to right. Status is as follows after the reboot,
All thru poti 2 are steady and hold their values
Trimmer 1 is now slighty nervous
Trimmer 2 does nothing
Trimmer 3 is ok
Trimmer 4 jumps all over from left to right
Is there a main board section that controls the trimmers?
I have the distinct impression this tx must be serviced.
RV
December 11, 2023 10:54PM
Hello Dennis,

this sounds strange because you told us the TX was running ok some time ago.

Anyway - if there was no hardware change (Was the TX opened? Probably a unplugged cable? - be very careful when checking this!) - i think it is time for Eddi.

Please wait if Eddi still has an idea, probably check the cables (but be very careful with the plugs and sockets) of the potis.

Rainer Vetter

December 12, 2023 09:03AM
Hi Dennis,

if in doubt, please open a service ticket at vstabi.info/devices (My Devices, the corresponding serial no.), and we take it from there.
Wouldn't help if more damage was caused, with repair attempts.
Even unplugging could cause damage if you accidentally leveraged off a socket, for example.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
December 12, 2023 09:53AM
Ok thanks, will take another look at it today and then make a service request.
December 12, 2023 11:14AM
Stopped the annoying sound by resetting the trimmer plugs. They did not appear to be loose but after the plug out, plug in -silence

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/12/2023 11:15AM by Caller.
December 12, 2023 01:05PM
Hi again,

well, OK ... and if they are reacting normally now throughout their range, not jittery, all should be well again.

—Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login