Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Upgrade to VCt bind and fly

Posted by beans07 
Upgrade to VCt bind and fly
October 03, 2023 11:07AM
Hello, coming back into the hobby again after being out for a number of years. Last time I flew was before NEO and VCt were around.

I have an original VC that the battery appears to be going bad. The battery fully charged is 87% and starts dropping pretty quickly.

I am finding it impossible to get one in Australia (no stock for months and months) and overseas countries aren't being friendly in sending me one with regulations these days.

So I am most likely going to have to buy a new radio be be able to fly again.

My vbars are silver line, blue full size and blue mini all on V6.xx that all previously were set up on VC (I don't own any neos yet)

If I have to buy a new radio.. in my case a V Control Evo can I just bind and fly with my models that are installed on my helis?

Thank you
RV
Re: Upgrade to VCt bind and fly
October 03, 2023 06:25PM
For the batteries - there are new ones (other cell type) in the Mikado shop which will fit into the VBC Classic too since a few days ;-)

For the models - yes - you can. Just laod the apps for the old devices on the VBCt and others needed (same as for classic bot now through WIFi) - assign your switches, mode etc. and you are goood to go.

All model specific data is stored in the VBar inside the model - so this won't be lost.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
Re: Upgrade to VCt bind and fly
October 03, 2023 10:34PM
Thanks Rainer, unfortunately for me postage from Europe is over $100 Euro's for just the battery, the US wont ship to me in all the online stores I have been on and there's none in stock in Australia and no ETA.

So a new radio is really the only option to me at this point.

Thanks for the information it will all work nicely, I guess it's a good time for an upgrade :-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login