Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Logo 800 (700) blade grip spacers

Posted by scorlett 
Logo 800 (700) blade grip spacers
January 11, 2021 10:58PM
Just built my first Logo 800 and was puzzled to see that I didn't have blade grip shims the right size to fit the RT 810 blades. I had 2mm and 1mm but needed 1.5mm. I pulled some from one of my old Rave machines and they fit perfectly. Then I looked again at the manual and it suggested using different size shims on the bottom vs the top. I assume that I would never notice the difference of the blade changing pitch rotating along an axis that is 0.5mm above the blades longitudinal axis, but it bothers me to spend so much money on mechanics and electronics and then skimp on something so simple as this. Why not make it "right"?

I can't seem to find any 5x25x1.5 blade shims anywhere any more, so I'm 3D printing some ABS ones.

Opinions? (BTW, the 800 flew super on the 3 flights I got in Saturday before our Sunday snow here in Texas!)

Sam
Re: Logo 800 (700) blade grip spacers
January 12, 2021 09:24AM
Good morning Sam,

my opinion is, it's good the way it is smiling smiley and you wouldn't have noticed.

I can only guess, but probably the ones in the kit now were on hand in large numbers, while the size in between would have had to be manufactured, and in considerably small numbers, so it was tested if there was a difference, and the result was, you wouldn't notice anyway.
Sometimes—if not most of the time—decisions have very simple and practical reasons.

I hope that doesn't mar the fun you have with the 800 too much smiling smiley

Greetings to snowy Texas!

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
January 12, 2021 03:56PM
Thanks for taking the time to reply! Yes, it was probably more of an intellectual/emotional concern. I also added 1x3x5mm spacers between the swash followers and the mast to get exact phasing. Again something I probably wouldn't have noticed. It does seem to flip and roll axially, maybe it would have otherwise, but this seems the more accurate setup.

As far as the blade shims, I've 3d printed my own to fit, which seems more logical than missing the mark, even if it isn't noticeable. I'm getting pretty old and I need all the help I can get to fly accurately! And it's fun to do things well.

Sam

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2021 06:42PM by scorlett.

January 12, 2021 04:21PM
Hello Sam,

great design, helps with aligning it, too smiling smiley

Cheers

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
January 12, 2021 06:49PM
I have the new yellow and orange canopy, so made these to coordinate.

Sam

January 13, 2021 08:45AM
Fancy! thumbs up spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

—Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login