Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

High Voltage Servos- how many volts from BEC?

Posted by Radek 
High Voltage Servos- how many volts from BEC?
October 16, 2019 12:49AM
Hi guys
Bit embarrassing question as i’ve been in this hobby for long time but first time in HV servo setting. I have these new Futaba HPS HC 700 cyclic servos and BLS 276 tail servo. Will be feeding them from kosmik 200 BEC . Shall i stick with 7.4v as it’s rated value (6-7.4v) or without risk of burning them go to 8.4v as operational voltage. On 276 is no mentioning of operational voltage. Thank you for your help. smiling smiley

Re: High Voltage Servos- how many volts from BEC?
October 16, 2019 09:06AM
Hi,

lmgify grinning smiley

From experience, I'd probably go for 7.4 V so the BEC has more headroom, in the equation of P=U*I.

Although the Kosmik 200's BEC is rated 10/30 A, I would use a buffer battery (2s LiPo) or a suitable backup guard or capacitor item to go with it, to support the BEC and have redundancy in case the electronics fail.

Plus, you can set up your heli without having to connect the main battery.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
October 16, 2019 02:47PM
Hmm. Was hoping for answer like. Kosmik will handle it or something:-) On my 600 heli run only jive without buffer and never ever had any issue. But it makes perfect sense high voltage. So i still plug master and slave right? Where do i plug the backup guard?
Thank you Eddi :-)
October 16, 2019 03:29PM
Hi,

any free port on the servo side will do, or a y harness if you ran out of ports.

I also like running on single pack (and do it if possible), but I've heard and seen so much in the meantime so professionally, I recommend using a buffer or backup of sorts.

Best,

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
October 16, 2019 04:33PM
Eddi thank you so much for your advice. I’m now only last guy flying heli at our field so have now one to share experience or get some info.
I really appreciate that you take time and reply.
Now i know what i’m doing winking smiley
Thank you again Radek
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login