Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Servos for mikado logo 700 ?

Posted by Radek 
Servos for mikado logo 700 ?
September 16, 2019 01:19AM
Hi guys
Preparing a shopping list to build new 700. I would like to use new futaba HPS 700 hc does anyone have experience with these new ones. I’ve never had a problem with futaba servos on my 600 sx. Also can anyone compare them to Savox 2292? Is there any point having more than 20kg strength on cyclic at all?
Thank you for any answer. R
Re: Servos for mikado logo 700 ?
September 16, 2019 09:05AM
Hi Radek,

honestly, can't tell. From the specs, I think they should be good. No personal experience, though.

Although they are labeled the BEC version, I'd do the pitch pump test (ramp up pitch pump to max, do a couple of quick collective pitch strokes, watch for resets or log file entries), to make sure the power supply is up to the task. I'd do that with any yet unknown new high power servo.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
September 17, 2019 10:16PM
Hi Eddi
Thank you very much for your answer and input. My only the reservation against Savox is that i hurt they bit power hungry not technical issues. So maybe i’m just overthinking it smiling smiley
Thank you again Radek
September 19, 2019 08:52AM
Hi Radek,

I guess all current servos with similar specs are power hungry ... the power must come from somewhere, after all.

Currents you can manage, a good BEC and a buffer battery or other buffer solution.

Savox are 'known enemies' and they work very well. With yet unknown servos or servos where not that much experience exists, you're exploring new terrain.

I can't take the decision away from you winking smiley

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
September 29, 2019 11:15PM
Hi Eddi
Makes perfect sense smiling smiley
Since i'm futaba guy i'm going ahead with HPS HC700 will let you know my experience. winking smiley
Many thanks Radek
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login