Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

Gyros (all axes) do not work properly

geschrieben von rotor66 
Gyros (all axes) do not work properly
03.11.2022 09:58:06
Hi,
I have a very strange behaviour with my TDR II (Jeti + NEO) which led to a on-ground crash of the heli :

The problem is : after initialization, the orders go thru alright ( pitch, tail rotor, cyclic...etc) but the gyro stabilization (all three axis) is inoperative ! that means, when I grab the heli and move it in all directions, the swash plate as well as the tail rotor pitch do not move at all ! that's the reason why when I tried to hover the heli, it started to spin brutally into a fatal crash.
The heli has been flown many times since 2016 with no crash and since the last fly in summer, I didn't change anything on the heli... just stored on the shelf.
Thank you for your help if any clue on that issue.
Alain
Re: Gyros (all axes) do not work properly
03.11.2022 12:13:14
Hello Alain,

I am sorry to hear.

Is it just the NEO with internal gyros, or are you using the optional external gyro?
If external, does it maybe work with the internal gyros of the NEO only?

Are there any tell-tale log-file-entries?
Did or does the NEO flash a different color than blue (during initialization) and green (after initialization)?
Did you notice a multiple collective pitch-twitch, after initialization, at the time it happened?

Please also check your settings, just to rule them out, and in all banks. If there was – for whatever reason – no gain set, there would be no stabilization.
But it's more or less impossible that the NEO changes parameters on it's own, and apart from tail gain (if set), you also can not zero gains out, from your radio. Strange.

If in doubt, please create a service ticket at www.vstabi.info/devices (My Devices), and we will take it form there, check your VBar NEO.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
03.11.2022 16:23:18
Eddi,
Thank you so much for your prompt answer, as I'm really desperate in getting my NEO fixed back. For info, I'm using the same device on my TDR first generation and it works well (in replacement of Vstabi blue mini, which revealed off-set problem when changing bank, but this is another story, I will address this issue later on...)
Back to the NEO on TDR 2 : No external gyro, only internal.
Tell-tale long-file-entries : don't know how to catch these.
Flashing sequence: correct : flashing blue during init, then full green.
Only one collective pitch-twitch.
Now, for all settings checking, I'm facing another problem : when USB connected to my PC, it indicates "Vbar firmware not supported with this version" and I have no access to any update (?) .. When pressing "file" at the upper left, I expected to see "on-line download", but I only see "exit" as the unique choice (?) (and it is the same when I connect the other NEO / TDR1, except that I can see the nominal screen with all the settings)...
Sorry to bother, but I'll be happy for any help to get this fixed smiling smiley
Thx, Alain

RV
03.11.2022 16:48:06
For Update on a NEO use the VBC Manager and Boot Plug procedure. Or a VBC-t ...

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
03.11.2022 17:59:22
Hi Rainer,
Thank you, I did some progress and yes I used the Vbar control manager and succeeded to upgrade the Vbar (at last).
Now I can see the screen with all the settings... But I got now a new issue : the system does not want to initialize correctly anymore : the swash-plate is contunuously twiching up and down and the Vbar is blinking red. After a while the screen displays in red a big "Initialization error" (?)... don't know what to do now eye rolling smiley,
Alain
04.11.2022 08:41:30
Hello Alain,

in your setup software, there's a menu item Info/Event Log. Go there, click 'get all entries', have a look, but also save it (it will be a simple text file, which can later be reviewed in any text editor), and attach the file there.

The NEO seems to have some problem, and the reason can be read in the log file.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
04.11.2022 09:38:18
Hello Eddi ,
Yes I went to the event log... all lines marked with a "red cross", alternating error codes 85 and 86 saying "no answer from IMU" or "zero output from IMU"..
I will try to attach the file as soon as I get familiar with data transfer on our forum ! winking smiley
Vielen dank fur die hilfe (' trying to remember my "deutsch" smiling smiley)
Best Regards / Grüsse,
Alain
04.11.2022 09:55:48
Bonjour Alain,

bien ... ou pas. Cela indique un problème avec le capteur IMU, qui contient également les capteurs gyroscopiques.

S'il ne s'agit pas seulement d'un problème avec l'alimentation électrique (veuillez essayer une batterie de récepteur appropriée et chargée, si possible), et si elle ne disparaît pas lorsque vous désactivez Lightness dans toutes les banques (Main Rotor Expert, nécessite Pro), ou passer de l'initialisation de Rescue de Precision à Standard (Décochez ( ) Precision dans Setup/Swash Plate/Expert /Rescue), je crains que nous ne vérifiions cette unité dans notre atelier de service.

Cordialement

Eddi

Gern geschehen smiling smiley trying to remember my French ^^

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
04.11.2022 21:21:08
Bonsoir Eddi !
Eh bien, continuons en français… Oui, j’ai bien pensé à essayer à nouveau avec les accus chargés à fond. Même problème. J’avoue que je serai plus rassuré si le NEO était révisé dans vos ateliers. Je crois qu’il y a une procédure spéciale pour renvoyer le module chez Mikado. Que dois-je faire ?
Merci,
Cordialement,
Alain.
06.11.2022 10:26:07
Bonjour Eddi,
J’ai trouvé le lien pour ouvrir le dossier de renvoi de mon Vbar Neo… ( tab « service »). smiling smiley
Merci,
Alain
14.11.2022 09:43:48
Bonjour Alain,

Veuillez excuser le retard, j'étais absent du bureau la semaine dernière.

Je viens de voir votre ticket de service et j'ai envoyé les informations d'expédition. Laissez-nous vérifier le VBar ici dans notre atelier de service.

Cordialement

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
08.12.2022 18:28:59
Bonsoir Eddi,
Merci. J’ai bien passé la commande pour un nouveau Vbar en échange standard pour celui que j’ai renvoyé et qui est HS. Je n’ai pas de nouvelles depuis. Peut-être le produit n’est pas en stock, je ne me souviens plus (?)
Merci pour votre aide,
Cordialement,
Alain.
09.12.2022 09:16:07
Bonjour Alain,

je crains que 04945 ne soit en rupture de stock en ce moment. Je verrai ce que nous pouvons faire, s'il y a un moyen d'en obtenir un, d'une manière ou d'une autre.

Cordialement

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
14.12.2022 23:45:18
Merci Eddi,
Plus qu’à attendre smiling smiley,
…et m’avertir dès que le produit sera expédié.
Cordialement,
Alain
15.12.2022 08:44:19
Bonjour Alain,

Vous devriez recevoir une notification automatiquement, lorsque votre produit quitte nos installations.

Cordialement

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login