Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

Error 85: IMU does not deliver any data anymore

geschrieben von Zermelo 
Error 85: IMU does not deliver any data anymore
06.06.2022 03:37:31
Hello,

I have a V-Bar Neo non-vlink using 2 Spectrum DSMX satellites powered by the BEC of a Talon 90. On startup I am getting a Flashing Red indicator on the Neo with the cyclic and tail servos pumping up and down for about 20 times.

The log indicates an Error 85: IMU does not deliver any data anymore

I've had this Neo for years, and it just started happening last season. Sometimes it does not do this, and flies fine when it doesn't but now it does it just about every start up. Maybe 1 out of 15 times it starts normally.

Even when it does flash red and the servos stop pumping, the Neo appears to function properly (though I have not flown it in this condition), but all the compensation movements are correct.

Attached is the Log.

Any suggestions is appreciated. Thank you.
Dateianhänge:
öffnen | Download - V-Bar_NEO_log-20000452-Jun-5--2022-4-58-49-PM.pdf (60.8 KB)
RV
Re: Error 85: IMU does not deliver any data anymore
06.06.2022 10:27:43
I would create a service request by clicking on the service icon of this device in your list here. Write a few words there and await Edwards response.

Please don't fly unless it is sorted out.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
07.06.2022 00:20:39
Thanks for the reply. The unit is several years old, and no longer under warranty. Will they still assist in this case?
07.06.2022 09:12:00
Hi again,

we will assist with inspecting the unit, to see if it's a VBar problem or not.
Then, we can decide on how to continue from there.

But. BUT!

Please try the same with a suitable/charged receiver battery, with the appropriate voltage (LV/HV).
I dare bet that it will work 10/10 times, then.
Most of the time this happens, particularly right after power-up, the cause is an unstable or not-powerful-enough (any more) power supply :-/

Castle BECs, in my book, are not the most powerful.
If it works, then, maybe a buffer battery or buffer circuit (if allowed with a Talon, I don't know that) may help.

On the other hand, did you change anything recently or not too far back, between when it worked flawlessly and now?
Such issues could also be evidence of something coming ... power surges now higher than before, or the BEC now less resilient than before.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
11.06.2022 03:31:01
Thank you for the reply.

I did try with a dedicated receiver pack at 7.4 Volts however, the same error occurred. One time it did initialize properly however, most of the time it gave the error. I tried another pack just in case and the same result, the error came up again.

Please let me know if there is anything else you would like me to try.

Thanks.
13.06.2022 10:11:12
Hi again,

very good. Not good, though, I was hoping for something different ...

Let's continue in the service ticket you already opened, shall we?

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login