Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

Neo Keyfile Issues

geschrieben von Dylanflies 
Neo Keyfile Issues
10.04.2022 19:58:22
Hello all,

I recently got my 2nd Neo and am having issues with getting the keyfile to work. The first neo it worked just fine, but now with this one it is not working. Due to using the same keyfile for multiple neos, both of them are now not working. I have followed the instructions exactly as they are written, uninstalled and reinstalled the Vbar Control Manager software to include the Neo software, deleted all old keyfiles and re-downloaded it again, it is going in the correct VbarControl folder. The name changes during download and I have renamed it to keys.sto and it makes no difference. I am using this with a Futaba transmitter, not V control.

I have already registered the new neo, it is showing up on my devices list, and have upgraded it to pro if that makes a difference. When opening the neo software, then plugging in the neo it comes up with the message "The connected unit is not in your list of units." Some guidance here would be appreciated.

I understand the need for the keyfile, but a more user friendly and consistent way of going about it would really make a difference. Being it worked the first time, and not this time shows that it is not very repeatable.

-Dylan Hudock
RV
Re: Neo Keyfile Issues
10.04.2022 20:03:26
Hello Dylan,

how is the keyfile named in the VBarControl Manager installation folder exactly?
Are there multiple ones like "keyfile(1).sto" ?

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
10.04.2022 20:08:39
When downloading it, it initially downloads as "keys (1).sto" and then shows up in the local folder as "keys(1)". I have tried both leaving it exactly like this when moving it to the VbarControl folder as well as changing it to "keys.sto" and it has made no difference.

-Dylan
10.04.2022 21:36:15
Here are some screenshots attached of the steps I am taking. This is with leaving the file named as exactly how it is when I download it. Like I mentioned before, changing the name to "keys.sto" yielded the exact same message when connecting to the neo software.

-Dylan

RV
10.04.2022 22:00:45
Please follow my words in the Videos.

I am stating they MUST be named "keys.sto". This is also my point above, and - often ignored .... ;-(

A bit of Windows here to explain:

If your Browser downloads it multiple times into the Downlaod folder (so if you download them more than once) and the file named "keys.sto" is already in the download folder - it names it keys (x).sto (x=number of the download after ithe initial w/o the x Indexed).

If your File explorer settings are "do not show extensions" the ".sto" and others is not shown but still set.

=> rename the "keys(1)" to "keys" (.sto is kept then)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.

2 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 10.04.2022 22:01 von RV.
10.04.2022 22:07:46
Rainer,

That did it! I had no idea that the ".sto" part was already in there, just not shown. I wasn't aware that that was even a setting on the computer for files. I just renamed the file to "keys" and it is working! Thanks for the help, I really do appreciate it.

-Dylan
RV
10.04.2022 23:12:42
smileys with beersmileys with beersmileys with beer

Rainer Vetter

Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login