Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

Collective Pitch Anomaly After Setup...

geschrieben von Razmo 
Collective Pitch Anomaly After Setup...
10.06.2021 03:07:02
After completing a level swash and 0 collective during setup, I noticed my collective pitch jumps to a positive 2 degrees after clicking finish and stays there. Even after I power down and repower, I get a positive 2 degrees at 50% collective? I'm using a JR12X Transmitter. Could there be some feature activated in my transmitter causing this problem?

Thanks,
Raz
Re: Collective Pitch Anomaly After Setup...
10.06.2021 04:40:08
Lightness is set. Just dial that to ZERO.

VControl, VBar on all.
TDR, TDR2, TDF, TDS and TDSF
Peter
10.06.2021 16:27:37
Lightness? What is lightness?

Raz
11.06.2021 05:34:18
You need to download and install a new script file to access it via the PC software. https://www.vstabi.info/en/node/2345

Feature explained here https://uroehr.de/vtube/video/anti-gravity-explained-with-kyle-dahl

VControl, VBar on all.
TDR, TDR2, TDF, TDS and TDSF
Peter
11.06.2021 19:20:10
Interesting. So the Anti-Gravity feature is ON with a configured value by default with version 6.4?

Are we sure this the cause of my issue? As you may have guessed, I don't use a Vcontrol, requiring I use the PC software with my 12X.

Raz
11.06.2021 19:37:55
I'm running software version 6.3

Raz
11.06.2021 19:39:35
RV
11.06.2021 23:16:24
In general - please do notwatch/measure anything in flight mode. The Setup Mode is for Setup with disabled control loops. In flight mode are (Lightness is one) all algorithms active which may give weired results as the heli is not flying ...

About the lightness - it was introduced with NEO firmware (not PC Software) 6.4 - so connect the NEO and see what it has, then probably use as vinger posted the latest pc software and the additional file fix.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
12.06.2021 00:35:08
Hi Rainer,

I've always done my collective (swash leveling and min/max pitch) in setup. I just happened to have my pitch gauge still attached after clicking finish and noticed my collective reset to +2 degrees at center stick. My total travel was no longer +12/-12 either. Are you telling me this is normal or a problem?

My Stabi Controller version from the main page says 6.3.362. Is this my NEO Firmware version, meaning the "Lightness" setting couldn't be my problem or does this mean my NEO Firmware could be 6.4 and that "Lightness" may be ON with a configured value by default?

I did recently upgrade to Pro, 5 weeks ago.

Raz
RV
12.06.2021 10:34:43
Could you please attach a screenshot of the PC Soft, right lower corner with the S/N and Version numbers?

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 12.06.2021 10:34 von RV.
14.06.2021 00:00:44
Attached

RV
14.06.2021 05:43:28
In this version is no lightness to be used/set - both (PC Software and VBar NEO Firmware are too old).

Please update NEO, use latest PC Software with the latest patch if you would like to set up lightness.

Rainer Vetter

14.06.2021 13:53:48
Hi Rainer,

I'm not understanding how upgrading to the latest version solves my problem here? I don't have a need for the new lightness feature. Why does my pitch at mid stick jump to a positive 2 degrees after clicking finish from setup mode, also throwing my total collective range off. This has never happened with my Mini vBar.

Regarding an update, I'm not following you. Are you telling me to first power up the NEO with the boot plug, allowing it to do an auto update via manager which will also install updated PC software OR somehow install an updated PC software version first? If so, how to I procure a copy of the latest PC software version?

Raz
RV
14.06.2021 19:43:46
Well - just check both.

I had something in my mind that the 6.3 PC Soft could not display 6.4 Vbar Version although it is 6.4 on the Vbar. So - use the PC Patch pleased as recommended.

The NEO is updated by simply hooking up to the USB with boot plug and manager - its all doing by itself and updating.

Using the PC software - install the latest one and install the patch in addition for the 6.4 features.

Probably Video 01,02,03 (depends):
https://uroehr.de/vtube/cat/vbar-neo

Download:
https://www.vstabi.info/en/node/1855

Note the link to the zip at the bottom there for the patch!

Rainer Vetter

14.06.2021 20:44:22
I think I understand. Do you mean my vstabi controller version is 6.4 even though the PC software illustrates it's version 6.3.362?

I'm also noticing the Vbar NEO Downloads section says the current PC software version is 2.1.0 / 6.3. So I'm thinking the 6.4 patch replaces PC software version 6.3.1, correct?

Raz
RV
14.06.2021 22:06:18
Yes, both is correct.

Rainer Vetter

14.06.2021 22:19:20
Thanks Rainer, I'll give it a try..

Raz
15.06.2021 20:19:07
I've confirmed my NEO was running 6.4 even though the PC software illustrated v6.3.362. Also, I've confirmed Lightness was defaulted to 35 after the Patch. See attached..

Problem solved!

Thank You,
Raz

RV
15.06.2021 20:21:15
smileys with beerthumbs up

Rainer Vetter

Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login