Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

Vbar Neo - Problem Setting up

geschrieben von Joel 
Vbar Neo - Problem Setting up
26.05.2021 12:34:46
I have recently bought a Vbar neo and have it paired with a Jr XG14. I have the Neo all registered and it all connects to my PC, but the problem I'm having is I go into the setup and complete the whole setup ready to fly. I then click finish and my pitch completely changes. my 0 degrees of pitch at mid stick goes up 2 degrees and then my end point changes because of that. Its probably something i've missed but i need help! please smiling smiley

Kind Regards
Joel.
Re: Vbar Neo - Problem Setting up
26.05.2021 13:39:29
Hi Joel,

I guess you have values set for Lightness (nicknamed Anti Gravity), accidentally or deliberately.
See Main Rotor / Expert.

This will also be visible on the ground: for the heli to feel lighter, upright, a bit of additional positive collective is needed.

This does not show when in Setup, though, there, you have to be able to measure true angles.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
26.05.2021 21:24:18
Thanks Eddi, ill look into that when i get the chance.

Appreciate the help

Kind regards
Joel.
27.05.2021 07:09:04
Hello Eddi,

I can't seem to find the setting "lightness" or anti gravity to turn it off.

kind regards
Joel

27.05.2021 09:45:32
Hi Joel,

oh. Seems you have not yet patched your setup software, please see here.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
27.05.2021 10:32:12
hello Eddi,

I've tried replacing that file a few times now and it doesn't do anything to my setup page, sorry for all these questions.

kind regards
joel

27.05.2021 10:39:42
Hi Joel,

no worries.

Please also make sure your NEO is updated to the latest version.
I'm afraid I can not check, in your screenshot there's no serial no.

_If_ your NEO was still Express, you would not see that parameter either, but it should also not affect the behavior like you reported it.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
27.05.2021 10:54:54
Yeah the neo is updated to the latest version, I connected to the Vbar control manager and have checked its all up to date, Its done this from the day I started setting it up. which was the end of last year before lightness was out so I'm confused as to why its doing it considering I've tried it on two separate computers. I'll add some screenshots of the firmware etc and see if that helps.
Really appreciate the help

Kind Regards
Joel

27.05.2021 13:26:38
Hm OK ...

if it was before lightness, there must be something else going on.

When in setup, raw data are being output to the servos.
When outside setup, the control loop is active (may change the angles of the swash plate, and visibly on the ground, where the heli can not react to sensor feedback).

But right after power up, with all the sticks at center, the only thing you should see are auto trim values (none visible in the screenshot).
They offset the swashplate, and with a tilt to the right, for example, you'd measure 0° collective plus cyclic trim = different collective.

If in doubt, please start over: save your setup (upper left corner), then create a new setup, adjust everything, check what's there, then.

Please do the screenshot from the program folder again, but change the Windows Explorer settings so it shows file extensions for all files.

This feature from Windows can be misleading: a common thing is, you copy a keys (2).sto file to the program folder and rename it keys.sto, to make sure, it shows
keys.sto STO File
Checking, you see it's actually keys.sto.sto

I can see two config files in your directory, where there should be only one.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.

28.05.2021 07:26:04
I deleted the other config file and still didn't get the lightness or wag sup update so that's weird. but I went through the whole setup again and still the same thing it adds pitch once I click finish and I'm out of the setup. I tried changing other values to see if it was adding collective to compensate for something but it didn't seem to change. One other thing i forgot to mention is i compensated for the add of collective and went in and out of the setup till all my values where correct although in the setup menu were wrong when I clicked finish it was flyable. But after probably 4-6 flights my pitch would begin to change and i would end up having different values, but the numbers were still the same, which is very confusing.

28.05.2021 08:00:01
I redownloaded the setup software and replaced the config file boom had lightness and boom my collective doesn't change!!!!!!! Such a big relief. Thank you Eddi for all your help mate, really appreciate it

kind Regards Joel
28.05.2021 08:45:06
Morning Joel,

good call. Guess you had some Frankenstein software installation there, with leftovers during updates.

Happy flying now!

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login