Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

can not connect my Mac to Neo

geschrieben von alexandervdr 
can not connect my Mac to Neo
11.06.2020 23:20:47
I am a new customer with a VBar Neo (is registered)
I am running the software on a (new) mac Catalina 10.15.5
I have installed the driver, the key in the software, but whatever I do the VBar does not connect to the configuration software.
Please help, very frustrating it took me 4 hours to get this far. The Neo blinks alternatively red/green (fast)
Re: can not connect my Mac to Neo
12.06.2020 09:33:08
Hi,

do you get [USB] green, in the software?

If not, please do a restart or safe restart, to force the newly installed driver to be loaded or to force the driver cache do be refreshed.

If [USB] is green but if it still does not connect, it's probably the key file.
Please check that it is named keys.sto (no numbers or brackets in it, from multiple downloads) and that it's in the right place (right click App, Show Package Contents, follow the Link to the folder or move the file just on top of that folder Icon 'Put Key File here'.

Red/green is good at this time, the boot plug is not in place, and it's alive, it just has no receiver configured yet.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
12.06.2020 12:56:55
I did a safe restart. I tried in safe mode to connect but that did not work. Then I restarted the Mac in normal mode and same problem . The 'connected' field stays red.
I did hook up de Jeti satellite to the neo programmed in UDI (I tried all other modes too).
For your information I include how the application folder looks like (with key), but not sure how to load a picture on this forum.

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 12.06.2020 12:57 von alexandervdr.
12.06.2020 13:21:19
Hi Alexander,

you can attach photos to the forum, it’s just limited to a couple of common formats and especially to humane file sizes.
A screenshot on the Mac and if required downsizing it using Preview on the Mac does the job.

Anyway, if USB is not green, there’s no connection to the VBar.

If possible, try a different USB lead, and try and re-install the driver, then do a safe restart again.

It’s uncommon that it does not work right away, and even more uncommon that it doesn’t work after a restart or safe restart, but at times even Macs can be a pita.

By the way, I’m still on 10.15.4 (automatic update failed), it could always be that Apple has changed something, which would be a real bummer.

—Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.

12.06.2020 20:17:00
Eddi E. aus G. schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
>
> By the way, I’m still on 10.15.4 (automatic
> update failed), it could always be that Apple has
> changed something, which would be a real bummer.
>
> —Eddi

... i can confirm that everything is fine on my iMac running 10.15.5.... smiling smiley

Ciao
Michael
13.06.2020 11:24:10
thanks Michael, so at least that is not the source of the problem.

Could it be the Lightning USB interface on my MacBook Air? Anyone has experience with Lightning?
On the other hand, VBar Control manager does work on Lighning, Neo checked for updates, gave the serial number and I could register...So my mac does talk to Neo.

One of my friends and years long Vbar user suggested that the Neo might need to be connected to a satellite or receiver output to get it talk to the configurator program. Any ideas?
14.06.2020 12:31:23
What is the name of the driver, so I can look up in the systems folder to see if it is really there?

S: still don't see how to publish a picture, I do use preview all the time to do this. However, when I click on the add picture Icon on the forum it asks me a path to publish. On a Mac there is no 'path', just drag a file or select it.
14.06.2020 13:27:58
these are the files I found in the extensions library,

SiLabsUSBDriver.kext
SiLabsUSBDriver64.kext

To be clear: the USB box in the configuration software has never been green, just white
15.06.2020 11:06:50
Hi Alexander,

I've been using VBar and Mac for years now, USB directly, via Thunderbolt (Apple Display), on MacBook with USB-C -> USB, no issues.
You can check the System Settings / USB section, to see if the Mac detects the VBar NEO at all.
But since VBar Control Manager works, that seems not be the problem.

Lightning is iPhone, iPad, not Mac, if I'm not totally wrong, or are you daisy chaining adapters?

The NEO will talk to the setup software without anything connected but USB and a suitable power supply.

The driver is /Library/Extensions/SiLabsUSBDriver64.kext, if you open it (using a suitable editor like BBEdit, or right-click, show package contents), and if you check the info.plist file there, you should see entries with VBar / VStabi in it.

Screenhosts, #youliveyoulearn grinning smiley ... if you create a screenshot, Command+Shift+4, highlight the area you want to screenshot, or type Command again and click the window, or hold option while doing so, to leave the shadow out, the screenshot will be saved on your desktop, and/or you can drag and drop it to the (Select File) button here, or you can hit (Select File) and find it on your desktop. Mind that, although .jpeg is .jpg (by content), jpeg is not jpg (by extension), so you might have to rename it to jpg. And if you get a file size error, you will have to resize it.

I updated to 10.15.5 this weekend and got a message that a kernel extension (read: driver) was found which will no longer be supported in the next version of macOS any more. But at my end, it still works, as of now. Driver was installed, previously.

If you like, we can do a TeamViewer session so I can check from remote.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
15.06.2020 11:52:01
thanks Eddi, I do know how to do screenshots and save/manage/manipulate them , done it a million times.
You are right about Lightning, I meant USB-C obviously. No daisy chaining, just the cable supplied with the Neo and a short adapter cable to go from USB to USB-C.
I'll try what you recommend.
15.06.2020 14:26:18
Hi Alexander,

I didn't want to appear condescending smiling smiley

Most Mac users seem to know their way around, while you may have fear if you ask a screenshot from a Windows user, he could pick his shotgun ...
Not quite grinning smiley but most screenshots I get were made with the phone, then painfully transferred to the Windows computer (from the other-other world), then attached or deleted (if too big, why don't we allow 40+ mpix winking smiley)

Great you got it working with a virtual machine in the meantime, although (at least for now) it should work natively.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
31.01.2021 15:24:59
Hi

I´m experiencing the same issue, cant connect to the Neo software on my Mac.

I´m running Big Sur 11.1
It worked last time I used the software, but that is more than one year ago.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers, Neo software and Control manager with no luck.

When using the control manager there is connection to the Neo, but there is no connection to Neo via the Neo software.
(downloaded the key file and inserted it to the folder in the screen shot)

Do you know if there is some known issues wit big sure?

Regards
Tormod

RV
31.01.2021 18:29:58
https://www.vstabi.info/en/node/2353

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
01.02.2021 13:33:32
Thanks for your quick responce Rainer.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

"There is a newer driver available from the supplier of these USB controllers, but it does not/yet work with our devices.
We can not yet tell if or when this can be fixed, and with which effort."

Any plans of implementing the expert parameters from the Noe software "setup" pages, into the Vcontrol touch "Edit Model" pages? Would have been much appreciated since the Neo software/driver dont work with BigSur.

With regards
Tormod
RV
01.02.2021 14:02:53
Which parameters do you mean?

The VBCt has always all values - the PC probably not.

Maybe you didn't find them ...

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 01.02.2021 14:03 von RV.
01.02.2021 14:30:49
I was looking for the Maximum and Minimum Collective adjustemt under the expert "Trim" tab, but didn't find similar on the VBCT.

Regards
Tormod
01.02.2021 15:47:23
Hi,

it's in New/Edit Model Setup—Main Rotor Setup—(Select^) (long tap)—scroll down.
If you see a blue triangle marker, if you long-tap the button/icon, there's always a secondary/expert menu.
And on the touch, there's often something more, just scroll down. The red scroll bar at the margin is a tell tale.

Best,

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
01.02.2021 20:33:13
Ah.. I didn´t notice the blu triangles when I was setting up my heli yesterday. Spent hours tryin to figure out how to get the Neo Software to work on my mac, while I could have done the complete setup on my VBCT from the starteye rolling smiley
From now on, I will do all my setup and software upgrade through the controllerthumbs up

Thanks alot for your supprt!

Best Regards
Tormod
20.02.2021 07:53:12
Hello! I also have a problem connecting to macOS Big Sur. I have Windows 10 through Parallels. But it was also not the good solution to the this problem.

There is also a problem with Windows 10 and I found this article on your website - https://www.vstabi.info/de/node/2182.

Tell me please, is Mikado planning to fix these problems with macOS and Windows 10 or not in the near future?

Or the solution to these problems does not depend on you, but on the developers of operating systems?
22.02.2021 10:30:30
Hi,

for Big Sur, please see here.

I'm afraid we can not fix it, because it's a driver issue.

For Windows, you are quoting a page from 2017 ... and this workaround _only_ covered _one_ particular update for Windows 10 back then (Creators Update), where Microsoft messed up the USB subsystem for removable media in general.

The Windows software works on current installations _without_ any workarounds as described here, I have no other information.

_If_ you accidentally or in sheer desperation or against better judgment installed the Window 10 Creators Workaround, you can roll back with a simple fix:

Quote:
On your computer, there is a (hidden) file

c:\Users\<Username>\.vbmgr

which needs to be deleted.

The easiest way would be to open a Command Prompt window from the Start menu, it will automatically open in that directory.

There, type (or copy-paste)

del .vbmgr

and hit <Enter>, job done.

The leading . is important, the file is not visible exactly because of that point.

_Do not check the helper checkbox again._

But please mind that this only covers/affects VBar Control Manager, on Windows 10 (which runs natively, on macOS Big Sur).
The setup software will run on Windows 10 (with the driver installed, according to the Videos linked above), but it will not connect on Big Sur, because of the driver issue (linked above).

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login