Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

Neo with YGE 95 LVT

geschrieben von robi1kenobi 
Neo with YGE 95 LVT
19.05.2020 09:20:44
Hello,

I'm trying to setup my V-Bar Neo with YGE 95 LVT using Futaba transmitter.
I've used different ESCs and FBL controllers in the past, but first time using V-Bar and YGE.
I have YGE programming card III.
1.) How to set the endpoints for YGE, in other words, how to calibrate the ESC?
2.) How to wire YGE to V-Bar NEO if I DON'T want to use any kind of governor? To which setting should I set Act. Freew. Gov. Mode on YGE? Gov. off?
3.) How to wire YGE to V-Bar NEO if I want to use a governor? To which setting should I set Act. Freew. Gov. Mode on YGE? Gov.?
4.) How to proceed with setup after calibrating the ESC and setting up (or disabling) the governor?

I am so confused, tried many things but nothing is working. So far I've setup more than 20 helis in the past and everything went smoothly, only issues so far with Mikado. Hopefully it's worth it once I get it to fly.

Also this isn't so much NEO related (I can open a new thread for this), but when I setup my cyclic and collective, when I set it to 12 degrees of collective and 8 degrees of cyclic (all values around 75-80 in the software), I get so much swash binding on full throws (especially full aileron) that swash binds on the mainshaft and it can't move up or down (I can record a video if needed). Ball links are on the middle hole, Savox SH-1250MG servos

Please help

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 19.05.2020 09:21 von robi1kenobi.
Re: Neo with YGE 95 LVT
19.05.2020 09:37:44
Hi,

1) use stick programming (throttle servo control on Gov. II panel, in setup), for available modes, see leaflet, YGE Gov or Gov Store
2) control wire to ESC connector, slave wire to RPM connector (all three pins), the rpm signal won't hurt if you don't use the VBar Governor
I would go with the YGE Gov mode or YGE Gov Store mode, not mess with expert parameters if there's no need.
Set throttle outputs for each bank, plus autorotation (idle) throttle on main page.
3) see 2) and set VBar Governor Mode via stick programming, select VBar Electric Governor in setup, set gear ratio and (half) pole count for calculation, set desired head speeds for each bank on main page.
4) fly :-)

Please also mind the NEOs throttle logic, see FAQ.

You can also always connect the ESC directly to your receiver and do it totally old-school, your call.

Regarding your swash plate setup, please check at 50 % collective (+/– 6° of collective out of your +/– 12°), if it does not bind, it's OK. The VBar will limit itself in flight, while on the ground, without sensor feedback (model not moving/responding), you may see higher servo outputs.
If it does bind even at 50 % collective, use the cyclic limiter ring feature in setup / swash plate / expert. Lower values will help, but lower than approx. 71 would start affecting overall agility.

It can't be helped that some models seem to have a less optimal geometry, in the end you have to work with what you have, or change it if possible.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
20.05.2020 13:24:18
Hi Eddi,

Thank you for the reply.
In the end I just gave up and connected the ESC directly to throttle channel, not that I can see a valid reason to use governor on electric, never used it before.
It is still binding at 50% collective (6 degrees). Helicopter is Logo 480 Xxtreme, built per manual specs
I have one more question - in the manual Page 11 (9 Rotor Head) it states that 2 dampeners should be used, both soft and hard - is that correct or should I use only one?
Thanks
20.05.2020 13:31:37
Hi again,

can you take photos or a short video, showing the binding?
Make sure we can see what's of interest, servos, linkages, swash plate, head, and make it bright and sharp winking smiley I'm just saying, quite a lot of videos I get to see have an artistic touch, but don't tell much grinning smiley

Dampeners, I guess you mistake that for an _or_ smiling smiley you can use the (one) thinner shim for a softer dampening (less compression) or the thicker shim for a harder dampening (more compression).

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
21.05.2020 00:32:14
Here's the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DQm_l38gSso

This is on 12º of collective pitch, on 6º aileron doesn't bind that much, but elevator still does.
The squeaking sound you hear is swash grinding against main shaft.

Safe to maiden it like that?
Also, I saw several reports on other forums that swash falls apart on 480, I'd guess this could be the reason.
RV
21.05.2020 10:37:35
Well ... how much is the CR now and how low is it needed to avoid this binding?

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 21.05.2020 10:37 von RV.
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login