Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

Governor set up issue

geschrieben von Robby p 
Governor set up issue
15.04.2020 00:45:24
Hi, I believe I have set everything up correctly using throttle curve to determine final head speed.
I have as follows:

Normal 0-80.80.80
Idle up 1 90.90.90.90
Idle up 2 100.100.100.100

Seems that no matter what idle up I choose the rpm goes to maximum.
I have detached motor from main gear, so everything I’m seeing is on the bench through the set up dash.
Esc is set to heli linear mode.
Re: Governor set up issue
15.04.2020 08:50:54
Hi,

since you use flat lines for throttle, the VBar has no hands in the rpm but outputting a servo pulse equaling 80-90-100 % throttle, to the physical port where the ESC is connected.
You can see this by connecting a servo to the port where your ESC is connected.
You can even connect it parallel to the ESC, using a y harness.

So guesses are, either the end point are not properly set (80 % for example is already full throttle), or you might have confused the throttle logic of VBar NEO, see FAQ, outputting your throttle lines to the motor switch function.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
15.04.2020 11:44:23
Ok think I’ve sussed it. I had the esc in the esc port on vbar neo. I’ve now put it in aux 3 and changed aux 3 to Chanel 3 on the setup wizard.
I now have control of head speed through idle up switch using throttle curves.

Thanks for your reply with the FAQ link. It all suddenly made sense. This stuff is pretty technical for a newbie.
15.04.2020 21:47:35
Hi,

The spook up seems a little aggressive is that normal with vbar?

Thanks

Rob
16.04.2020 09:54:34
Hi Rob,

if you route through the VBar AUX3, the VBar has no hands in it. It's the same as if the ESC was connected to the throttle port on your receiver.
Only in VBar Governor mode, we have a spool-up parameter, defining the steepness with which throttle ramps up.
But even then, the initial start of the motor is done by the ESC, only after that, the ESC hands over to the input signal.

If it's too fast or aggressive, you'd have to see what you can do inside the ESC, or if you can/have to program a delay in your radio.
If that's not possible or doesn't help, you might have to give the rotor a good start by hand, so it's already spinning when you switch on.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
17.04.2020 00:44:25
Hopefully one day I meet someone that can show me how but for now I officially give up!
17.04.2020 00:45:21
Setting up the transmitter literally makes no sense at all to me.
20.04.2020 10:19:04
Hi again,

sometimes, we come to a deadlock, when trying out things new to us.

So let's take one step back and look at it, from a distance.

We have the radio (inputs and switches), we have the receiver (receiving stick and switch positions and outputting them to a) servos or b) a downstream device, like VBar NEO. For us, it's b).

Now, with a non-VBar Control Radio, we still have the receiver servo connectors (unless we only have Spektrum Satellites).

You could connect an ESC to such a receiver with servo connectors directly, and adjust your throttle channel with the means in the radio (VBar has no hands in it).
The same happens if you map the throttle channel of your radio to the physical connector AUX3, on the VBar NEO, direct control from the radio, no interference from the VBar.

So what you see when operating the ESC is what you set up in your radio and in the ESC, and it can only be as good as what's built into the ESC, by it's manufacturer and programmer.

Here, I'm out, I can not do extensive support for all kinds and brands of ESCs and radios, I'm afraid :-/

The other option is to adhere to the VBar NEO's throttle logic, two logical switches (motor/bank) to select (off-idle-run) and (rpm1/2/3 aka bank 1/2/3), which are then fixed in the VBar NEO. The sub-selection there would be, external governor (ESC's built-in governor) or VBar Governor.
But in both cases, you would also have to program the ESC accordingly, and if e.g. the ESC has a very rough start-up, the VBar can not help here either.

Where are you located, and what items are you actually using (radio, receiver, esc)?
Maybe we can find someone closer to you, who could help you 'break in the horse' smiling smiley

Cheers

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
23.04.2020 11:45:10
Hi Eddie,

Thanks so much for your help. i finally got my head around it. I'm new back to the hobby after a 5 year break so understanding was maybe a little sower than most, and not setting up my head speeds via a throttle curve completely threw me! It was as simple as copy the settings in the tx set up guide, and all head speeds done with banks using bank switch.

thanks again.

Rob
27.04.2020 09:14:55
Hi Rob,

no worries.

And again, the world has moved on smiling smiley with ESCs like YGE, Scorpion, and Vbar Control, you can do the whole setup directly from your radio, no need for a programming device, stick programming and all the old school stuff smiling smiley

Glad you got it going, now have fun smiling smiley

Cheers

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login