Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

spectrum Ix12 setup

geschrieben von brad 
spectrum Ix12 setup
12.04.2020 18:41:01
hello need some more help please
I'm trying to set up a spektrum IX12 on my neo, does someome have a procedure for set up for an IX 12 .I'm trying to use the dx8 setup
but things are not working out correctly,iI want to use rescue function setup ,so set up screens are not the same
thank you, Brad
Re: spectrum Ix12 setup
13.04.2020 10:12:17
Hello Brad,

i dont know which receiver you are using? but anyhow you just have to assign the switch/button you like to use for rescue to a free channel in iX12 (model setup/channel assign)... i.e. channel#9. then - in neo receiver setup - assign (i.e.#9) channel to rescue. check it... maybe you have to reverse the switch/button in iX12 servo setup. that‘s it afair.

Ciao
Michael

nb: no fear of using more channels... i am using 9 for my iX12/Neo setup. every iX12 button/switch can be assigned to even multiple channels and then used in Neo receiver setup. i.e. switch B for flight mode, bank switching and gyro. and - if you are not using Neo for Esc control - dont forget to tell Neo motor on/off/auto status via any channel.

nbb: using ‚digital switch setup‘ you can directly set the % value to be sent for any switch/button/etc in iX12. useful for i.e. Bank switching etc

4 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 13.04.2020 12:49 von R@VBar.
17.04.2020 19:05:33
Hello again,
Thank you Michael, I got the rescue working by assigning it to a free channel , but still can't get the motor set up correctly
I am using Two DSMX receiver's, set at 11ms., I am try to use a castle Talon 90 ,and am trying to set it up with the internal
gov.how do I set up the IX12 switches to have the three head speeds I set in the talon 90, 2200rpm @30%,2360@ 70% and
2500rpm @ 100%,I would like to use one switch for flight mode(bank) and one for motor off(hold), ix12 buttons,B for bank
H for hold, and can you please give me an example of neo receiver channel assignments , what channels do what?
I think I have it so screwed up I may have to start from scratch. thank you so much for all your help. Brad
18.04.2020 13:16:40
Hello Brad,

so if i understand correctly, you are planning to use the Talon's internal gov... Switch B as Flightmode & Bank switch, H for Hold... so this means "Spektrum default switch layout". i am using that too since 'ever' and i did not have to change with Neo - Neo is supporting that too.

just some tricks in iX12 to do: here's how i did it (there are for sure other ways to - but it is working fine) and the screenshot below (of course with model NOT powered up first, and without blades later when testing setup) - and of course no guarantee for it winking smiley:

first step: set up default flight mode handling (Model Setup >> Flight Mode Setup): Switch 1: "Switch B", Switch 2 : "Inhibit", Hold Switch "Switch H" and be sure the bold orange box is under the 0 or 1 position you want to be the HOLD position ("1" in my case as Spektrum default, just check by switching "H" up/down). in this screen you could (later!) change the displayed flight mode names and spoken flight mode names too....

second step: ONLY if you want to change Gyro from iX12 directly instead of fixed in the Neo banks: in (Model Adjust >> Gyro) set Switch to "Flight Mode" and CHAN(nel) to "AX2" - this will be the channel used in Neo setup later - but again, just if you do not want the Gyro to be controlled by Neo banks.

third step: setup throttle curves (Model Adjust>>Throttle curve)... Switch = "Flight Mode". now setup your personal curves... Hold curve = 0 of course, N/1/2 = 30/70/etc as in your example. be sure to check all switch H (Hold) and switch B (Flight Mode) combinations to work as expected... else this could be really dangerous later on.

step 4: in (Model Adjust>Throttle Cut) configure your throttle cut switch if you like to.

step 5: check all your channel assignments (Model Setup>>Channel Assign), in my example i am using #9 Aux4: "Switch I" for rescue. add a channel for Neo Bank switching (i am using: #5 Gear: " "Switch B" ) and one additional channel (i am using: #8 Aux3: "Switch H" ) that will tell Neo (later in setup) Motor On/Off status - Neo will need it as you are using Talon directly controlled by iX12 throttle curves. so in my example there is no specific assignment for channels 1/2/3/4/6/7... as they are in default setup. may be different depending on your rescue channel assignment. (see iX12 screenshot)

so far for iX12 setup... i hope i did not miss too much - last time i did that was last summer smiling smiley and my setup is a little different as i am using some additional functions/mixes for more throttle curves, autorotation training, etc. and i am using AR7700 w/ telemetry instead of sats. so im not 100% sure if channel assignments are 100% identical even they should.

now the setup of Neo needs to be completed... see the screenshot below (again: for my example setup):

Aux 2: should be <Gyro>coming in on channel #7. just check the box to use it, if you want Gyro to be controlled by iX12 flight modes (and set the channel as assigned). if you want Gyro to be controlled by Neo banks => let this option unchecked.

Aux 3: set it to #1 (throttle curve channel transmitted by iX12). this is where your throttle curves will be forwarded 1:1 by Neo and where you HAVE to connect your Esc for direct control by iX12. be sure to re-calibrate your Esc 100% / 0% after all is configured winking smiley

Motor: use #8 as assigned before to Switch H. this will tell Neo Motor On/Off status and is required.

Bank switch: use #5 as configured in iX12 before.

rescue: #9 in my example... be sure to have the correct <Rescue> (-100?) and <Off> (0) setting as described in the help text in Neo PC software.

dont forget to attach Esc on Aux3 winking smiley. now check all is working well - there are maybe some channels (esp. #5 #8 #9) to be reversed or maybe servo travel to be adjusted.... can be easily done in (Mode Adjust>>Servo Setup). be sure to check failsafe and all settings to work as expected 10 times before attaching blades or even flying - i cannot be held responsible for my explanations here winking smiley

good luck
Michael

nb: you've asked for a channel list too... that's the summary for the example above

#1: throttle
#2/3/4/6: roll/nick/tail/pitch
#5: bank switch
#7: gyro
#8: motor on/off status
#9: rescue

7 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 18.04.2020 16:50 von R@VBar.

20.04.2020 18:54:22
hello again, still have something set incorrectly , no motor control, only spins when hold switch in flipped to normal, can you
give me your, port assignments,your screen shot only has input config. , I would also like to use aux2 to control the gyro from the ix12,what values
do i input on the gyro screen (ix12), seams I am having the same issue as robby p in this form,i set a lineal throttle curve in
flight mode (0) to try and set the ESC end points, but i'm not getting the results that are in the castle esc end point set ups
thanks again ,BRAD
20.04.2020 18:57:47
Brad again, I the your statement above about AUX3 is where my problem lies, I think?
21.06.2020 11:09:45
Hallo R@VBar!

Ich bin "noch" Spektrum DX8 User, bereite mich aber mit all meinen Neukäufen auf bereits auf die Neo Touch vor.
Somit kaufte ich mit ein Vbar Neo und möchte das noch übergangsweise bis zum Umstieg auf Touch mit 2x Spektrum-Sats betreiben (11ms). Da ich einige Vbar Minis und ein Blueline besitze, dachte ich mir ... kein Problem, den die neue Software (V6) schaute vertraut aus.

Nun aber das Thema "Motor ein/aus", was anscheinend zwingend vorzusehen ist, was ich aber absolut nicht versehen kann, denn ich benutze KEINEN VStabi Gov. oder ähnliches, ich will nur wie immer meine Helis mit Spektrum folgend betreiben:

1. GAS AUS
* Gas aus ist bei mir über 10 Jahre Standard, Gas aus, ein extra Schalter, der, egal in welcher Flugstufe, einfach das Gas komplett auf 0% fährt

2. DREI FLUGSTUFEN
* Gasgeraden, die ich meinem Regler vermittle, der mit mir dann im Gov. Mode die entsprechende Drehzahl hält

Ich habe nun auf deine Lösung gesetzt, sprich meine Werte für die Gasgeraden an den Regler auf Kanal 1 und AUX3 umgeleitet und der Hold (Gas aus) schaltet schön auf Kanal 8 den Motor ein und aus, für was auch immer das gut sein soll!

Was ich hier einfach nicht verstehe:

Wenn das NEO hier zwingend ein Singal mit Motor ein/aus benötigt, warum mahnt hier Rainer zu "drei" Werten, die das System zwingend geschaltet haben will?

Für mich ist deine Variante mit dem Hold Schalter "Motor ein/aus" plausibel.

Erwartet das Neo aber nicht:

MOTOR AUS (Balken links)
LEERLAUF (Balken mitte)
MOTOR EIN (Balken rechts)

Was ich als Spektrum-Pilot nicht verstehe ... was ist hier mit LEERLAUF gemeint???

Und das wichtigste:

ERWARTET DAS NEO ALLE DIESE DREI STELLUNGEN? WENN JA WARUM? WELCHE STELLUNG WÄRE DANN BEI SPEKTRUM LEERLAUF?

Danke!

Gruß ... Christoph
RV
21.06.2020 19:15:15
Der Fremdsender muss hier das Verhalten einer VBC "emulieren" - mit den 3 Stati werden im Hintergrund Regelungen beeinflusst. Leerlauf ist Autorotation mit Wiederanlaufbereitschaft (VGov fährt dann x10 schneller hoch) zum AR Abbruch.

Hol Dir am Besten gleich die VBCt wie oben geschrieben und schlege Dich nicht mit der unnötigen Komplexitätsstufe "Fremdsender" herum.

Hier noch 2 Videos dazu, vielleicht hilfts:

https://www.vstabi.info/de/neo_transmitter

Gasgerade = Gaswert in jeder Bank auf der Hauptseite am PC.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
21.06.2020 23:29:53
Danke Rainer, aber sind diese 3 speziellen Stati auch notwendig, wenn ich keinen VGov verwende und lediglich nur die 3 Gasgeraden nur zum Regler durchschleifen möchte?

Gruß ... Christoph
RV
21.06.2020 23:45:03
Quote:
mit den 3 Stati werden im Hintergrund Regelungen beeinflusst

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login