Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

Vbar NEO USB connection problem

geschrieben von brad 
Vbar NEO USB connection problem
06.04.2020 01:41:29
Hello! I recently purchased a Vbar NEO with external gyro. I was able to register and update my device. I'm unable to connect to my device with the PC software. My PC uses Windows 10. I also tried to install it in an older laptop running Windows 7 with no luck. I have watched all of the videos on the website and tried downloading drivers many times. On both of my computers I have no subfile in Device Manager called "Other devices" as it shows in your videos. I'm stuck and going in circles, and have spent many hours (and now days) trying to solve this problem. Help please! - Brad
RV
Re: Vbar NEO USB connection problem
06.04.2020 08:59:51
Hello Brad,

what are you doing exactly, at which step do you struggle?

Lets go step by step:

- Does the NEO do its Update when connecting to the VBC Manager with the Boot plug and RC power?
- Which SN is it, is it registered to your account and which Firmware version is loaded?

Hint for the external Gyro (just as i have read it): Do you own a modle which requires this? We recommend this only in hard shaking environments, the internal ones are the better ones (resolution) and the rescue is always done with the internal sensor.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
06.04.2020 16:53:04
Hello and thanks for your reply. It seems I was able to connect to the Vbar Manager, and I believe it updated. My serial number is 20029342. It appears that it is a Vbar Express 6.3 that is currently loaded. The PC software version is 6.3.1 20.2016. Version of the Vstabi controller is 6.3.0. The model of Vbar I have has external gyro. I purchased this model because I thought it was for 500 and up size helis. The step where I'm stuck is trying to manually install the drivers. In the video it shows that they are located in the folder "other devices" in Device manager, but neither one of my computers has a file named "other devices". Thank you for your help.
RV
06.04.2020 20:53:43
When the driver is NOT installed it is under "other Devices" in the device manager. When the driver IS installed - it is found as VBar Virtual Flybar at USB Controller section.

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
07.04.2020 05:02:26
Hello. I'm still having problems. Looking at Driver installation printed instructions for Windows 10, step 4.
VStabi device does not appear on the Control Panel and it does not appear in the Device Manager.
NEO is not listed under USB in Control Panel / system / device manager.
I see VBARBOOT listed under Devices and Printers, and this contains two files: boot and vbar.ID
I looked for the VBar installation folder as suggested in the instructions but could not find C:programm_files\vstabi_##
When I click on the desktop icon for VBar Control Manager it shows online status is OK with a green check mark, and shows that the update is "OK".
When I click on the desktop icon for VStabi NEO it takes me to the Setup screen with "no connection" in red
When I click on Update Driver manually, I get 3 choices:
C:\Program Files (x86)\VBARCONTROL
" " " " \DRIVER\VSTABIUSBDRIVER
If I click on any of these I get the message "best drivers for your device are already installed"
I hope that you can read this and find out where I am stuck. Thank you for your help.
RV
07.04.2020 08:12:26
Quote:
I see VBARBOOT listed under Devices and Printers, and this contains two files: boot and vbar.ID

So you have the boot plug inserted which isn't inserted at this point with drivers and normal usage. The plug is ONLY for update/registration with the VBC manger tool.

Quote:
When I click on the desktop icon for VStabi NEO it takes me to the Setup screen with "no connection" in red

This is the setup software - which has no connection - reason see above.

Quote:

Follow my video and select the driver folder only, let windows search the right one.

Rainer Vetter

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 07.04.2020 08:12 von RV.
07.04.2020 19:07:06
Thank you Mr. Vetter you have saved the day , all is working now, (two green lites) and i'm on to set up.
I have NEO model 6.1 Express w/Gyrosensor according to the lable on the box. About the gyro, does this version of NEO have both a on board (internal) gyro and an external one? Can I choose whether or not to use the external one???
thank you very much,i wish i was close so i could buy you a beer! brad gai
08.04.2020 09:00:23
Hi Brad,

the NEO always has internal Gyros and Accelerometers. The optional external Gyro is by default not necessary, but it can help with models where the internal gyros could be affected by vibration, where it might help to mount the actual gyro elsewhere on the model where it is more quiet.

And it offers gyro redundancy, in case the external gyro fails, the internal would kick in.

Another use case, some people prefer the flight characteristics of the older sensor generation, so they can keep using it.

Regarding the Rescue feature on the NEO, that always works with the internal Accelerometers (no such things in the external gyro), which means, if you had vibration levels which can only be resolved with an external gyro, using Rescue would be questionable.

You can choose, in the Setup/Sensor there is a checkbox whether to use the external gyro or not, and you can (and must) set up the sensor orientation there, too.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 08.04.2020 09:01 von Eddi E. aus G..
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login