Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

logo 600 se - vbar neo - hobbywing 200a esc - issues

geschrieben von ReadyToFly 
logo 600 se - vbar neo - hobbywing 200a esc - issues
29.12.2019 15:08:17
hello guys,

I am having a hard time trying to set up a logo 600 se.

It is 12s, with align ds650 tail servo and the hobbywing 200a hv esc. Vcontrol.

I have 2 issues that I would like to discuss with you guys:

1) the tail won't hold good. In a hover with hard pitch pumps, the tail is very (very) loose, wagging 90 degrees or more during the pumps. I usually fix it by increasing the integral tail gain, but this time I had to reach 100% of I-gain to get some real effect. Why did I have to set 100% I-gain? What could be possibly going on?

2) the esc is disengaging during spool up. Motor starts running, but after a few seconds it shuts off. This issue does not show up all the time, what is even worse, in my opinion. Batteries are fine and voltage is good. The cut off voltage on the esc is set to 3.2V, but the batteries voltage are at least 3.8V every time I had this problem.

I attached the vbar neo config file. The motor shutdown during spool up can be seen on the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9kUiuZRFLO4

Thanks for any help.

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 29.12.2019 15:08 von ReadyToFly.
Dateianhänge:
öffnen | Download - aaa.vbr (2.3 KB)
RV
Re: logo 600 se - vbar neo - hobbywing 200a esc - issues
29.12.2019 19:55:17
Hello,

about the tail - which blades are on (Mian/Tail), which headspeed is it - and add 3 photos of the tail rotor (end, center, other end) with NOT folded blades but top down view.

For the ESC - check wiriing if somewhere is a unisolated plug or wire or a motor screw touching the wires inside the motor. Does the ESC log anything, if yes - what is the result at the failing spoolups?

For both - could also be probably a static hit issue - please add the NEO log and check anti static wires. Are there any carbon parts / amluminium belt drives in the game?

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
29.12.2019 22:34:13
The cutoff at spool up started yesterday, but I have been tweaking this heli for 3 weeks now.

What I did differently yesterday was changing the

"basic throttle" on "governor expert" and
"min. throttle" on "governor setup"

in order to get rid of the hobbywing hard tail kick during spool up.

The motor shutdown started coincidentally on the same day I changed the parameters above. Could they be related?

The tail pictures were taken in setup mode.

Thanks.

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 29.12.2019 22:34 von ReadyToFly.
Dateianhänge:
öffnen | Download - b1.pdf (69.3 KB)
öffnen | Download - b2.pdf (62.8 KB)
öffnen | Download - b3.pdf (61.7 KB)
öffnen | Download - log.pdf (63.7 KB)
RV
30.12.2019 06:41:24
Okay - the tail throw against the torque could be a bit more, but only 1-2mm at the slider. No main reason here.
How are the HS and blades here?

For the ESC - depending on what HW expects (i don't have one) - probably yes. Which have been the starting values and to which valued did you change? What was the reason to change them?

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
30.12.2019 23:36:19
hi,

the problem is mostly solved. I just quit using the vbar governor and both the tail wag and the tail kick off at spool up are gone. now I am running the esc governor and things are almost perfect. tail is solid like titanium and no more hard kicks during spool up.

the tail wag was happening simply because the vbar governor was not working at all. I was having large fluctuations on the head speed and, so, the tail would not hold in any way. the kick off was also due to some incompatibility between the vbar internal governor and the esc. it seems to be a known issue.

I am now running 600mm blades and things are fine, but when running 700mm blades the tail still gently kicks off sometimes during pitch pumps. I was wondering what could be done to have this residual issue solved too. I tried many gain values, with no success.

thanks.
RV
31.12.2019 10:12:54
Thanks for reporting back abuout the ESC incompatibility.

Quote:
I am now running 600mm blades and things are fine, but when running 700mm blades the tail still gently kicks off sometimes during pitch pumps. I was wondering what could be done to have this residual issue solved too. I tried many gain values, with no success.

Well - at the end there is simple physics which means too less tail thrust to compensate the torque. You can try to increase th collective DMA which is a direct part for stick to tail (fater than the gain from the control loop and can't oscillate) - but if you have a vlaue of 50 and it still slips - consider the tail endpoint against the torque could be a bit more, but hearing a "wuusssccchh" means the blades have stall - so in this case too much throw.

If trying DMA and tweaking tail endpoint has no success ... just use more RPM and less collective or a bit longer tail blades. or - consider this during flight and do "high collective and tail" maneuvers with instead against the torque (e.g. pirofunnels).

Rainer Vetter

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 31.12.2019 10:13 von RV.
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login