Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

External Sensor

geschrieben von Mike14755 
External Sensor
24.09.2019 19:29:18
Align 600n V Bar Neo
Exernal Sensor causeing erratic behaviour.
When heli is not running the External sensors colur cycles normally but when the engine is running it flickers this makes it difficult to take off. I borrowed a new sensor from a friend the colur cycles normally but although in the event log it says sensor data avalible its actually not working so no control of the heli.
What coiuld be the problem is it the external sensor or the main unit. The heli flys ok with the Ext sensor disabled. Cant attach the log file to this post
RV
Re: External Sensor
24.09.2019 21:21:29
Okay - first - what is your intention for a external sensor?

It does not make sense to use it in a heli which works with the internal ones. They have more resolutionad are more precise - and also - having rescue - this will be always done with them.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
29.09.2019 10:55:11
I thought that you should use an external sensor on a nitro heli that's the only reason I was using it.
29.09.2019 20:50:51
I use a Neo without external sensor in my old and wobbly T-Rex 700 and it works nice. Fixed it at the original sensor place with one piece of mirror tape. (the thick one, like the original sticky pads).

I just ignore all the "dangerous vibrations" in my log file. They will not disappear with an external sensor, I guess.

Just fly without if it works. Nothing to worry in my opinion.

Best regards
Markus
01.10.2019 10:28:58
Ok I will just use without the external sensor.
07.10.2019 12:00:07
Hi,

usually the VBar works without the external sensor, on all kinds of models.

But vibration can always be a cause for troubles.

If you don't experience drift or ambiguous control responses, you can pretty much ignore vibration entries in the event log.
They are there, but they don't affect flight control.

_But_ if you are using Rescue (which will always use the internal sensors) please try during a couple of flights, and (without VBar Control) at safe altitude (like 4+ seconds high, to allow for the safety timeout, and to be able to recover manually).
With VBar Control, leave the Rescue Status display open and check during a couple of flights, bring the model back into a hover, and see if the ball re-centers in the hair cross, and that the display shows the proper orientation.

Adverse vibration _may_ affect the accelerometers over time, causing the virtual horizon to tilt or even flip.

If you experience troubles with Rescue, there are only so many options: lessen or get rid of the vibration, or try and decouple like in the old days, with different tape, a metal plate in between, or don't use Rescue.
Recalibrating the horizontal position won't help, and the sensor center positions will only be reset upon a power cycle, or eventually 'come back' if left alone without vibration for some time.

I don't want to scare, or imply that Rescue is unsafe or won't work on nitros, I'm just meaning to issue a wee word of caution, especially if you know that you have a model more likely to show vibration.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 07.10.2019 12:01 von Eddi E. aus G..
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login