Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

Neo gets an IMU error when Kontronik TellMe is attached (SOLVED)

geschrieben von HeliYaw 
Neo gets an IMU error when Kontronik TellMe is attached (SOLVED)
25.01.2022 20:16:38
The problem persists despite removing rescue version.
When booted up without the TellMe attached, it starts as normal.
both telemetry ports on the Neo have this issue.

As soon as calibration is finished...
"IMU sensor delivers no data"
"IMU stopped delivering data"
"IMU delivers all zeros"

2 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 26.01.2022 18:33 von HeliYaw.
Re: Neo gets an IMU error when Kontronik TellMe is attached
26.01.2022 12:27:00
Hi,

this suggests that TelMe is pulling down the voltage on the secondary circuit in a way so the sensors can no longer initialize properly, or that it causes other kind of interference.

Can you try / cross check with a different NEO, or with different telemetry sensors or a different TelMe?

Wiring and all OK, plugged into the proper port?

—Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
26.01.2022 18:31:40
Thanks for the help.
I discovered that the proximity of the TellMe wires was allowing interference during boot up.
holding the wires away the rest of the other wiring made the problem cease.
Now to find some sort of shielding sleeve as the TDR2 wiring options are limited...
27.01.2022 12:09:45
Hi,

this is interesting. I recall issues with Komik and our very own current-voltage sensor, where there were resets of the sensor sporadically.
I can only guess that it’s a similar effect, the ESC emitting something during power-up, or maybe even in flight.

Back then, iirc the logging reset, leaving you without reliable telemetry and mAh counting.
This won’t cause you to crash, but it can still ruin your day if you over-discharge the battery and maybe even have to emergency-auto.

Solution was, bend the wires from the ESC to the sensor U-shaped, mount the sensor on top of the casing of the ESC, instead of in line e.g. out front to the battery. Shielding of all kinds did not help in this case, also buffering the secondary circuit with additional capacitors, I guess everything’s been tried back then.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login