Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

Neo + Sbus, no throttle

geschrieben von neilius 
Neo + Sbus, no throttle
28.12.2019 22:43:43
Hi Guys,
I have bought a new Goblin Havoc.
So having been out the heli scene for a while im still removing the rust and many things V-Bar have changed, last one i used was a Vbar mini. Now as im on FrSky Taranis i've gone for the Neo non-Vlink and plugged in my own reciever. All looking good and wired up fine, all servos and channels seem to be working as they should.. except for the ESC which is causing me headaches.
So i noticed on the Vbar software that 'Motor' can be assigned to a switch. Is this bascially the function of a throttle hold? So off is motor off and Run is on?
I have channel one set on a flat curve of 70% for the throttle (esc) and i was assuming that when i used the switch on the channel for setting motor to Run that the spool up would happen. But i just get nothing. In fact, no matter what value i send down channel one, the motor doesnt seem to do anything. So im pretty confused as to why this SAB speed controller isnt doing anything..

Any Ideas?

NOTES:
When the ESC initialises, the start up tones (played through twitching the motor) work and sound fine, so everything is working on that front.
The neo is up to date and showing solid green after initialising.
The esc does three start up tones, then the 6 beeps, then the longer beep. So it seems like all good to go but nothing is happening when i send it a value on channel one (plugged into the ESC port on the NEO)
There is another single wired plug that only comes about an inch off the ESC but i assume that is for a programmer?
The esc is the SAB 60A

Thanks,
Neil
RV
Re: Neo + Sbus, no throttle
28.12.2019 22:57:27
Have a look at the motor switch display in the setup TX/RX.

is it displaying 2 different states like:

- Motor off
- AR/Idle
- Run

Depending on your setting/switches in the radio?
How much % are displayed here?

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
28.12.2019 23:08:12
so i have motor on a 2-position switch
it is 'Stop' on one side, and 'Run' on the other.

Is motor the ESC channel then? Should the motor channel be set to a percentage? Or does it operate as a throttle cut?

I have a seperate channel set to 75% Flat throttle curve in channel 1 (esc) i thought this is for the ESC signal?
28.12.2019 23:13:54
picture attached

RV
28.12.2019 23:20:37
The motor channel is to turn Motor on, off and AR (center value after run).
The ESC is driven by the value in the main panel, governor for each bank seperately.
It can not be set with your TX through a channel.

Remember you have to emulate a VBC with this 3rd party radio - and this means ... all is done inside the NEO.

Read more here:

https://www.vstabi.info/en/neo_transmitter

There is a Solution using a AUX too where you can pass through your TX throttle as you seem to be used to do it - but for correct function we still need this 3 states for the control loop in the background.

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
29.12.2019 03:34:27
OK that worked, thank you smiling smiley

I have it working now so the 'throttle out' in each bank represents the different head speeds 1,2 and 3 and the 'stop' and 'run' on a two position switch. I get it now.

Appreciate your help and patience thumbs up
RV
29.12.2019 19:49:39
smileys with beer

Rainer Vetter

Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login