Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

Governor sensor no signal

geschrieben von ReadyToFly 
06.07.2019 21:18:40
Hi there,
I'm running the vbar neo governor and I'm getting this entry on my log file. I'm also experiencing odd tail kicks on my logo 600se, especially when I give some throttle. I bet both things are related.
Can someone help, please?
Do I need a new rpm sensor? It is a Hobbywing rpm sensor that I have been running for years.
Thanks in advance.

2 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 06.07.2019 22:11 von ReadyToFly.
RV
Re: Governor sensor no signal
07.07.2019 21:09:09
If this is related to each other - it could either be a rpm signal issue or also a issue with the motor/motor wiring insulation.

Could you check the insulation first please?

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
08.07.2019 22:12:03
Hi,
The motor wiring looks good. I tried 3 sensors, but nothing changed. Then, I disconnected the sensor and the problem was gone. I think I have a faulty vbar. I had issues with this governor before and thought I had managed to correctly set the governor endpoints, but it seems I haven't. I'm willing to run the castle governor, but aux3 is taken with the satellite. Can I use an Y to share aux3 with the ESC plug and the satellite?
Thanks
RV
09.07.2019 06:13:15
Well - you can test the VBar RPM input by a loopback test with the tail servo pulse. Just connect the pulse output pin from "Tail" to the pulse pin from "RPM". Probably change gear ratio to 1:1. Then toggle to "run" - see the "Fake RPM" signal and check the log.

If the log is clean - it comes from the RPM signal detection or the ESC / Motor.

For running CC gov - the ESC Master keeps into ESC as usual if you have a VBC as i assume here ...

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 09.07.2019 06:13 von RV.
09.07.2019 19:51:13
Hi,

Yes, vbc here.

1) do you mean to connect the white lead pin of TAIL to the white lead pin of RPM?
2) only the white lead? Black and red pins cannot be connected to anything, correct?
3) does "toggle to run" mean to run the motor by turning off throttle hold?
4) "fake rpm" will be shown on the vbc display?
5) what exactly should I look for in the log?

Sorry for so many questions. I don't want to burn the unit.

Thanks a lot.

3 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 09.07.2019 20:00 von ReadyToFly.
RV
10.07.2019 06:17:57
1 - yes (it is white or orange)
2 - black and red is power, not needed to be connected, but can be done w/o trouble (e.g. use a patch cable from a VBar)
3- from motor off to motor on with the motor switch as you must do for run the heli (but w/o esc connected to the motor or w/o blades)
4 - yes
5 - for the messages as claimed above
Quote:

Probably wiggle at the plug here during the test a bit too.

Rainer Vetter

10.07.2019 20:05:02
hello RV,

I did exactly what you said, but didn't get the "fake rpm" message on the display.

no messages related to governor on the log, either.

I tried external governor and vbar governor, just in case.

does it mean anything?

important: the rpm port is able to "read" the rpm, even when running the CC governor. I keep the rpm sensor connected to vbar Neo also when running the external governor, just to get the rpm reading on the display.

when running the vbar governor the rpm varies a lot, causing the tail to kick. it doesn't happen at all when running the external governor. if I disconnect the sensor and run the vbar governor, the tail won't kick either.

thanks.
RV
10.07.2019 21:02:25
Could you please add a photo of the hook up for the loopback test and the gear/pole count settings?

Rainer Vetter

10.07.2019 21:29:40
here you go.
thanks.

RV
10.07.2019 22:47:56
Okay - now use this parameters:

- Tail Servo 333hz
- gear Ratio 1
- Pole 5

It must give 3999 RPM reading.

AND - have a look at your photos … NOT use the ESC - use the TAIL Servo socket for the cable as requested ;-)

Rainer Vetter

10.07.2019 23:14:42
hello,

tail servo is already 333hz.

the pole (sensor config) is already 5, as shown on picture "x2".

I can't find a gear ratio of 1 on vbc. it only offers 0.99 or 1.01 to select.

is it connected to the tail port, not the esc one. it is the angle from which the photo was taken that wasn't good enough.
please, see the new photo.

thanks.

2 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 10.07.2019 23:15 von ReadyToFly.

RV
11.07.2019 06:13:39
Okay - then you should get something (1.01) a bit lower than 3999, i guess approx. 3960 - but still a RPM reading.

If not - the unit should be checked, please create a service request for this unit by clicking on the service icon at this particular device in your list on vstabi.info.

Rainer Vetter

11.07.2019 11:14:57
Hi,
Yes, I get an RPM of approximately 3960 on vbc.
Does it mean that the unit is fine?
Thanks.

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 11.07.2019 11:15 von ReadyToFly.
11.07.2019 11:35:16
Hi,

if you get any reading from the loopback-test, the rpm input signal is recognized and the unit is most probably OK.

Logically, this would mean the sensor itself, or connectors/connection or wires or soldering joints there are suspect.
But as Rainer stated, if there were issues with the motor/ESC or wiring there, this could also cause entries because at the time the drive hiccups, the sensor will most probably hiccup, too.

So time for more cross checks, different sensor on this model, this sensor on a different model, to narrow down further more.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 11.07.2019 11:35 von Eddi E. aus G..
18.07.2019 22:40:49
Hey guys,
I could not solve the issues I am having with this unit. Because of that I have bought a new Neo.
I have already registered it (20018610) and would like to have transferred to it a PRO license I have on unit 20012300. The latter has been destroyed in a crash a couple of years ago.
I wonder how to request the transfer, please.
Thanks
RV
18.07.2019 23:25:20
Just create a service request for the old one (click on the service icon at this device in your list here) - and fill out the required information. Please add the SN of the new there too. Our service will take over then.

Rainer Vetter

Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login