Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

Vbar Neo Tail Wag

geschrieben von lucasuk86 
Vbar Neo Tail Wag
01.11.2016 21:33:33
I have a hirobo freya with a Vbar Neo. Flys beautifully apart from the slow oscillation tail wag. I have checked all mechanical components from servo to tail and it was not smooth. The ball joints to the tail were too stiff so fixed them so they are now nice and loose. Retested it and there was an improvement but still not completely solved the tail wag. I have tried altering gain in the software aswell as altering the P Gain and I gain. But no change in any of the settings improve or worsen the tail wag. Running 1500 head speed and experimented with head speeds upto 1900 but does not alter the tail wag. Im really lost of what to do next. Everything is now set to preset settings on the software.

I have uploaded a video for you to see the tail wag
https://youtu.be/bObN6B90uFM
Tail Wag

Any ideas or advised much appreciated.

2 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 03.09.2017 18:36 von lucasuk86.
RV
Re: Vbar Neo Tail Wag
02.11.2016 05:33:26
Have you done a trim flight?

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
02.11.2016 06:47:15
If you mean where you put full positive when turning on the neo and the swash double twitches then yes I have.
RV
02.11.2016 21:05:52
Ok - one other gues ...

If the throttle curve is too flat or steep - it may have this effect too.

- how is your basic throttle and collective add setting in this bank?

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
02.11.2016 21:15:26
I have no throttle curve as it's the neo. We can't set throttle curve can we for nitro? We can only adjust head speed. Pitch is -2 6 9
RV
02.11.2016 22:41:21
The TC IS determined by those 2 values ;-) - Please post them ...

http://www.vstabi.info/en/node/2030

Rainer Vetter

03.11.2016 19:45:21
Im not using vbar control

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 03.11.2016 19:45 von lucasuk86.
RV
03.11.2016 21:17:58
Those values are also visible in the PC software. Gov flight panel, expert ;-)

Rainer Vetter

03.11.2016 21:33:31
This is what I have, I'm using software 6.1 and there is no value visible on my software. Please see screenshot images.

RV
04.11.2016 17:06:10
2nd image won't load - please upload here with the attachement function next time ;-)

Rainer Vetter

05.11.2016 10:26:31
Hello

I understand now, here please see attached

RV
05.11.2016 14:06:22
Ok - please dial down the collective ad to 50 for a try.

Rainer Vetter

06.11.2016 19:49:43
Ok I will try this and take to the sky next Sunday and let you know the outcome. Thank you
13.11.2016 10:49:44
This had no improvement. On flying field now
RV
13.11.2016 11:43:36
Ok - so set up throttle curve in non-goved mode (normal TC) and use the values in goved banks. Better look out for a VBar Control for doing this ...

http://vstabi.info/en/node/2030

2nd diagram and tweaking order at the end.

Rainer Vetter

13.11.2016 13:09:38
I don't have a vbar control. I tried disabling the sensor and it improved the tail wag but didn't not solve it.
RV
13.11.2016 22:05:29
So - staying on non-Goved curve - how about changing tail gain?

How may points of Integral, Proportional, Differential and Tail Gain are there?

Rainer Vetter

14.11.2016 20:06:32
How do I turn governor mode off?
RV
14.11.2016 21:17:45
Nitro or electric?

Rainer Vetter

14.11.2016 21:28:33
RV
15.11.2016 18:39:13
In Gov 2 panel there is a dropdown for a "Manual" bank - this is ungoverned ...

Rainer Vetter

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 15.11.2016 18:39 von RV.
15.11.2016 19:14:15
Hello

Please see attached, there is no "Manual" bank?

15.11.2016 19:16:32
Expert panel

RV
15.11.2016 20:06:51
It is named "Direct Throttle" here ...

Rainer Vetter

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 15.11.2016 20:07 von RV.
15.11.2016 20:38:33
So I just click "disabled" to disable to governor?
RV
15.11.2016 22:09:55
No - assign a bank for Direct Throttle and do the tweaking flight for the throttle values (basic throttle, collective ad) in this bank ...

Rainer Vetter

15.11.2016 22:30:03
Is there instructions of how to do this somewhere? I'm not using vbar control.
RV
16.11.2016 10:30:00
It is the same procedure as for VBC - the only thing is the values are on different places (gov flight, expert) - and they can't be altered in flight.

Rainer Vetter

26.11.2016 18:29:40
Can you please show me instructions how to do this? And also explain to me why I need to do this? Could turning down P gain help tail wag?
RV
27.11.2016 08:24:46
Well - its allstated above - but again ...

Please use the Direct throttle mode to dial in basic throttle and collective ad.
The goal is a roghly constant headspeed of course.

Detailed description - follow image #2 on top and the steps up to 12 at the bottom:
http://vstabi.info/en/node/2030

Mode activation = see setup gov 2 Tab, use one of the banks

Basic = set up in 0deg ground run, value in flight, Gov, expert
Col. Ad = set up in a light climbout, value in flight, Gov, expert

I would do this first - and changing tail gain later if needed.

Rainer Vetter

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 27.11.2016 08:25 von RV.
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login