Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

Rescue not upright -Nitro

geschrieben von Vinger 
Rescue not upright -Nitro
14.12.2015 15:10:14
Have a Neo setup on a Gaui NX7 without external sensor and it flys really stable. Only problem is rescue is not always level, even after we did reset the level again after initial setup. It would veer off violently sometimes and sometimes rescue upright. Will get log file a little later to attach.

VControl, VBar on all.
TDR, TDR2, TDF, TDS and TDSF
Peter
Re: Rescue not upright -Nitro
16.12.2015 08:23:40
Had to change files extensions to get it uploaded here.

VControl, VBar on all.
Peter
Dateianhänge:
öffnen | Download - JP.vbr (2.3 KB)
öffnen | Download - log-20004062-15-Dec-2015-6-31-32-AM.log.pdf (12 KB)
RV
16.12.2015 23:38:14
The setup file ist a binary w/o extension - and the log is a text file.
Better would be - keep both as they are and just zip them before upload ;-)

Anyway - as you stated issues with the rescue - i can't find a rescue in the logs. Did you really use it in the logged flights here?

There are many vibration entries - and i know from others that the Gaui NX7 seem to be crtitical in this point. We had others who had trouble with the crank/clutch alignment.

So please take care for a smooth running heli, use a VBar Control and its on-flight vibration analyzer during a hover for best result to check it. using a USB cable and the PC software is also possible - but only on a ground test of course. Having a screenshot from one of both analyzer tools would be a good help here ;-)

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
17.12.2015 14:18:07
Unfortunately the owner only sent me the last 100 entries, vibrations is after engine shutdown and during 3D manuevers. Will hook up a VControl and look at vibs plus get a screenshot.

The rescue did get better after a trim flight was done, will this have an influence on it?

I was under the impression that once the level was set during setup that it will not be influenced by external factors, like vibrations, you even have a video showing rescue being used after/during 3D flight to highlight this. If an external sensor is used, it will still not change the rescue behaviour as I understand that only internal Neo sensors are used for rescue.

Will try to get the full log and see where rescue was used.

VControl, VBar on all.
Peter
17.12.2015 16:41:35
Hi,

well, although we have use a different technology for the rescue than other systems, which gives us a much wider range of applications, it is not totally vibration proof.
It works very well even on nitros, but if the vibration level gets too high or is at a very adverse frequency, it can still cause the sensors to lose precision.
This must not necessarily be caused by the nitro engine, but the overall design and setup/alignment of the heli/it's mechanical parts can be, say less good on one machine than on an other.

The trim flight has no actual influence, but of course the overall setup of the heli can affect all kinds of control or control loop inputs.
I would be curious how far the trim flight had to trim.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
17.12.2015 16:44:09
Thks, will get logs and info soon, will also hook up VLink and check vibrations through my VC while he is flying.

VControl, VBar on all.
Peter
10.01.2016 06:19:40
Just an update, hooked up my VBC to the heli to check vibrations and no real vibration issues was logged or found, just the normal alerts while doing 3D flying. The unit operates perfectly during normal flying, it is just the rescue that goes completely haywire, hard inputs, no oversteer possible and one only has control of the helicopter after rescue has finished. Really, really scary.

The owner have decided to change to another brand of FBL that has rescue. Hopefully that will work well on the NX7.

VControl, VBar on all.
Peter
RV
10.01.2016 09:20:50
Don't expect too much ... as we are the only ones who have additional high range g-force sensors (up to 200g) for levelling the recue.

All others have the IMU sensors (16g) only. - And we figured out that 12g can be reached on a electric with a plastic frame, i have 45g on my 600 nitro and 83g on my gasser - and all running smooth!

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login