Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

NEO – Throttle Cut for Electric Helis other then Motor Switch with 8FG/14SG

geschrieben von cbrkhan 
NEO – Throttle Cut for Electric Helis other then Motor Switch with 8FG/14SG
27.08.2015 17:12:27
HI Guys

Thanks for putting up the radio configurations at the link below. This really helped.

http://www.vstabi.info/en/node/1946

Is there a way to program Throttle Cut switch for electrics that will take priority over motor switch?

Old habits are hard to break and I am really used to with SF as my Throttle hold switch.

Though I am getting better at using SG (Motor Switch) to cut off heli but in critical situations I still find myself reaching for SF before I reach for SG. I would feel safe flying if I could do a back up TC switch

I am not really good with radio setups and mixes. Detailed instructions or screenshots would be really nice if this is possible

I also have V-Control and I felt the same need with V-Control as well . I use the “security feature” assigned to switch 6 as my back up throttle cut in V-Control.

Thanks
RV
Re: NEO – Throttle Cut for Electric Helis other then Motor Switch with 8FG/14SG
27.08.2015 17:43:24
Quote:
Is there a way to program Throttle Cut switch for electrics that will take priority over motor switch?

Your radio should give you such a functionality in general. On 3rd Party Radios - the "Safety Switch" (so we call it on a VBC) must be done in the Radio itself.

Is there some kind of throttle cut switch assignment in the radio?

Or - (as out of my mind from the T8) - couple the 2 switches as "Logical Switch" in a way which allows SF to override SG in general? I did this on the T8 with 2 switches too - and the result of botrh was given to the motor channel.

Can you assign a "Logical Switch" to the motor channel and set up both, SF and SG there?

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
27.08.2015 18:25:40
RV schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
(as out of my mind from the T8) - couple the
> 2 switches as "Logical Switch" in a way which
> allows SF to override SG in general? I did this on
> the T8 with 2 switches too - and the result of
> botrh was given to the motor channel.

Like I said I am not good with setups and radios. Looks like you have already done what I need.

Would you be kind enough to take and post screenshots of your setup?

Just to be clear, I do know how to configure conventional throttle cut in 14SG. What I dont understand is that in NEO banks are handled by AUX3 ...... and how would conventional Throttle cut interact with AUX3

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 27.08.2015 19:10 von cbrkhan.
RV
27.08.2015 19:37:34
SF is for Throttle Hold (set to -100 for Motor off)
SG is Normal (off, gives -100), Idle1 (Idle for AR, gives 0), Idle2 (Run for flight, gives 100)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.

RV
27.08.2015 19:38:14
next

Rainer Vetter

RV
27.08.2015 19:38:42
last

Rainer Vetter

27.08.2015 21:11:16
WOW

Thanks for super awesome and quick help!

Now a question for my conceptual clarification. May be a dumb one as my concepts are not really clear

From the setup on the link (http://www.vstabi.info/en/node/1946) There are no instructions to setup a throttle curve so I gather ….. NEO just uses signal from AUX 3 to determine a bank and does not rely conventional throttle curves . So NEO BANK = Signal from AUX3

From your very last post (#3) you are suggesting to setup a liner throttle curve of
*0 Normal
*50 Idle Up 1
*100 Idle Up2
just like we use to do with old vbars for GOV use. I understand this to be a linear throttle signal. My understanding of throttle cut is that it would just simply cut throttle signal and NOT aux3

How would with your setup TH will kill AUX3?

May be mu concept are wrong and I am not understanding things correctly
27.08.2015 21:48:52
I have done differently. I use all 5 condition on my 14SG
IDLEUP1 --- Bank 1, Motor - Run (SE bottom, SF bottom, SG bottom)
IDLEUP2 --- Bank 2, Motor - Run (SE middle, SF bottom, SG bottom)
IDLEUP3 --- Bank 3, Motor - Run (SE top, SF bottom, SG bottom)
HOLD AR --- Motor - Idle ( SF top, SG bottom)
HOLD --- Motor - Stop (SG middle)

SG top - Throttle Cut

If you want I can do pictures.

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 27.08.2015 21:56 von alexn.
RV
27.08.2015 23:53:55
Quote:
From the setup on the link (http://www.vstabi.info/en/node/1946) There are no instructions to setup a throttle curve so I gather ….. NEO just uses signal from AUX 3 to determine a bank and does not rely conventional throttle curves . So NEO BANK = Signal from AUX3

On this page - i use the RAW switch states w/o any mixing - and simulate the behaviour of a VBar Control. This is good for me - i don't need this special stuff for which yo are asking for (2 switches, 5 flight conditions - never ever)

If someone wants to have extras - this example can't be used. So it is your task now to complete the rest - starting with my previous basic solution. I can only give some hints and ideas here - but finishing it on your radio is your task.

We use the Ch3 (Throttle) here as "Motor" channel for the VBar. The Vbar switches from stop to Idle and Run as required with it. To change the 3 Banks (and also the headspeeds) - you may use the Gyro value now which can be set up different in each flight condition - and so give different banks.

Rainer Vetter

28.08.2015 05:42:21
Thanks for the clarification on CH3. I will try the screenshots that you posted and let you know if it worked or not.
28.08.2015 16:10:21
alexn schrieb:
> I have done differently. I use all 5 condition on
> my 14SG
> IDLEUP1 --- Bank 1, Motor - Run (SE bottom, SF
> bottom, SG bottom)
> IDLEUP2 --- Bank 2, Motor - Run (SE middle, SF
> bottom, SG bottom)
> IDLEUP3 --- Bank 3, Motor - Run (SE top, SF
> bottom, SG bottom)
> HOLD AR --- Motor - Idle ( SF top, SG bottom)
> HOLD --- Motor - Stop (SG middle)
>
> SG top - Throttle Cut
>
> If you want I can do pictures.

Please do post pictures of your setup

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 28.08.2015 16:13 von cbrkhan.
28.08.2015 23:25:30
31.08.2015 18:46:59
alexn schrieb:
> PDF
>

AlexN - Thank you. Your setup gave me ideas and now my NEW with 14SG setup is complete with additional throttle cut switch.

I will be posting my setup soon for those who desire a additional throttle cut other then motor switch
01.09.2015 10:46:04
cbrkhan, good idea is the most important smiling smiley
RV
01.09.2015 20:12:10
Ok - and as soon you have posted it - i'll pin the topic to stay on top ;-)

Rainer Vetter

Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login