Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

V-bar Neo and Futaba 14SG setup questions

geschrieben von David Heath 
V-bar Neo and Futaba 14SG setup questions
09.01.2016 01:01:55
Hi,

Help needed while setting up new V-bar neo

On the program page for the receiver the vstabi sight gives example setting for the futaba tx pc channels,

collective - 6 motor - 3
aileron - 1 bankswitch - 5
elevator - 2 rescue - 7
tail - 4 throttle cut - 8
aux1 - 8
aux2 - 10

but during setup on my program its not the same,
I have,

collective - 6 motor - 3
aileron - 1 bankswitch - 5
elevator - 2
tail - 4
aux2 - 9
aux3 - 10

Now I dont have the pro software with the rescue option (yet) so I guess thats why i'm not seeing the rescue option there. but should the throttle cut option not be there?

and the biggest problem thats confusing me is why are the aux 1 and the aux 2 showing up on my program as aux 2 and aux 3?
What should I do here when I want to set it the same as the example? It seems like I can only change the channels and not the Aux numbers?

Where am I going wrong?

Also I wanted to ask if this is the correct way to go about setting the neo up? Any advise here would be good, not only to get it right but to also help me understand what i'm doing!!

I also have a couple more questions...

Throttle servo adjustment, when on this part of the setup is there anything I need to do when running electric ESC, when I move the stick it highlights -100% - motor off and 100% max throttle.

What should I set for the 3 different bankswitch settings?

Another thing thats confusing me is the motor off / idle / run switch, can someone please explain this, what i'm finding is the motor runs once switched to run, does not run at stop and does not run when switched up to idle from stop. once switched up to run and you switch down to idle it continues to run, then switches off when switched down to stop.
Is this right and can someone please explain whats right for these settings and what i'm looking for.

I'm running a yge 60 esc with gov settings on. this working really well in the model when it had a mini vbar fitted. I'm not sure what I should be doing to set the throttle percentages when its in the gov screen setting page and you switch between bankswitch settings, can someone please explain what I should be looking for here and what I need to set.

Another confusing thing is going on with my 14sg.I have the settings as above on the receiver setting page, though I don't feel its right due to the vstabi example being different. But with these settings set at the moment I have noticed that the throttle curves in the tx have disappeared altogether, I am guessing you still need the idle up flight modes set for pitch adjustment, but why have the throttle curves just disappeared? Can someone explain this to me please? Also the other thing I have noticed in the TX is on the gyro gain setting screen. The rudder channel has disappeared, its only showing 2 and 3. Whats the reason behind this?

I have found very little information and advise on this so could do with what ever help I can get. I had no idea when I fitted it that it would be so different to the mini vbar...

Many thanks and kind regards,

Dave
Re: V-bar Neo and Futaba 14SG setup questions
09.01.2016 03:39:38
Hi.All i can say is if you don't have Pro or Rescue Pro you don't have rescue channel on setup.It will show up once you upgrade your Neo.
Alsoyou always can reassign channels on that page to work them properly.

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 09.01.2016 03:41 von racer-g.
RV
09.01.2016 07:48:28
Quote:
and the biggest problem thats confusing me is why are the aux 1 and the aux 2 showing up on my program as aux 2 and aux 3?

Ingoing AUX1 is mapped to output AUX2 (aux2 to 3) - keep in mind you have a sbus connected to AUX1 and it is not available here ;-) - it just labeled not clear. If you connect a servo to check - you will see.

Quote:
Throttle servo adjustment, when on this part of the setup is there anything I need to do when running electric ESC, when I move the stick it highlights -100% - motor off and 100% max throttle.

Well - if your ESC works (initializes and runs) - nothing to do. It is also not needed to teach a ESC when it works. This is valid for a ESC connected to the "ESC"Port. If you use the "AUX" solution - all has to be done in the radio.

Quote:
I'm running a yge 60 esc with gov settings on. this working really well in the model when it had a mini vbar fitted. I'm not sure what I should be doing to set the throttle percentages when its in the gov screen setting page and you switch between bankswitch settings, can someone please explain what I should be looking for here and what I need to set.

Simple: No action required than enabling VGov and setting up the gears etc.

Quote:
Another confusing thing is going on with my 14sg.I have the settings as above on the receiver setting page, though I don't feel its right due to the vstabi example being different. But with these settings set at the moment I have noticed that the throttle curves in the tx have disappeared altogether, I am guessing you still need the idle up flight modes set for pitch adjustment, but why have the throttle curves just disappeared? Can someone explain this to me please? Also the other thing I have noticed in the TX is on the gyro gain setting screen. The rudder channel has disappeared, its only showing 2 and 3. Whats the reason behind this?

How and in which way we get the needed "oldschool channel" values from the TX - and how they may cone and be named there - does no one care. They must come in right and useful ways - you can set them up with a boat config too ;-)

My way in the examples was to get rid of all (with NEO) unneded stuff in the TX because all is done in the VBar. The TX is only a thumb 2-stick-and-some-switches tx now. Having a XG14 - we need 2% of all what you have paid for ;-)

Of course cou can set up as you like and assign the "Banks" to flight conditions (as they are - but they are in VBar - the TX must not know this just for displaying some words) thrugh the gyro channel etc. And you can assign the Motor switch through the throttle curve channel - but at all - it makes much moer work ans will bring nothing. Keep in mind - all is done in the VBar. We just need the stick and switch inputs - no matter how they will be made in TX.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
09.01.2016 12:44:17
Hi, thanks for your reply, but I still don't
> understand... Ok, i see what your getting at with
> the aux channels, but what do I set for aux 2 and
> aux 3? at the moment they are different to your
> example.
>
> Also I don't understand what you mean by vgov and
> setting up the gears? I need to set throttle
> percentages for stop, idle and run? on the motor
> switch? please explain exactly how I need to do
> this?
>
> Regards,
>
> Dave
RV
09.01.2016 12:48:42
Quote:
Hi, thanks for your reply, but I still don't understand... Ok, i see what your getting at with the aux channels, but what do I set for aux 2 and aux 3? at the moment they are different to your example.

Also I don't understand what you mean by vgov and setting up the gears? I need to set throttle percentages for stop, idle and run? on the motor switch? please explain exactly how I need to do this?

AUX2/3: If nothing is conneted to those ports at the NEO (retracts, lights etc) - it doesn't care what might be set up here.

VGov:

Just enter gear ratio, pole count as usual with VBar Governor.

Then of course this 3 switch positions must be recognized. How it will be done in TX - doesn't care us. It can be done with a throttlecurve (flat) - it can also be done with the endpoints and center if the switch goes direct to the output (my examples). Remember: How it will be done and how it is named in TX - doesn't care. We just need this 3 status values.

The exact Headspeed is determined by the value in the main page for each bank seperately and has nothing to do with the motor switch/channel anymore.

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
09.01.2016 13:52:30
Its still not clear,

Just enter gear ratio, pole count as usual with VBar Governor.

VGov? I have the gov on the esc in use already what do I need to set gear ratio and pole count for?

Then of course this 3 switch positions must be recognized. How it will be done in TX - doesn't care us. It can be done with a throttlecurve (flat) - it can also be done with the endpoints and center if the switch goes direct to the output (my examples). Remember: How it will be done and how it is named in TX - doesn't care. We just need this 3 status values.

The exact Headspeed is determined by the value in the main page for each bank seperately and has nothing to do with the motor switch/channel anymore.

After putting the settings into my TX from the example the throttle curves are no longer there. this I wrote about in the very first message, you say end points and centre, can you give me step by step examples of how to do this please, its about as clear as mud.
09.01.2016 17:00:34
Can someone please explain how I set up the 3 switch positions as per,

I don't understand what I'm trying to achieve here?
RV
09.01.2016 23:56:11
In a few words - erase your knowledge about your TX with all ist model types, mixers and functions - and start to configure it as thumb TX with one channel for each needed switch and stick. Thats all we need.

IMHO it would be way easier to use a VBar control here.

Back to PC and your issue:

You have 3 bars in the RX Tab.

- Motor
- Bank
- Rescue (if loaded)

The Motor bar must work from stop to idle and run.
The Bank bar must work from Bank1 to2 and 3
The rescue must work from (Recue only) center to rescue

So - for each - assign a channel in pc soft - and set it up in TX to get this values. Once again - how it will be done doesn't care us.

You can use e.g. the heli mixers like Throttle for Motor, Gyro for Banks. But it is not needed. It will be enough to assign the regarding switches directly to outgoing channels in TX.

Rainer Vetter

10.01.2016 01:45:48
Hi,

Yes, I have got that, but you wrote,

You saying it can be done with end points and center is the part I don't understand, What excatly do you mean?
I cant use the throttle curve as they are no longer there with the channels assigned as in your example.

I'm sure it would be easier with a vbar control, but if I wanted one I would have bought one... The mini vbar I had in the model before was a great unit but if the neo is only any good with the vbar radio then its not going to be for me... I'm starting to get that impression..
RV
10.01.2016 09:16:12
Quote:
You saying it can be done with end points and center is the part I don't understand, What excatly do you mean?

Ah ok ...

In this case i don't use any mixers in TX. I just assign one of the required switches to a outgoing channel - and so it has direct acces to it. On a 3-way switch we have now 3 positions, determined by the channels endpoints and center trim.

Like i did on the switches SE,SF, SG and SH here. They are controlling the Futaba (not ours!) Aux 3,5,7,8 directly (no more controlled by the helimixers here) and this are the Channels 3,5,7 and 8 in the SBus ;-)

http://vstabi.info/en/node/1946

Rainer Vetter

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 10.01.2016 09:16 von RV.
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login