Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

NEO Vlink with Spektrum Avian ESC Telemetry/Reversing

geschrieben von ChrisH 
NEO Vlink with Spektrum Avian ESC Telemetry/Reversing
05.02.2023 20:28:23
Hello,

I am happily using a VControl Touch with my helicopters, gliders, and some EDF jets. I have an E-Flite Viper still on a Spektrum radio that I am thinking of converting to NEO Vlink, but I am not sure all of the features are possible on the NEO.

One nice feature is the throttle reversing for reverse thrust, utilizing the telemetry from the Avian 'Smart' ESC throttle cable and an extra channel on the radio. More on this feature here. Basically this allows you to flick a switch, and then your motor direction is reversed for slowing down short runways (or taxiing backwards to impress all your friends).

Others have gotten this throttle reversing and telemetry to work on radios such as Futaba, Jeti, etc using an external dongle like this. Could this also be used via a Vlink NEO to have thrust reversing control and telemetry?

Thanks for any advice or info.
Chris

2 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 05.02.2023 20:31 von ChrisH.
RV
Re: NEO Vlink with Spektrum Avian ESC Telemetry/Reversing
05.02.2023 22:25:47
So - you are talking about a thrust reverse mode with a seperate channel?

I can't see any of both at the manual. No mode description and no cable for a channel. There is just a brake mode (motor blocks) which works with PPM too.

Also - we can't provide their signal for the telemetry etc. - so just PPM mode with Vbars.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
06.02.2023 02:03:02
Yes, thrust reversing through the ESC. The extra channel is just used to toggle the direction, nothing is plugged into it. You don't even need an extra channel on the RX, so I am assuming there is some sort of xbus/sbus setup through the throttle channel of the ESC. (i.e. you can do it with a 6-channel RX and 7+ channel TX)

From the manual: "SMART Throttle combines throttle signals with telemetry data from the ESC on one normal three-wire servo connector."

I can't find any other additional info on it because it appears to be proprietary to Spektrum Avian ESCs and their radios, apart from that aftermarket dongle I linked above. There is a video on enabling it here and the programming manual that talks about it on pg 2 here.

You'll have to forgive me as I don't know exactly how the technology works ... was just hoping there was a similar way for the throttle to be reversed when using a NEO and the Avian ESC.
RV
06.02.2023 05:59:33
Okay - so it is not a channel on the RX (which we se as channel) - it is more a input function in TX for the protocol to ESC.

I am sorry - we can't provide the requested signal in this case.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
06.02.2023 18:05:19
Bummer! Thanks for the response Rainer.
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login