Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

Trims and autotrim usage

geschrieben von Arag_ 
Trims and autotrim usage
14.02.2021 21:03:48
Hi,
yesterday I flew my Sebart Funtana 2.0m wingspan with my VControl for the first time, and all goes smooth.

However, I have realized that the trims of my VBCt are too smooth, not as the trims of rest of TX manufacturers (JR, Spektrum...). That way, it is very easy the trim could be moved from time to time, by cleaning the TX or any other way. I know when you power up the NEO in the airplane, the TX alerts you if the trims are moved, but as is very simple to be moved, it is a little annoying to get your model trimmed every time you are going to fly it.
Also, I haven't tried to do an autotrim instead used the trims we usually use in the other TXs.

Is there a way those trims could be saved internally in the model in order to avoid those problems? Or should I use the autotrim and disable the trim functions in the model? I won't feel very comfortable at all in the last option (disable the trims).

Regards,
JC
RV
Re: Trims and autotrim usage
15.02.2021 06:59:26
Using the pots as trim - you have assigned them manually in the Parameter Modify App. There you can delete them (last trims are safed in the Autotrim values, so nothing lost) or assign a switch to enable/disable in flight as well as setting up a bandwidth (!!!) to get very fine trim steps.

So - either use the Autotrim itself (see help there) which would be best - or trim manually and disable this afterwards or set a switch or enter fine steps for minimal changes on next flights if needed.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
15.02.2021 11:12:39
Use Auto-trim as RV suggest. Make sure the CG is perfect. I fly a Sebart Katana 2M electric and it worked 100% All my plane are auto-trimmed.
15.02.2021 18:04:18
Thanks a lot. I will check the bandwidth you mentioned, and also I will try the autotrim function.

During autotrim, is there any message the TX says when the autotrim is finished? While the autotrim switch is switched with the airplane on the ground, I can hear a sound periodically, but how long it should take the airplane to get autotrimmed?
RV
15.02.2021 21:13:52
No - as the control loop does not know when it is finished. i would do for one flyover with mid speed and the check with autotrim switched off.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login