Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

Legacy Vbar Vplane install help & General Q'sspinning smiley sticking its tongue out

geschrieben von jakeg1999 
Legacy Vbar Vplane install help & General Q'sspinning smiley sticking its tongue out
30.01.2021 22:26:33
After about 2 hours of trying I need to take a break. I have 2 Silverlines and 1 mini Vbar all on 6.0. I was finally able to get the mini Vbar back to 5.34 but cannot reinstall 6.0. I keep getting "Error at loading firmware: Option not available." I think I am doing things "almost" correctly. I want to get Vplane installed on a silverline and the mini Vbar. I actually already have it on one of the Silverline's from a few years back, but I don't remember how I got it on there. Currently the mini is 5.34 and the Silver is 6.0.

2 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 01.02.2021 20:04 von jakeg1999.
Re: Legacy Vbar Vplane install help
31.01.2021 00:46:53
Ok, I finally figure out the mini vbar as somehow it was not yet registered to my account. Now I cannot seem to get the silverline connected at all. The software doesn't recognize the usb connection on the silverline but it did with the mini.
31.01.2021 01:14:06
Ok, I figured it out and will put down a few notes in case I have to do it again tomorrow!

-Make sure Vstabi 5.3 software is installed
-Connect Legacy vbar to pc with usb and sensor if full size
-Update driver needed for fullsize and mini seperately (Device manager on PC)
-Download recover file, unzip, load from unzipped location with vstabi 5.3
-Download key file for specific serial number (file, online update, serial #)
-Vstabi 5.3, file, online update, choose software 6.0, 1.0plane, etc.

Only took me 3 hours to figure out and I have done it before!
31.01.2021 03:23:10
All the videos here

https://uroehr.de/vtube/cat/old-v5-vbars-archive-

VControl, VBar on all.
TDR, TDR2, TDF, TDS and TDSF
Peter
01.02.2021 20:03:52
Thanks Vinger for all your help as usual across the different forums. The video link does not work for me, but that is ok because I am now up and running. I am looking forward to setting up a new 3DHS 60" Slick with some .03sec servos that should work well with the Silverline. I am curious about a couple things. Other than Macrocells which I have yet to dive into as I have not had the need yet, is there a gain for going with a Neo over the legacy Vbars on a basic low servo count airframe? Also, what esc's play nicely with the vbar's? I am hoping to get some telemetry such as battery draw, esc temps, and amp draw (same as with my helis) and I am still trying to figure out which esc to go with. I don't think the Castle's will help here, maybe I am wrong. I can use a Mikado current sensor and may start there. I have a YGE 90LV that transmits RPM which may be interesting, but not really my goal. I also have a Hobbywing 120 Plat. V4 I can try and a Scorpion tribunes 120 Opto. I have only ever used Castle's in my airplanes, and if I need to pay an extra $100 for the Mikado sensor, I would rather find an esc that can do it all. I recently installed a YGE Sapphir and the setup and install is the most impressive yet, and what I hope happens with more RC electronics. It's virtually plug and play with full telemetry. However I am not quite sure I want to spend that much for this plane, unless the benefits are really there. Anyway, just looking to learn a little more about Vplane and when going through my logs, my last flight was in 2015, so I am excited to see what changes there have been in addition to my new VBCT! (Side note, hoping to try an edf too someday)

Jake
02.02.2021 09:25:56
Hi Jake,

don't get me wrong, but please structure your text a bit better, that tapeworm-thing is really hard to read and to comment on ...

Now,

Quote:
jakeg1999
is there a gain for going with a Neo over the legacy Vbars on a basic low servo count airframe?

Not really. Unless you need Macrocells, the legacy VBars only have so many mixers, and are somewhat limited there.

Quote:
jakeg1999
Also, what esc's play nicely with the vbar's?

YGE -T-series, Scorpion Tribunus, Kontronik with TelMe-support, HobbyWing V4 (but mind that the smaller ones, 60 or 80 amp, don't have the meters on board for everything, so you could end up with partial telemetry only. Check with HobbyWing.

All others / older ones would require a U/I sensor (for the obvious) and a temp sensor (same).

Right now, also for ease of programming (via radio link), I'd recommend YGE (you know that already) or Scorpion.

In the near future, there will be a smaller U/I sensor available, it's being tested right now.
Just don't expect miracles, the board still needs to carry a shunt, the connectors, and provide soldering pads ... but it's still considerably smaller than the 120/300 A one we have now.

Anecdote: when VPlane was released, I hadn't been flying fixed wing for like 12 years. I set up a 2 m electric glider with flaps, using a Silverline, too, and once everything was working I asked a buddy to throw it, for a test glide. It was rock solid, flew straight like a javelin, so I engaged the motor and went for it, just like that. Second battery, doing really low and slow figure eights < 1 m, across the flying field, totally stable. It provided me with so much confidence right away, really amazing. And still it was not like I had to fight the stabilization, it felt like I control the thing and it just aids.

You can be excited grinning smiley and with good reason!

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Re: Legacy Vbar Vplane install help & General Q'sspinning smiley sticking its tongue out
02.02.2021 19:41:12
Thanks for the Feedback Eddi, and I will shorten my replies! Just ordered a foam edf to try as well. I am so surprised more people don't fly Vplane. Most I think are hesitant to use gyros, but even without using the gyros, the programming and flexibility is above every other company! I am excited to give it another shot.
Re: Legacy Vbar Vplane install help & General Q'sspinning smiley sticking its tongue out
03.02.2021 09:30:46
Morning,

long is not a problem. But no visible structuring, no line breaks, make it difficult.
Generation smartphone grinning smiley

I guess people are hesitant to learn new tricks, r/c out of their box.
Then, they hear that there is a new Heli radio and that it can not do fixed wing—alternative facts—and that it is difficult to program, with Macrocells—#new tricks—and that it can’t do this or that, or not easily.
Plus, we are a blank sheet, to the fixed wing community, you would be surprised how many long-term modelers don’t even know the brand, let alone that we have a radio.
I think the fixed wing community is a late adopter, and why not, nothing bad about that. Rome was not built in a day either smiling smiley
And we’ve not been working the market aggressively either, yet.

Have fun, and if you have any Q’s, you know where to ask them!

Best,

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
03.02.2021 10:38:37
Thanks Eddi! I agree, once the group discovers the capabilities of Vbar system (probably marketing), they will be hooked. I admit that I’m a little intimidated to start learning about macrocells, and have ordered a Foam edf to do a little of such learning with.

The ease of setup and trim flight is worth the investment alone. When I show people at the field how I can trim a plane in 1 pass they are blown away.

Everyday at the field people ask me about my radio and I convince the plane guys to look into them. I’m surprised more large scale, Turbines, etc pilots aren’t using the system. The flexibility is endless, even if you don’t want to use stabilization.

My next plane is going to be the ExtremeFlight Turbo Bushmaster that uses flaps and ailerons. Years ago I had a Hangar 9 Beast biplane and it had “crow” and “butterfly” setup and that was a lot of fun. I’d like to try that again but with the stabilization. ***I still fly my helis much more than planes though***
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login