Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

vBasic single line setup

geschrieben von Psych101 
vBasic single line setup
03.11.2020 10:13:16
Hi

I am setting up my new vbasic to control my Futura 80mm edf jet on my VBC touch. The Futura comes with a reflex gyro and I will continue using this for the time being (I would love to try vPlane one day when I can afford the upgrade).

I can connect to the reflex gyro via single line (sbus) or traditional PWM (direct channel to channel). The output sockets on the reflex are aileron (single output only), elevator, rudder and throttle. Flaps and gear servos require separate control directly from the receiver.

I have some questions:

1. Which output socket on the vbasic receiver is for the sbus output that I need to connect to the reflex?

2. The reflex expects to receive the throttle signal via its sbus input and has a throttle output socket to connect to the esc. I note in the vbasic single line preset the throttle signal seems to be assigned by default to the esc output on the vbasic receiver. How do I change this to send the throttle signal via the sbus output instead of the esc socket on vbasic receiver?

3. Can I assign output sockets on the vbasic for gear and flaps while also having single line output for other channels to the reflex gyro?

Thanks.
Re: vBasic single line setup
03.11.2020 11:12:53
Hi,

1. AUX1 ... you can select the protocol in the Macrocell menu, on your radio.

2. all outputs go to the physical servo connectors _as well as_ to the AUX1 port with SBus. If you want to or need to adjust what I would call 'conventional channels', use Macrocells for the virtual outputs / Macrocells E1xxx (e.g. E1ESC).

3. see 2 smiling smiley you can assign and program all the physical outputs on VBasic independently. Just connect a servo e.g. to CH1, make that cell a channel, select an input, adjust center and limits, delay, and failsafe. For more complex setups, you can daisy-chain and combine Macrocells.

Best,

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
04.11.2020 09:40:48
Thanks for your help. I have made some progress but need a bit more help.

The sbus channel assignment on the reflex gyro is:

Ch1 - Aileron
Ch2 - Elevator
Ch3 - Throttle
Ch4 - Rudder
Ch5 - Gyro mode

I have edited the following macrocells to correspond to this channel assignment:

13/E1CH3 - changed from "FC Tail" input to "FC ESC"
14/E1CH4 - changed from "Collect" input to "FC Tail"

A couple of further questions:

1. Can you please confirm the above macrocell changes are correct?

2. In relation to macrocell 15/E1TAIL which has "FC ESC" as input by default can I change this to a three way switch as input to toggle the gyro mode on the reflex (Ch5 on the sbus output)?

3. Since I have overidden macrocell 14/E1CH4 do I need to assign the "Collect" input to another macrocell? I am not sure what function this currently performs or if there are any unintended consequences in changing this macrocell from default.

Thanks again.
04.11.2020 09:49:49
Morning,

1. looks good to me—what counts is, does the gyro/do the functions work properly?

2. yes. Make it type channel and assign your preferred input (e.g. Sw Bank, bank switch), and adjust direction, limits and center if necessary, so the switch does what it's supposed to do.

3. "Collect" would be the collective stick input, basically the same as the throttle stick input, and it's only needed or used on helicopters where you separate those two. Unless you had a plane with constant rpm and pitch control, on the propeller ... if any input is not assigned to a physical output, or to a subsequent macrocell or set of macrocells, it will just do ... nothing smiling smiley

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
04.11.2020 13:07:20
I also need to calibrate the esc which requires powering on the esc when the throttle is set at 100%.

What would be the process to do this as the vbar control does not enable the motor on switch to be turned on before the esc and vBasic have been powered on?

Would it work to temporarily assign collective input to macrocell 13/E1CH3 and power up at full collective/throttle or is there a better way?
04.11.2020 13:40:07
Hi,

changing the ESC's Macrocell temporarily is probably the best way.
I know that VPlane has a mode (like helicopters do) where you can enable stick control, but that seems to be missing in VBasic, or no one found it so far smiling smiley

Cheers

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
05.11.2020 03:45:46
Just though I would let you know I have everything setup and working as expected now. Just need to figure out how to program some elevator mix into my flaps but I have found a Kyle Dahl video on that so I will start there first.

Thanks for all your help.
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login