Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

Flaperon setup

geschrieben von Arag_ 
Flaperon setup
18.10.2020 23:33:06
Hello,
I am configuring my first vplane with my VBC Touch tx, and I want to use both ailerons surfaces/servos to use airbrakes/flaps in my airplane in the way with a 3-position switch get my ailerons go up, center or down in any position with aileron stick centered.
I am not sure what kind of flaps should I choose in AUX3 Master NEO in the setup (flap or flaperon)?
Also, I don't know how to program macrocells in order to do this. I guess there should be a mixer between AUX3 channel and Aileron channel, but don't know how to program.
Re: Flaperon setup
19.10.2020 08:46:13
19.10.2020 20:00:58
I have review those videos but my configuration is different the one explained there.

Anyways, thanks rutra
20.10.2020 11:53:40
Hi,

can you please give a couple more details about your plane?

Do you have ailerons and flaps (which should act as both), or just ailerons, which should also act as flaps?

With VBar Control Touch, in setup, you can dial in an amount of flap mix, to aileron, and adjust the flap mixer itself using MC09 and MC27.
For ease of setup, you can assign Flaps to CH4 and AUX3, even if there are no servos connected. It will just ease the way to set up the Flaps.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
20.10.2020 18:17:01
Hi Eddi,

The plane has only ailerons, that should act as ailerons and flaps.

Also, the elevator has two servos, so I have selected as plane type Standard 2 Elev. This way I have following channels:
ESC: to engine servo.
TAIL: to rudder servo.
CH1: elevator 1
CH2: aileron left
CH3: aileron right
CH4: elevator 2
AUX3: flap

So, now I need to know if it is necessary to have 2 separate channels for flaps or just with one channel, mixed with aileron left and right makes the switch selected for flaps position to move the ailerons.

Any idea how should I program MC09 and 27?

Thanks a lot for the support.
21.10.2020 08:51:30
Hi,

I did just check:

do a setup as you would, without flaps. All standard but include the 2nd elevator servo on CH4.

Then, go CH2/3 with a long tap, in Setup / Wingmixers Setup, and dial in Flap Mix, and set the direction individually.
There are also buttons to directly access MC09 (where you can set the delay, in particular, and MC27, where you can assign a switch, and set the positions.

Pretty simple, actually.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
21.10.2020 22:22:56
Hi Eddi,

Got it! And working. Just two comments.

It is necessary to put CH2 and 3 as Flaperon instead Aileron type. Once this type is changed it appears the parameters you mention above.
Second, I don't know why it is necessary to use two macrocells, one to select the switch and the other one to select the delay. I have been able to select the switch and also the delay in the MC9 putting as type a Channel type. I think that is correct, or am I missing something?
22.10.2020 09:01:53
Hi,

I had both CH2 and 3 still set to Aileron, on my bench test setup, would have to try and see the difference to the Flaperon setting.

Two cells, because one is for the overall travel and limits, and adds delay, while the other one allows for adjusting three positions/percentages.
But that is for the general flap setup, where you usually only use control surface down, center-halfway down-all the way down.
In your particular case, one cell could be sufficient, since you basically only mix aileron with fixed values up, center, down.

There are always several ways to skin a cat grinning smiley

Cheers

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
25.10.2020 19:30:09
Hello,
I am having problems in the configurations of ailerons in bank 1 and 2. I want to have both banks equaly configured but for the gyros that are present in bank 2 but not in bank 1.
The problem is that adjusting the agility parameter in ailerons to the same value in both banks, the deflection of ailerons in bank 1 is smaller than in bank 2. I have tried to raise the agility in bank 1 to maximum 100 value but still the deflection is smallerl than in bank 2 with agility set to 60.
This only occurs with ailerons surface, nor with elevator neither rudder. Why is that happening?

Another thing Id like to know is if there is a way to enable gyros on bank 1 or disable gyros in banks 2 and 3. It is just to raise the gain in bank 1 for each channel to a value different of zero or is there any other thing to be done?

Regards,
JC

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 25.10.2020 19:30 von Arag_.
26.10.2020 11:01:15
Hello,

to disable stabilization, just zero out the overall gain in the respective bank.
The control surfaces will still work a bit, this is because I (required for auto trim) is still enabled, to some degree.

To have the same values in two banks, copy the OK bank to the other bank, using Model Tools.
Or check all the menus and submenus for differences ... I can not tell, from a distance smiling smiley

Also, the deflection on the ground does only tell so much, they do not necessarily represent what agility you get in the air, we are controlling rates, not servo positions after all, with VPlane.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login