Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

How to set up Switch 1 to be an Aircraft Snap Roll Switch

geschrieben von GeneG 
How to set up Switch 1 to be an Aircraft Snap Roll Switch
02.10.2020 21:04:47
Flying using Mode 2 Tx Controls, I would like to set up Switch 1 to be a snap roll switch.

An aircraft positive left snap roll being defined as the simultaneous deflection of up elevator, left aileron,
and left rudder using Switch 1 when moved against the spring load. Normal flight when spring load is released.

Can a "cookbook" procedure be posted to achieve the above, please.

i.e...…

Step 1) Do this

Step 2) Do that

Step 3) Do this other

Etc.

Unfortunately for me, I find the myriad of combinations of the menus very confusing.

I have tried and tried to do this without success.

Thanks for your help.
Re: How to set up Switch 1 to be an Aircraft Snap Roll Switch
06.10.2020 13:47:09
Hi Gene,

here we go:

Prerequisites (may differ on your radio/plane):

Transmitter Setup, Switch Assignments, make Switch 1 an Option Switch, from now on we call it Option 3 or Sw Op 3.

Model Setup, New Model Setup, Standard (Elevator, Rudder, two Ailerons), servos connected as default.
Set up Elevator and Aileron in the Edit Model Setup Wizard, but no need to make changes to the Ailerons there, that happens later.

Now the Macrocells for Snap Roll:

To get the hang of it, to see what it does, first try only the * marked instructions. Once you see what your elevator servo/control surface does now, I think you have it.

*Edit Macrocells, 01/CH1 (Elevator Servo), make it a Multiplexer Cell, Assign Sw Op 3, select MC31/NN as the lower or higher input, select FC Elev as the other two inputs.
Edit Macrocells, 05/Tail (Rudder Servo), make it a Multiplexer Cell, Assign Sw Op 3, select MC35/NN as the lower or higher input, select FC Tail as the other two inputs.

Edit Macrocells, 02/CH2 (Left Aileron Servo), make it a Channel Cell, Assign MC32/NN as the input, reverse and adjust travels as necessary, asymmetrical up/down for differential mix.
Edit Macrocells, 03/CH3 (Left Aileron Servo), make it a Channel Cell, Assign MC33/NN as the input, reverse and adjust travels as necessary, asymmetrical up/down for differential mix.

Edit Macrocells, MC32/NN, make it a Multiplexer Cell, Assign Sw Op 3, select MC36/NN as the lower or higher input, select FC Ail as the other two inputs.
Edit Macrocells, MC33/NN, make it a Multiplexer Cell, Assign Sw Op 3, select MC37/NN as the lower or higher input, select FC Ail as the other two inputs.

*Edit Macrocells, *MC31/NN, MC35/NN, MC36/NN, MC37/NN, make it Fixed value, dial in the value for the snap roll position of the corresponding control surface.

The Multiplexer cells define what input is given to the respective servos/control surfaces by switch position FC (Flight Control) or a Fixed value.
FC (Flight Control) is Stick position with Agility, Expo, Trim per Bank, compared to the clean stick input (FC Ail <-> Ail), this is why we want FC Ail.
The Channel cells make the ailerons adjustable individually.
The Fixed cells are used to adjust the control surface position in Snap Roll.

You might notice that I used e.g. MC31 as an input to MC01, 32 for 02 etc., one way to make it more 'human readable', but with the Touch, you can of course use any MC's and name them accordingly.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
06.10.2020 23:10:38
Hi, Eddi

I have 2 elevator servos, not 1.

How does that effect the procedure?

Thanks,
Gene
07.10.2020 01:47:31
On my VCT, the spring loaded switch on the right is SW OP 2.

When I set up an MC for CH4(the other aileron half), the elevators move opposite
of each other when the snap switch is pushed.....and I cannot reverse the direction.

Thanks for any help on this.

Cheers
07.10.2020 04:27:03
Also, why is it that with VBasic NEO I have......that when I move the NEO around with my hand,
all the servos center positions move around...…

But, when I go to "Edit Model Setup" AND then "Start editing current Setup", all the servos
return to their proper center position and when I move the NEO around with my hand,
all the servo center positions now DONT move around.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for any help.
07.10.2020 09:14:04
Hi Gene,

if you have two elevator servos, just do the

*Edit Macrocells, 01/CH1 (Elevator Servo), make it a Multiplexer Cell, Assign Sw Op 3, select MC31/NN as the lower or higher input, select FC Elev as the other two inputs.

For the other physical output where you want to connect your other aileron servo, e.g. CH4, like

*Edit Macrocells, 04/CH4 (Elevator Servo 2), make it a Multiplexer Cell, Assign Sw Op 3, select MC34/NN as the lower or higher input, select FC Elev as the other two inputs, then

*Edit Macrocell, *MC34/NN, make it Fixed value, dial in the value for the snap roll position of the corresponding control surface.

If the other servo needs to be reversed or adjusted individually (center, end points) compared to the one on CH1, you need to do the same thing as with the aileron servos, to both physical aileron outputs CH1 and e.g. CH4, where you can use the channel cell to set them up individually.

About the reaction to NEO movement, sure it's VBasic not VPlane? Mine doesn't do that. But if I have a trim switch assigned in Flight Parameters, and that one is active (radio pings), the trim feature does tiny things, with small stick inputs, that's intentional and what the trim feature does.

Can't seem to find a registered unit with just VBasic installed, in your account ...

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
07.10.2020 22:41:54
Hi, Eddi

"But if I have a trim switch assigned in Flight Parameters, and that one is active (radio pings), the trim feature does tiny things, with small stick inputs, that's intentional and what the trim feature does. "

In "Model Setup" > "Model Tools" > "Modify Config", I have "Trim Elevator", "Trim Rudder", and "Trim Aileron" enabled
with Min/Max values of -120/120 and the Relative checkbox checked with a value of 0.

Under "My V-Devices" > "Administration" > "My Devices", my Vbasic is registered with the serial number 20038954
with Model Name "Nuance G2". When I click on "Apps" for this device, "VPlane Professional 1.3 Firmware" is checked.
I had upgraded from the stock software to the Pro + Rescue software from the App Store purchase.

Just now, I disabled the "Trim Elevator", "Trim Rudder", and "Trim Aileron", and nothing changed. By
moving the NEO by hand, the servos "jiggle" around.

I was under the impression I need to load the Vplane software rather than the Basic VLink Receiver 1.1 software?

In order to answer this issue you pose, I will now load the Basic VLink Receiver 1.1 software from the App Store.

Thanks again for your help, Eddi.

I know this NEO is a VBasic Vlink, as it only cost $125.....vs $250.

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 07.10.2020 22:44 von GeneG.
07.10.2020 23:38:41
Hi again, Eddi

Loaded the Basic VLink Receiver 1.1 software from the App Store via the network.

I also performed a "New Model Setup", selecting Vplane with two elevators.

It didn't help the NEO servo jittering issue....that is, until I powered off the
NEO and VCT tx.

Upon powering up, the NEO servo jittering issue went away.

I guess that makes sense as the NEO and VCT tx needed to "reboot" the system for the
changes to take full effect.

Cheers

2 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 08.10.2020 03:39 von GeneG.
08.10.2020 00:48:28
Hi, Eddi

Under "Model Setup" > "Model Tools" > "Modify Config",

I enabled "Trim Elevator" to "Trim 2 front right",

and enabled "Trim Rudder" to "Trim 3 top left", and

and enabled "Trim Aileron" to "Trim 4 top right".

The "Relative" check boxes are checked with values of 0.

No servo jitter when NEO is moved around.

Cheers
08.10.2020 05:33:50
Hi, Eddi

I think I got it.

Set up the macrocells for the elevator similar to the aileron.

The servos all move in the proper directions, with no jitter, spring loaded snap roll lever on top right of VCT Tx

I will explain in greater detail tomorrow, as right now my mind is tired out.

I do want to complement you on taking the time and effort to help me
with this. I would have never figured this out by myself.

Now I have to figure out how to get you those 2 steak dinners I promised.

Again, many, many thanks

Cheers,
Gene
08.10.2020 09:33:39
Hi Gene,

big thumbs up so far. Can be hard to wrap your mind around it, the first time.

Checking your device list, I saw that there was one VPlane unit (Nuance), and with VPlane (firmware with gyro stabilization), it's OK and intended that the control surfaces react to motion, or even jitter a bit in apprehension smiling smiley

But if you want to fly in formats where gyro stabilization is (still) frowned upon or prohibited, you have to use VBasic.

About the reboot, makes sense. I mean, previously the gyros had been enabled, and that does not just fall off. The VBar is designed in a way so it will repeat it's routine stubbornly on and on until power is cut, and even then, it would do a warm start only, if power was cut only very briefly (like in a loose contact, or other issues on the supply voltage).

About the steak dinners, I guess we have a date at the Texas Roadhouse in Muncie, IN, come next IRCHA Jamboree where we can travel to freely again grinning smiley
Or who knows, maybe I'll be in TX one day, or there's another event in the U.S.
Just kiddin', a pleasure to help, although I'd be happy to share a beer or two, and talk some shop, sometime.

—Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
08.10.2020 19:30:39
Hi, Eddi

"Checking your device list, I saw that there was one VPlane unit (Nuance)"

That is the NEO that I purchased for $125....a VBasic Vlink.

I went back and loaded the Basic VLink Receiver 1.1 software from the App Store via the network.

Is there any way I can get a refund for the Pro+Rescue upgrade for this NEO?

At this point I don't need the upgrade. I made a mistake by getting the upgrade.

Thanks
Gene

2 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 08.10.2020 20:01 von GeneG.
09.10.2020 12:06:52
Hi Gene,

either that, or we can send a voucher code for later use/use on a different VBar NEO, your call.

Best,

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
09.10.2020 22:09:28
Eddi E. aus G. schrieb:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Gene,
>
> either that, or we can send a voucher code for
> later use/use on a different VBar NEO, your call.
>
> Best,
>
> Eddi

Hi, Eddi

I changed my mind....I sent an email to Edward saying that.

No problems.

I want to keep the PRO+RESCUE upgrade after all.

Sorry for the trouble.

Thanks

Sincerely,
Gene
11.10.2020 05:29:40
Why is it now when I try to enter "Edit Model Setup" and the "Start editing current Setup",
it enters Basic Model Setup with model Name "Flieger"?????????

I cannot change the NEO orientation.

what is wrong with this??????

This is so frustrating.

Thanks for any help
11.10.2020 16:29:24
GeneG Wrote:
> Why is it now when I try to enter "Edit Model
> Setup" and the "Start editing current Setup",
> it enters Basic Model Setup with model Name
> "Flieger"?????????
>
> I cannot change the NEO orientation.
>
> what is wrong with this??????
>
> This is so frustrating.
>
> Thanks for any help

Have you loaded the VBasic App?

VControl, VBar on all.
TDR, TDR2, TDF, TDS and TDSF
Peter
11.10.2020 20:28:36
Hi, Vinger

"Have you loaded the VBasic App?"

Under "My Devices", clicked on the "Apps" icon for this NEO basic and it shows that
the "Basic VLink Receiver 1.1" is loaded.

Also, when I connect this NEO to my PC, with the "plug" also connected to this NEO, and
invoke the Vbar Control Manager.....and power up this NEO.....and then click the "applications"
button...the "My Device Software" indicates that the "Basic VLink Receiver 1.1" is loaded.

Is there any way to "reset" this NEO Basic to original factory settings? Perhaps, then
I can start "fresh".

Thanks for your help.

Cheers
12.10.2020 05:01:08
GeneG Wrote:
> Hi, Vinger
>
> "Have you loaded the VBasic App?"
>
> Under "My Devices", clicked on the "Apps" icon for
> this NEO basic and it shows that
> the "Basic VLink Receiver 1.1" is loaded.
>
> Also, when I connect this NEO to my PC, with the
> "plug" also connected to this NEO, and
> invoke the Vbar Control Manager.....and power up
> this NEO.....and then click the "applications"
> button...the "My Device Software" indicates that
> the "Basic VLink Receiver 1.1" is loaded.
>
> Is there any way to "reset" this NEO Basic to
> original factory settings? Perhaps, then
> I can start "fresh".
>
> Thanks for your help.
>
> Cheers

Starting a new setup will reset the Neo. I meant the VBasic app for your VBCt.

VControl, VBar on all.
Peter
12.10.2020 05:32:50
Hi, Vinger

"Starting a new setup will reset the Neo. I meant the VBasic app for your VBCt."

New setup = NEO reset….got it.

I did the VBasic app for my VBCt.

Thanks for your help.
12.10.2020 20:03:37
Hi, Eddi

It seems inconsistent that when performing a setup, the servos jittering or not
when moving the NEO around occurs.

Some times it does, sometimes not.

Wish I could figure it out.

One other thing is that I had to set up the rudder snap roll, as you did
with the dual ailerons and dual elevators, in order to get the rudder direction
correct with both snap roll and normal stick movement.

You have taught me a lot about macrocells…..

Thanks
13.10.2020 09:06:13
Hi Gene,

you're welcome.

Do the servos still jitter, with VBasic, or is it still VPlane?

Apart from that, on all the r/c model I had (land-sea-air), there were always certain servo positions were you heard the servos buzz or hum.
From remote, it's difficult to tell what the cause could be.

—Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
13.10.2020 21:57:44
Hi, Eddi

"Do the servos still jitter, with VBasic, or is it still VPlane?

According to "My Devices, the Basic VLink Receiver 1.1 is loaded.

Should I have VPlane Professional 1.3 Firmware loaded instead?

"Apart from that, on all the r/c model I had (land-sea-air), there were always certain servo positions were you heard the servos buzz or hum."

This "jitter" is not from the usual hum from a digital servo trying to hold "center" or hold position.

Instead it is very noticeable servo movement that, in the air, would cause an airplane to fly erratically.

The jitter has the all servo arms moving over 1/16th of an inch as you move the NEO around.

After a variety of trying New Model Setups or even Edit Model Setups, occasionally the jittering is gone and I
can proceed to use the macrocells to implement the spring loaded snap roll switch above the elevator stick.

I can't find a way that consistently avoids.....or fixes....this odd issue when it occurs. I just start from square 1 and go through the motions hoping it doesn't occur.

I wonder if it is due to some app I downloaded from the "Shop" app on the VCT tx that is conflicting
with the VCT system.

Cheers

3 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 14.10.2020 01:55 von GeneG.
14.10.2020 05:03:28
How is AUTOTRIM switch set in the VBCt? It might be active all the time, will hear the chimes, and causing the servos to try to find a trim setting.

VControl, VBar on all.
Peter
14.10.2020 05:19:56
"How is AUTOTRIM switch set in the VBCt?"

Disabled.

I don't like auto trim.

I prefer to trim an airplane manually.

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 14.10.2020 05:21 von GeneG.
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login