Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

How do you enable the Alieron, Elevator, Rudder and Throttle Trim on the Neo Vbasic in Airplane Mode?

geschrieben von GeneG 
How do you enable the Alieron, Elevator, Rudder and Throttle Trim on the Neo Vbasic in Airplane Mode?
29.09.2020 22:41:18
Just set up my Neo Vbasic in Airplane mode....2 elevators and 2 ailerons.

The servos now move in the correct directions when I move the control TX
sticks(Mode 2).

But the aileron, elevator, rudder, and throttle trim pots seem disabled.

What is the solution to this problem?

Thanks for any help.

Cheers

BTW, I would like the pots to adjust the aircraft trim while in flight.

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 29.09.2020 23:09 von GeneG.
RV
Re: How do you enable the Alieron, Elevator, Rudder and Throttle Trim on the Neo Vbasic in Airplane Mode?
29.09.2020 22:56:05
For setting up the pots - use the Parameter Modify App in the VBCt ;-)

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
Re: How do you enable the Alieron, Elevator, Rudder and Throttle Trim on the Neo Vbasic in Airplane Mode?
29.09.2020 23:11:51
Thanks for your response RV.

"use the Parameter Modify App in the VBCt"

I don't know what that is in the VBasic in airplane mode.

Cheers

In what might be that section, "autotrim" can be used to move the servo centers, but it certainly
cannot be used in flight.

2 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 30.09.2020 02:00 von GeneG.
30.09.2020 08:59:50
Hi Gene,

the Modify Parameters App (for Touch) can be found in Extensions, in the Shop App.
Once installed, you find a new menu entry in model setup, where you can assign all kinds of parameters to your rotary inputs, and select if changes should be relative (to the original value) or absolute (ly linked to the rotary input position), and adjust the range of values.

On the classic VBar Control, you can only assign certain parameters to a potentiometer, by opening the parameter and rotating the pot, it will this way fetch the parameter, and it's only for the current flight.

I'd use auto trim, assign it to a switch, as long as the switch is engaged, your stick inputs will control the aircraft as well as add trim values to the control surfaces. Just fly until you can let go of the sticks and the model keeps flying straight, then disengage, job done.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 30.09.2020 09:00 von Eddi E. aus G..
30.09.2020 19:32:49
Hi, Eddi

I am used to using the 4 trim pots/levers, whatever they are called, 2 located adjacent to the control sticks.....
and the other two located on top of the VC Touch.

One each are used to control elevator, aileron, rudder, and throttle...like on a normal aircraft transmitter.

I don't want one trim lever to control all 4 functions.

For instance, using mode 2, when I move(rotate) the trim lever adjacent to the elevator stick(up/down)....I want only the elevators to have it's trim adjusted up/down.

When I move(rotate) the trim lever on top on the VC Touch TX left/right...I want only the ailerons to it's trim adjusted left/right.

Etc....

I do NOT want to use the two rotating knobs for anything at this time.

I have always referred to the two rotating knobs as "knobs" on other TX's...and the rotating levers as "trim levers".

On many aircraft TX's, the trim levers don't rotate, but rather are push and release for one "click" of trim in either direction.

Thanks for all your help.

4 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 30.09.2020 19:57 von GeneG.
RV
30.09.2020 22:13:05
Have you tried the modify parameter app already?
Try it and set the values in a useful range, probably the pots to "relative" trim function.
There is also a help included in the app.

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
01.10.2020 06:18:16
Autotrim works perfectly and the beauty is once done you never have to do it again, temp changes, density changes do not affect it. Caution do NOT use autotrim on the ground.

VControl, VBar on all.
TDR, TDR2, TDF, TDS and TDSF
Peter
02.10.2020 02:47:18
Whew....finally got it to work the way I want it to.

Here's what I did....

Under Model Setup....then Model Tools....and then Modify Config....

A list is then displayed....associating "Control" with "Parameter"....with Min and Max values.

Initially the Parameters are all disabled.

Given that I fly using Mode 2...…….

For TX elevator trim.....Trim 2 Front Right, tap the associated disabled button and a drop down list will appear.....scroll down the list until you see Trim Elevator......tap that button, and you have activated inflight elevator trim....adjust the Min and Max
as desired when in flight.

For TX aileron trim.....Trim 4 Top Right, tap the associated disabled button and a drop down list will appear.....scroll down the list until you see Trim Aileron......tap that button, and you have activated inflight aileron trim....adjust the Min and Max

For TX rudder trim.....Trim 3 Top Left, tap the associated disabled button and a drop down list will appear.....scroll down the list until you see Trim Rudder......tap that button, and you have activated inflight rudder trim....adjust the Min and Max

The elevator, aileron, and rudder trim levers emulate the flight action of a normal, fixed wing, aircraft TX when in flight.

After obtaining the proper in flight trim of your aircraft, land the aircraft.

Then mechanically adjust the linkages so that your trim levers are brought back to neutral trim.

Done.

Always verify that your trim levers are in the neutral position before flying!
RV
02.10.2020 06:33:18
Quote:
Always verify that your trim levers are in the neutral position before flying!

Not needed, set the "relative" check and we will take the "power on position" as neutral. Being too much off - a pop up comes up for centering first.

Rainer Vetter

02.10.2020 18:16:29
Hi, RV

"Being too much off - a pop up comes up for centering first."

How much is "too much off"?

I want them at 0 at takeoff.

Thanks
RV
02.10.2020 19:29:58
Greg,

there is a limit which says - you must have enough throw at the poti for the adjustable range you have set in both directions.

Rainer Vetter

03.10.2020 20:50:40
Hi, Vinger

Thanks for your response.

"temp changes, density changes do not affect it."

I don't understand.

I have flown fixed wing competition at "sea level".....as well as at over 3500'.

When I flew at 3500' after flying at sea level, I always had to increase the control surface
deflections to have the same "feel" as at sea level...as well as minor trim adjustments.

Just our observations.

Cheers
05.10.2020 06:13:27
GeneG Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi, Vinger
>
> Thanks for your response.
>
> "temp changes, density changes do not affect it."
>
> I don't understand.
>
> I have flown fixed wing competition at "sea
> level".....as well as at over 3500'.
>
> When I flew at 3500' after flying at sea level, I
> always had to increase the control surface
> deflections to have the same "feel" as at sea
> level...as well as minor trim adjustments.
>
> Just our observations.
>
> Cheers

Once the aircraft is in trim with Vplane, it will always stay in trim as the Neo will always fly in the same attitude regardless of changes that would affect trim. You can even disable the AUTO TRIM feature once your aircraft is set to fly hands off. Changes to AGILITY can be made if you want more or less "throw" and this will not affect the trim of the aircraft.

https://www.vstabi.info/en/node/1786

VControl, VBar on all.
Peter
05.10.2020 20:32:58
Hi, Vinger

Will that violate any rules concerning gyros?

One can't use any form of gyro in AMA competition.

Cheers
06.10.2020 06:26:26
GeneG Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi, Vinger
>
> Will that violate any rules concerning gyros?
>
> One can't use any form of gyro in AMA
> competition.
>
> Cheers

The Vbasic does not use gyros for normal flight. So it will be good for competition. Here are more info re trim and note the recommended way is to use the trim switch.

https://www.vstabi.info/en/node/2122

Peter

VControl, VBar on all.
Peter
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login