Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

Twitchy ailerons on nitro biplane

geschrieben von Skeezix 
Twitchy ailerons on nitro biplane
11.08.2020 23:05:37
Hello everyone,

I am in need of some help: I have a 48” span nitro biplane (Great Planes Reactor 60) with an OS 91 Surpass II that I am using a NEO with VPlane on.

While the plane seems to fly fine, the plane twitches on the aileron axis when I’m making high/er speed passes over the runway. It’s not a continual oscillation, but more like near-constant twitching on the aileron axis.

Can someone please advise what setting in the NEO I need to adjust to fix this issue? Any help would be appreciated.

-Skeezix

WWG1WGA
Re: Twitchy ailerons on nitro biplane
12.08.2020 09:01:13
Hi Skeezix,

without knowing details like layout of electronics, wiring, components on the model, it's hard to guess.

But most likely are vibrations or electric issues, not necessarily settings.

I assume you are using banks: is it the same in all three banks (no/medium/higher stabilization)?
Is the engine running full-steam at that time? If so, can you try in other maneuvers, like a vertical climb out (full throttle but not as much air speed)?

I will try and put Kyle on it, who has more hands-on experience with VPlane than me.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
12.08.2020 09:33:32
As Eddi says, we will need a bit more information.

Have you tested this in different banks with different settings? Higher and Lower P gain, Higher and lower I Range etc...

Also can you tell us what is your current settings on aileron?

Also please let us know and check how you mount the NEO in the model, and where it is. Is it mounted securely? Maybe the plate you mounted it on is not very stiff and this is causing vibrations? Is this plate close to the engine?

Best regards,

Kyle
12.08.2020 10:40:26
FWIW on my 120cc VIKING, it is also a Bi-Plane and I think do to the shorter wings, with more ailerons, the Gyro settings have to be modified a bit. I had to lower the I gain to about 10 (Default I think is maybe 30?)

This can maybe also cause some of your issues.
12.08.2020 17:12:49
Here is am image of the inside of the fuse from the bottom. The nose of the plane is at the top of the pic. The NEO is mounted well away from the engine. Vcontrol setup file is now attached to this post.

WWG1WGA

2 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 13.08.2020 14:51 von Skeezix.

Dateianhänge:
öffnen | Download - Reactor_Bipe.zip (535 bytes)
12.08.2020 20:32:12
Maybe take some pictures of your VBC screen and upload?

Once we have the setup we can make some recommendations.

The things to check is if this twitch stops if the Main gain and gyro values on the Aileron are turned off. Then raise only the P gain and see if and when it starts to twitch.

Also one thing I just thought of. You mentioned that this only does it at high or full thorttle. In the throttle settings, did you put any "throttle to gain reduction" in? This lowers the gains when the throttle is higher and can be important to compensate the higher speeds. Normal values are 20 - 40.

Let us know,

Kyle
13.08.2020 12:55:03
Hi,

to attach the setup, just .zip it.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
13.08.2020 14:52:14
Bingo!

File is now attached to post with photo above.

WWG1WGA
21.10.2020 22:15:58
Hello Eddi/Kyle - attached is my set up file from my NEO on my nitro powered biplane.

Can one of you please review and advise what changes I should try?

Thank you so much.

WWG1WGA
Dateianhänge:
öffnen | Download - Reactor_Bipe.zip (535 bytes)
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login