Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

VPlane on legacy VBar

geschrieben von jerrykirwan 
VPlane on legacy VBar
11.03.2019 03:15:16
I am performing a Mikado transplant. I have both a VControl and a VControl-T that I am sure both function almost the same so my question refers to both.

I have removed a Neo from a plane that has been flying fantastic to move it to a heli to make full use of it. I removed a Standard VStabi W/O Spektrum Sa# 1400018862 from my T-700N and I have installed VPlane on it. Also it has not been upgraded to 6.0 it is still 5.3 and used an external RX. So I am assuming I have to load 6.0

Can I install a sat on the black box in the 4 pin control panel port? If so what is the pinout?

I knew I shouldn't have slept through German class.
RV
Re: VPlane on legacy VBar
11.03.2019 06:50:37
First - you must Load the VPlane on the Vbar. The procedure is the same as for the Heli - but just select Vplane:

https://www.vstabi.info/en/node/1651

Video 03 ;-)

Second - the Pinout is straight forward - i think i have a image here:

The black lead is pointing to the VBar housing edge then.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.

12.03.2019 01:11:13
I went into 5.3 and had a connection and it read the VBAR. I went to "online update" and both 6.0 & VPlane showed up. I clicked load on both but I got an error loading Firmware, option not available. I am following the videos but mine doesn't follow the flow.
RV
12.03.2019 06:19:06
You have added the VPlane - that was right. Later you have requested for a license key - ok too.

As next step you should have been clicking on the link in the license email you have got to enable the update for 24 hrs and 3 attempts.

Did you got the mail and use it?

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
13.03.2019 05:02:04
I had jumped through every one of your hoops and after all of that I finally got the Firmware to load but now it tells me it failed and the unit is not operational. I am trying to update all of my equipment to VControl and I am not going to put up with this BS on each and every one of them. I have to wait 24 hours every time I have another fail.

With all of the problems I have had with registering a new touch which that process is screwed I regret the 10 years I have spent and $$$1000's I have in Mikado equipment I own.

Look at my list and add another 4 this week
13.03.2019 05:11:30
BTW the procedure is constantly changing I had to deal with the key about a month ago and I had to move the key from the email into the VControl folder

This time it was different in that I had to respond to a link

There is a definition of insanity and Mikado is in the dictionary

You may notice I am slightly peeved at the moment
RV
13.03.2019 06:43:00
Quote:
it tells me it failed and the unit is not operational.

You have 3 Attempts for 24 hrs - and a absolute maximum limit (piracy protection, ask chinese guys why …) at all. So after one attempt failes - time to think over. Please consider that the sensor must be connected according to the videos - and no VLink Sat must be connected. Did you consider this? - If not, just do recovery and retry. some old VBars need a little bit "love" here depending on the USB buffering etc. ;-)

Quote:
BTW the procedure is constantly changing I had to deal with the key about a month ago and I had to move the key from the email into the VControl folder

Definitely not, you are messing things up here.

Talking about the key mail for legacy VBars and Firmware download enabling here it is just a piracy (ask chinese guys why it was needed, cost me 6 weeks of my life) protection. Valid 24hrs to be used, after usage download enabled for and 3 attempts. All written on the site which comes up after your request for the key mail.

The NEO key file for using the PC software with NEO (which isn't needed as you better use the VBC for setup, more detailed than PC software) is the one downloaded in the overview to be moved into the PC Soft folder. Valid as long as you like, adding a new neo, new file required, like a key ring for your house doors etc.

Rainer Vetter

14.03.2019 04:45:35
Rainer,

I want to thank you for allowing me to rant last night, sometimes a person needs to vent.

I do not fail There may be some tribulations along the way but I do not fail. Earlier I was able to register my Touch and it did not work the first time it was the 3rd try. Also I was able to update my Legacy non sat VBar updated to 6.0, so I am good there.

Now for my next problem I went to bind my legacy VBar ending in 62 and when I go to bind the screen goes "white" I figured I had done something wrong so I bound a Neo that came out of my laser with VPlane on it. I bound it without any problems and was able to read it. so I assumed I knew how to bind. Next I went back to legacy SA# 62 and bound it again and it took this time but the screen still goes "white" I power down the legacy and the screen comes back. I power it back up and a servo moves to the stick but the screen is white. I can swipe and the menu comes out from the right beginning with Setup.

What am I doing wrong that causes the screen to white out???

BTW I know the world loves videos but #1 get rid of the background music while you are talking. You may not notice it but one of us has an accent, and I don't think it is me. so it is a bit hard to understand
RV
14.03.2019 06:16:23
Quote:
What am I doing wrong that causes the screen to white out???

Well - the System itself transmits and connects always (safety feature) although the "OLD VPLane App" might not be loaded? - Check the section for old devices in the app store ;-)

Quote:
You may not notice it but one of us has an accent, and I don't think it is me.

thumbs up hahaha - might be a swabian german englisch accent smileys with beer

Rainer Vetter

15.03.2019 05:36:38
Rainer,

With your help I have gotten past the white screen. Now I cannot find VPlane in the VBar ending in 8862. It shows to be there in my list of devices but I think something happened the night it says it was downloaded. Can you erase it somehow so I can download it again. Skeeiez was at the house tonight and he runs the VPlane also he said you guys have to transfer something.
RV
15.03.2019 06:20:41
Please retry ;-)

Rainer Vetter

15.03.2019 20:57:28
I think I have been setup to fail.

I think I made an error not loading VPlane PRIOR to loading 6.0 whereby killing the USB port.

1. I find very few instructions for the VPlane app to begin with, 5.3 or 6.0
2. I find fewer instruction on how to load VPlane with 6.0
3. I find nothing regarding VControl (T) in 6.0 regarding VPlane

I am going to try, the recovery and reload 5.3 so I can load VPlane then reload 6.0, if VPlane will remain with 6.0

I fly a bunch of helis and do not have the same problems I have with this one plane. Another reason I am having so many problems is I am upgrading the entire fleet to VControl T which involves going from 5.3 to 6.0(T) Both Legacy which operated one way and Neos which function differently
15.03.2019 21:00:52
I just figured out I cannot perform a recovery because my USB has been disabled and I find on recovery in the VControl T.
RV
15.03.2019 21:05:44
Recovery is (preconditionally installed driver) always possible - see Video 04:

https://www.vstabi.info/en/node/1475

Disconnect Sat, keep sensor connected ...

Rainer Vetter

16.03.2019 03:29:00
Rainer,

I am running out of ideas, options and patience all at the same time. Every day I do have success although. I have completed all of the Neo updates and have those functioning as they should.

I am assuming the non/sat VBars are capable of running 6.0 and VPlane? Both of mine are now hosed up both SA# 8862 &7016.

8862 loaded 6.0 first, today loaded 7016 with loaded VPlane first, same result the USB is dead and will not communicate.

I cannot get recovery to load as per your video #4 The boot loader comes up and just sits there, I powered down as recommended and nothing sometimes I get a warning "NON FUNCTIONAL"

Can you remote in on my computer and show me what I am doing wrong??? I need 2 legacy VBars loaded with VPlane I am not buying any more Neos, look at my list.
16.03.2019 07:30:27
Hi,

since you load V.6 on a legacy Vbar the USB-Port will no longer work.
The complete setup will done via VBC.

Stephan
RV
16.03.2019 10:41:44
First - Stephan is right, i thought you knew this because it is stated in my Upgrade Videos at the end. Loading ANY Firmware for VBC - a legacy VBar does NOT provide USB access afterwards. If this was the reason - sorry - but all the trouble was unneded.

The Recovery is made if someone wants to change the Firmware - to get USB back into life for loading another Firmware.

I cannot get recovery to load as per your video #4 The boot loader comes up and just sits there, I powered down as recommended and nothing sometimes I get a warning "NON FUNCTIONAL"

Please describe exactly each step you do. This works always - so something must be wrong here (if recovery is still needed). As per Video take care that nothing is connected but the sensor MUST be connected.

Rainer Vetter

16.03.2019 19:32:19
I understood the legacy USB was disconnected after loading 6.0. I also understand that legacy functions different that Neo. That is the reason I do not have problems with Neo. Legacy is a different story. I may have misunderstood that the USB could still could be used to revert back to 5.3 from 6.0 through the recovery.

I thought my problem was loading 6.0 before VPlane, but that was not the case, because they are both hosed up now.

The crux of the problem is I cannot figure out how to load VPlane on legacy through either VC or VCT. I have been through both transmitters, the VC is USB & VCT is wireless. . I can see apps to load into the TX I know how to load the Neo's but not the legacy's. Information on Legacy VPlane seems to be lacking.

This is my problem that must be solved. How do I load legacy with VPlane through the VC.

I have everything else figured out. If I was not trying to fly a plane on legacy I would not have any issues.

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 16.03.2019 19:34 von jerrykirwan.
RV
16.03.2019 20:39:35
Quote:
I cannot figure out how to load VPlane on legacy through either VC or VCT.

All regarding FRIMWARE versions on a legacy VBar MUST be loaded with the V5 PC software.

If you mean - the required APPS on the VBC or VBCt for using the Vplane etc. - this is definitely in the regarding App stores.

I think you mean the Apps following your last post ...

VBC - Basic section - VPlane Basic
VBC - Extensions section - Pro Aux / Expert Aux (if needed)

VBC-t - Old Devices Section - old VPlane and old Macrocells

Rainer Vetter

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 16.03.2019 20:40 von RV.
17.03.2019 01:06:41
With all due respect Rainer. This is the problem with email and texting we are going around in circles. I am a technical advisor for my company in the US when it gets down to this level we always like to talk things out. Forum member Skeezix is here in town flies legacy VPlane and I have had phone conversations with him. This can work I have seen his fly.

"A legacy VBar does NOT provide USB access afterwards. If this was the reason - sorry - but all the trouble was unneeded.

"All regarding FRIMWARE versions on a legacy VBar MUST be loaded with the V5 PC software."

I took from this I would have to perform a recovery to get me back to 5.3. BUT I had another unit SA 7016 that was still on 5.3 that I loaded VPlane on and it appears to work.

The difference, along with my down fall was
On 8862, of the two choices I had, I loaded 6.0 first then attempted to load VP , at that point I was dead in the water
On 7016, of the two choices I had, I loaded VP first and that one works. I have 4 of 5 servos moving
My take away here is when in 5.3 there are 2 choices but only chose one (6.0 HELI) OR (VPLANE)! not both
because you will not get a chance at the second one.

This is where a "dialog" makes the difference! The videos are good, but they are a "Monolog" in that I cannot verify or ask questions. What I see in the videos is not always what MY computer does with the same key strokes as I see in the videos. For instance trying to upload the recovery firmware which is where I am right now for 8862

The good news is that you are going to get a break from this for the next week, because I am going out of town for 6 days.
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login