Willkommen! Einloggen - Log In Neuer Benutzer - New User

erweitert

Airplane recivers

geschrieben von mpolzin 
Airplane recivers
20.12.2015 16:29:32
I really like my V-control but think it is kind of expensive to need a V-bar in each airplane I have. Also at the competitions they do not allow gyros. When do you think you will be selling standard receivers for V-control? Or is that not in the plan.
Re: Airplane recivers
07.01.2016 12:01:08
Hi,

we are thinking about that, but it may take some time.

Regarding competitions, history repeating smiling smiley was the same with helis in the past ... I'm curious how long it will take until gyros will be allowed, but the plane community seems to be slower in adopting new gadgets (or so it seems to me smiling smiley)

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
07.01.2016 14:46:49
Its no problem to relieable and traceable deactivate the gyros for competition, it needs time for plankies to understand, that gyros do not automate the flight. Its the same process as with Helis, but maybe in an early state. Many many current standard recivers of most manufacturers contain gyros already, this is a must in a new developed receiver!
So there only remains the "issue" with the price, where we work on optimizations.

so long ... Uli
http://www.vstabi.de
07.01.2016 15:22:00
I fly also many of my planes with my old Spektrum DX8, because the price for a vstabi mini + VBC receiver or the neo with vlink + plane option is to expensive!

Also for a cheap fun flying model like Shockflyer or Acromaster I will not use a receiver who I have to pay more than twice than the model winking smiley

Because of this, I have to take both Transmitters when I go flying with me!

I hope you will find soon a good solution for your customers?

smileys with beer
17.06.2016 19:56:14
I have heard from some of my friends who are competition pattern pilots that they don't think they would be allowed to compete if a gyro is onboard, regardless of it being disabled. Judges would assume that it could be activated with a switch after passing tech inspection and the pilots don't want to fight perception. So their position is that until a gyro-less receiver is available, they won't be able to use VControl.

Of course I agree that it's silly to disallow gyros, it's inevitable that they'll be allowed eventually. But nevertheless, the climate in this area is apparently too unfriendly to the idea right now.

--
Shawn Hempel
Team MikadoUSA

1 mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 17.06.2016 19:57 von hemp.
20.06.2016 10:38:05
Hi Shawn,

well, judges or technical scrutineers could and should familiarize themselves with the systems on the market and the subset which will be used by competition pilots. Imo they have to, already, so they are able to tell if someone is trying to cheat.

VTeam could help with that familiarization, by explaining the different options and firmwares and letting them try out for themselves.

The result could be that tech inspection prior to an event and random checks throughout the event (or before or after each flight) could include a firmware check (clearly visible in the radio), and if the pilot has the approved firmware on his device, all is well, if not, DQ.

Since our firmware can not be user-modified, and only the latest version can be installed by automatic update, there's no way in cheating: you can't enable the gyros for flight control if it's not in the firmware.

Simple to check, either with VBar Control, or by connecting the receiver to VBar Control Manager on a computer and see what firmware it shows.

Other systems, where you might have a one-fits-all firmware and can disable or enable the gyros from a menu, at any time, will have more difficulties getting approved.

I think even in an unfriendly climate such an openness could set the stage for using a receiver with different options according to the current regulations.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
23.06.2016 22:06:27
If you or someone else does have contact to the judges or organizations that check for rules and confirm which devices are allowed and which not, dont hesitate to ask them to make contact with us so we can start a discussion on this.

My impression is, that there are lots of prejudice on this issue. Wit an open discussion theses things probaly can be clarified very quick. I mean, you can get gyros intrgerated in most recivers on the market already, probably the recivers are used, but nowbody knows what they are capable of. So the organizations have to trust on manufactures anyway. They shall trust us as well.

so long ... Uli
http://www.vstabi.de
Sorry, in diesem Forum dürfen nur registrierte Benutzer schreiben.

Hier klicken um Dich einzuloggen- Click here to login