Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Bail-out rampup speed Tribunus

Posted by Emil Verwoerd 
Bail-out rampup speed Tribunus
April 14, 2021 01:47PM
Hi All,

I'm using the VControl with a Neo I also have a Scorpion Tribunus ESC but I want to increase the ramp-up speed in bailout. It's quite slow to my liking. I'm using the vbar governor so I was wondering is there a parameter for this to increase the ramp-up speed when performing a bail-out
RV
Re: Bail-out rampup speed Tribunus
April 14, 2021 03:42PM
The bailout ramp is the "mormal" Ramp limit multiplied (internally multiplied with 10). So - change this one point more (from 3 to 4).

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
April 15, 2021 01:03AM
Hi Rainer,

Thanks for you answer. Of course I can do that but than on the start-up from motor off to normal flight it ramp-ups quite fast although more than I would like.

Is there a reason why this multiplication factor of 10 is not available in the setup in for example the expert governor menu?

Kind Regards
Emil
RV
April 15, 2021 06:42AM
This factor isn't adjustable, it is fixed-built in.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
April 15, 2021 09:24AM
Thanks for the info. I understand it is built-in and I know I should use the run-up limit and that it is going to be a trade-off between quicker reponse in Bailout vs quick-spoolup from Idle.

But is there a chance in the future this will be an option. Altough I understand it is used in the inner workings of the control loop (neo governor system) maybe this could be on the list as feature request to make this percentage changable for AR Bailout winking smiley

But for now I understand my options and thx for the feedback on that.
April 15, 2021 02:21PM
Hi Emil,

I’m not familiar with the in-depths of Tribunus, but I guess it’s own spool up time is also adjustable.
If I recall correctly, they are rather ‘slow spoolers’ at times, looks good on the ground, tail does not kick, but maybe this also affects the bailout?

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
April 15, 2021 02:54PM
Well the tribunus has it as seperate parameters which works very well when using the ESC governor you can set it up but in external governor mode with vbar these params are not used of course.

The benefit of vbar is just the ease of it just set headspeed and go that's just awesome. Otherwise you have to guess every time and look at the log what the headspeed is.

And although the neo flies really well it's awesomeness comes from the great integration. But that you all know winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2021 02:55PM by Emil Verwoerd.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login