Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

HobbyWing Vbar, ext gov and Neo

Posted by scorlett 
HobbyWing Vbar, ext gov and Neo
January 13, 2021 02:03AM
I'm sorry if this has been talked through, but I want to ask. I have the newer HW 200a v4 with the vbar firmware. I've been trying for a few days to get an acceptable spool up using the Vbar governor on my NEO. Maybe I haven't found the appropriate HW doc for this firmware.

I have the HW set to Heli ExtGov. If I have the startup speed set to 0, I get a pretty hard kick right after start up power times out. If I set any value on the startup speed, then it takes 45-50 seconds to get to my 1240 set rpm (logo800) and it overshoots by about 300 rpm and comes back down.

I've tried several settings on both the HW and the NEO gov, but I don't think I've come to understand enough of either to really find a solution. Can someone explain what values to work with to get a nice spool up and maybe some example parameters to try?

I have a NEO with a Scorpion 200a on another machine, and it functions beautifully. At this point I'm sorry I purchased the HobbyWing. But it does fly fine, I just don't want to wait a minute before I can take off.

Help?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2021 02:04AM by scorlett.

RV
Re: HobbyWing Vbar, ext gov and Neo
January 13, 2021 06:45AM
How is teh ramp limit set, how the basic throttle, the min limit, gain, P limit + / - and Integral?

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
Re: HobbyWing Vbar, ext gov and Neo
January 14, 2021 01:26AM
Today I turned off the soft start parameter of the HobbyWing and with the NEO basic throttle set to about 30, there was just a light kick in the beginning. Not perfect, but acceptable.

This is occurring before the NEO ramp limit comes into play. So, the HW softstart was taking a very long time and the NEO was over correcting which caused the RPM overshoot. With HW softstart off, it will be usable. My first bank is set to hover at 1300 rpm, so I'll play with the basic throttle value in the NEO and see how it all goes. (All PID are default)

Thanks,
Sam
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login