Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

thumbs up VBar Control flight analyzer support thumbs up

Posted by Lussarn 
Re: thumbs up VBar Control flight analyzer support thumbs up
October 28, 2015 07:13PM
Hi Eddi.

Great that it's working. Tried on a lower version OSX than I'm using. Didn't work at all, need to look into that. I'm using Yosemite. Good suggestions, thanks for taking your time. Have a few more things to do before release. Got myself a new 4K laptop, some problems there.

Anyways, it's getting there.

/Linus
October 29, 2015 08:40AM
Hi Linus,

although it would be good to be farther downward compatible, don't put too much time in it. 10.5 and older are quite rare these days already, according to e.g. this source.

Our software works only on Intel Macs for example, and in all the years I had maybe two or three support cases with questions about older versions than 10.4.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/29/2015 08:42AM by Eddi E. aus G..
October 29, 2015 09:16AM
Ok, thanks for letting me know. I use Mac at work, but I wouldn't call myself a Mac user. I'm not really following the versions smiling smiley
November 05, 2015 08:30PM
VBC users, it's time for a new release of the analyzer. Although it has quite a version bump to 4.0.0 there aren't much visible changes. There is a few things here and there.

The GUI is however completely rewritten with another library (QT), this is to make way for the upcoming Mac version.

Once this version have been tested on Windows and any quirks worked out there will be a Mac version released, it's done and working.

Download v4.0.0 at homepage
http://www.linlar.org/vbc

Don't forget to report any bugs you may encounter!

One little thing. The thumbnail for your model photos have gotten larger, you will need to update those by dragging new photos to the models...

/Linus

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2015 08:33PM by Lussarn.
November 10, 2015 07:38PM
Big day today!

Mac OSX version is ready for download! I've decided to support the same operating systems as Apple, that is Mavericks (10.9) or newer as of now.

It's been somewhat hard to build and test this on Mavericks, Yosemite and El Capitan (involving lots of unsupported virtual machines...), I've done as much testing as my ability and time give me and it SHOULD work. If it does not, we fix that.

There may be a few things that isn't super-mac-y as of now. It seems to work as well as on Windows.

Download from homepage, give feedback and enjoy the analyzer on Mac!

http://linlar.org/vbc/
November 11, 2015 12:06PM
I have writen down instructions for installing the analyzer on Linux too. These are for ubuntu based distros, Ubuntu, Mint etc. Installation is similar but not exact on other distros. I did try it on Fedora too.

http://linlar.org/vbc/linux-installation/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/11/2015 12:07PM by Lussarn.
February 22, 2016 05:50PM
I have started a facebook group for the analyzer for news and support. This thread is still a great way to ask questions. Facebook is more of a community offering for the analyzer.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/181472568890014/?ref=ts&fref=ts
RV
February 22, 2016 06:27PM
We would like to follow one source only.
So if there is anything belonging to us it must be discussed here.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/22/2016 06:27PM by RV.
February 22, 2016 09:46PM
Let's rephrase the facebook page to "news and tips". Support is better discussed here.
March 19, 2016 06:58PM
Hi Linus,

I´ve got one question: how can I delete a single batterie-entry from db? I´ve got some old batteries which I don´t use anymore and I want to delete them. I hope you can help me ;-)

Greetings
Heiko
RV
March 20, 2016 06:15PM
I have used the tool now for a while - and its working very well. Thanks Linus!

In addition to the "normal" tracking - i use the battery saver app in VBC of course ;-)

So - this is a example how the app will decrease the capacity value during a battery life. The battery is a Hacker Eco-X 6s 5000 - and i have set the storage aging to 20 and flight to 25. I have re-checked the voltage after some flights (wait 30 minutes) - and it shows always around 30% left - so my calculation must be good enough ;-)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.

March 23, 2016 06:01PM
That's just cool. I have to check that app out. I normally just lower the capacity when my voltage seem low after a flight smiling smiley
March 28, 2016 06:54AM
There is a small update out v4.0.2, it's just a simple import fix. If you don't have a problem, you don't need it.

http://linlar.org/vbc

/Linus
April 11, 2016 01:18PM
For documentation purposes, let me post the following, now that my account was confirmed. smiling smiley

Yesterday I had some re-maiden flights of my Goblin 380, which was converted from VStabi Mini with DX9 to VBar NEO with VControl this winter.

Other than me shutting off the motor in flight with the security switch (which is now disabled) while hovering 10m above ground, things went well. smiling smiley By sheer luck nothing whatsoever broke during that, BTW. Oh and because the audio volume of capacity and timer warnings was 0 at first, the first battery I flew was almost empty afterward, once I noticed that I was in the air for longer than usual. winking smiley

Anyway, VbcAnalyzer was stuck on import due to some corrupt data in one of the battery log CSVs, IIRC there were a few extra ^^^^^ signs in there. Import after deleting that corrupt line went fine.

However in 4 out of 6 of yesterday's flights didn't show properly in the U/I Log View, due to apparently some mismatch between some of the log files.

Linus suggested deleting the current *.vbar.log and *_ui.csv files, hoping this would fix the files produced when flying the next time. I'll do that and see if it helps, probably no flying before next weekend though.

Cheers, bOli

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/11/2016 01:21PM by boli.
April 19, 2016 07:30PM
For all you pilots with GPS hardware there is a new exciting update on the VControl, and of course full support in the analyzer.

The VControl will now log position, speed and height. The speed and height can be seen in the telemetry graph, and there is an option in the analyzer to export a KML track for google earth. You will see max recorded speed and height on the KML track.

You need to enable Writing of GPS logs in the transmitter. Go to GPS Settings and change from "write kml" to "write csv".

Download v4.2.0 at http://www.linlar.org/vbc
RV
April 19, 2016 07:40PM
Gives nice tracks now ...

Rainer Vetter

April 19, 2016 08:43PM
So update on both the analyzer AND the app in VBC? Do I need to update my VBC? Thanks Linus, you sure are a huge helping hand for us doing speed flying.

VControl, VBar on all.
TDR, TDR2, TDF, TDS and TDSF
Peter
RV
April 19, 2016 09:05PM
Yep - VBC App and Analyzer must be updated.

Rainer Vetter

April 20, 2016 08:25AM
Hi,

a little improvement, maybe: for height I would use altitude.

Very nice smiling smiley

Cheers

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
April 20, 2016 03:24PM
Eddi E. aus G. Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> a little improvement, maybe: for height I would
> use altitude.

Yeah, I will fix that for next version...

There is a small bugfix out, v4.2.1 which actually does import GPS logs smiling smiley

RV
April 20, 2016 10:18PM
Hmmm .... the double entry chek seem not to work in this version ?

Rainer Vetter

April 23, 2016 07:37AM
Ver 4.2.1 just hangs when I try to do the import. Windows 10 laptop.

VControl, VBar on all.
TDR, TDR2, TDF, TDS and TDSF
Peter
April 28, 2016 09:11PM
There is a small update out. The GPS fix should be in there for you Rainer

Chl
May 06, 2016 12:11PM
Hi,

i have updated my VBar and application to version 4.2.2

It do not get displayed the kml files. In the UI diagram the is also no speed diagram.

What is the reason? What can i do?
RV
May 06, 2016 12:36PM
Did you enable .csv file in the GPS app?

Rainer Vetter

Chl
May 06, 2016 03:58PM
Ok. I have had enabled kml File. Now it is working.
Thanks a lot.
May 13, 2016 05:48PM
Hi Linus,

I am using your program for the first time and have ran into a problem. When importing it gets stuck. At the status bar at the bottom it says "Checking 00008_vbar.log and just stays like that. Any idea what could be happening?

Thanks,

Aziz

May 16, 2016 08:25PM
Email is sent to you Aziz!
May 17, 2016 10:02PM
There is a new version of the analyzer out v4.2.4, I managed to screw up the icon that opens the text flight log (model window) in the latest release, it's working again.

There should also be a fix for you Aziz!

http://linlar.org/vbc
MH
May 21, 2016 09:09PM
Is there a way to change the language and currency on the paypal donate page?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login