Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Slow Roll Rates

Posted by angeljr 
Slow Roll Rates
May 30, 2023 09:42PM
I have flown a similar setup on three different models - two of the same kind (Whiplash 730E) and one on a Quest 787. On both models, I'm experiencing a slow roll rate, as compared to the flip rate. I've tried running the optimizer but it seems to make no difference.

I had two other pilots fly my models and also observe and they all made the same observations. What can I do to make the roll and flip rate more equal to each other. At first, I thought it was a mechanical issue but when I experienced it on a completely different model, it led me to believe it is something with the Neo.
Re: Slow Roll Rates
June 04, 2023 02:25PM
No answer on this?
RV
June 04, 2023 09:45PM
When you do this with full stick deflection - are there any Cyclic Ring entries in the log?

I gues this is the normal behaviour of the model. It is always a bit more agile in elevator axis. In this case you might decrease the overall agility unless the natural given agility on aileron is reached (both are equal).

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
June 05, 2023 10:10AM
As Rainer said.

If you want to get back more agility, increase the optimizers. Increrasing the optimizer helps getting more agility overall. Then reducing the overall agility with the agility parameter shall equalize it.
The Control loop algorithm is trying to make the rates equal, but it only has access to what the heli provides at full stick.
How far are the rates off? Are they close together with half stick? (probably very hard to judge).

so long ... Uli
http://www.vstabi.de
June 05, 2023 04:56PM
This happens in any rate of stick deflection. I'm having to go roughly full stick to roll and about half stick to flip at an equal rate.

It is not the model, I tried it with two VERY different models (a Quest Impaction 787 and two Miniature Aircraft Whiplash 730E). Both types of models experience the same behavior.

I fly competitively for F3C and I had several other professional (world-class) pilots fly the models - all of us are observing the same behavior.

So if I decrease agility to get the elevator rate to where I would like and increase optimizer, the roll rate should follow?

Thanks!
June 06, 2023 02:32AM
I tried what you suggested with the optimizer and it seems to be a little more evenly. What does seem to be different is that pitch inputs seem to accelerate faster than roll inputs. So if I pull the collective back, I get an aggressive pitch up movement vs. rolling giving me a slower movement.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login