Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Vcontrol Classic with Vbar EVO flybarless unit

Posted by Damechanic12 
Vcontrol Classic with Vbar EVO flybarless unit
May 20, 2023 11:57PM
Hi,

I installed a Vbar EVO flybarless unit on my SAB 700 Raw Nitro last weekend.

Prior to installing the Evo flybarless the helicopter had over 20 successful flights with a Vbar Neo installed.

With the Evo installed this helicopter is unflyable.

Model: SAB Raw 700 Nitro

Equipment: Mikado Vcontrol Classic
Mikado Vbar EVO - installed with supplied gyro tape
Theta DH1 Low profile Cyclic Servos - 760us - 1520us / 50hz - 400hz
Theta TH1 Low Profile Tail servo - 760us - 1520us / 50hz - 400hz
YS91 SRX Tareq Engine
MStudio Pipe
Xpert KD1E Throttle Servo
Rotor Tech Ultimate 700 main blades
Rail 106 Tail blades

Concerns: Tail blowing out at random

Tail rate increased to 192 on its own once

Resonance in the main rotor head while running at 760us 200 - 500hz

Model name in radio has defaulted to "New700" for both my 700 electric Raw and Nitro Raw

What I have done to try to correct these issues is, first I created a new model at the field and started over from scratch.

There was no change in the model performance, the tail still blew out at random.

Installed the dampened flybarless mount that comes with the SAB kits.

The tail continues to blow out at random.

Rechecked all servos to make sure they were setup for narrow band operation.

All servos configured correctly.

Returned cyclic servos to default 1520us, The main blade resonance goes away but the tail continues to blow out.

Not sure what to do next.

I have attached videos showing the issues I've been having since installing the EVO on this model.
https://youtu.be/WFKEzIn2NZE

Re: Vcontrol Classic with Vbar EVO flybarless unit
May 20, 2023 11:58PM
https://youtu.be/qeSY-B5830w

May 21, 2023 01:27AM
RV
May 21, 2023 12:40PM
Would be nice to have a VBar Control touch or EVO handy with loaded pro value pack and the extended vibration analysis. I guess the heli has a vibration issue at a frequency (which can't be measured, but shown as "high grass" on our display) who gets the sensors into resonance.

Do you have access (e.g. a buddy) to a touch/EVO radio for a test? If yes - i'll provide more infos how to do.

If not - run your vib anlysis on the VBC and attach a screenshot here.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/21/2023 12:40PM by RV.
May 21, 2023 02:25PM
I have access to a Vcontrol Touch.

What do I need to do?
RV
May 21, 2023 08:44PM
Please send me a email to vstabi (at) mikado-heli.de for instructions. Add the SN of this VBCt - so if not already enabled i will enable the extended vibration analysis.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
May 23, 2023 04:27AM
I've thought about it and I've decided not to risk the model or potentially injuring myself or someone else with this model.

The model is unflyable with the EVO installed, I put a Neo back on and it's flying fine again.

I will not do your R&D for you.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login