Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

VBar Evo - Collective curve modified without reason ?

Posted by cdric 
VBar Evo - Collective curve modified without reason ?
May 18, 2023 03:32PM
Hello,

I want to share a strange behavior I’ve seen with my Vbar Evo with my Touch radio (first gen)

Last tuesday, I created a new setup by selecting new 700 heli (non mikado).
I set my 0deg for my swashplate in the model setup trim, 12.5deg and -12.5deg for the min max collective, and the 8deg.
Everyting was OK when leaving the Model setup.

Yesterday, I plug my battery, and while executing my check list, I see my swash was not at 0deg when my collective stick was centered, collective was at probably at 5deg.
When moving the collective stick, I’ve seen strange kinematics for my collective (moving up and then moving down and moving again up even when I push to maximum collective on my stick).

I edit again my model setup to check my 0deg on my swash, my 12.5deg and 8deg. Everthing is OK.

When I exit the model setup, again swash at 5/6deg on centered stick.

While checking everyting, I saw the collective curve was really strange for sure modified (see the attached file). The curve clearly explains my swash kinematic.

Why a such curve ? knowing that for sure I never edited it?

Bank2 and Bank3 are OK and are linear from -95 to 95 and center on 0 stick.

I don't remember which bank I used on tuesday after exiting the Model setup, perhaps I was on bank 2 or 3 so I I think this is why I haven't seen the curve modified on bank 1.

What could be the reason of the curve modified? Wrong model setup ? other reason ?

Re: VBar Evo - Collective curve modified without reason ?
May 22, 2023 08:57AM
Hi,

to be honest, I have no idea.

Technically, the only ways to modify parameters are, through the user interface manually, with the Modify Parameters App (to the best of my knowledge, there is no option to modify the collective curve, or points in it), or by loading a previously saved setup.
With the computer software, you can't even change the collective curve, only reset it to a linear one between the end points, _if_ you change them in the setup there.

When was the last time you edited collective curves?
Were there any other changes, or settings made, at that time?

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
May 22, 2023 03:34PM
Hi,

I did the setup of a new VBar evo with my touch radio. I never edited the collective curve with this VBar Evo (and with all my my previous VBars). I just did a basic setup:
- New Non Mikado Heli 700
- Edit Model Setup, Swashplate at 0, min max collective +12.5 -12.5, 8deg and tail rotor limit left right. That's all, I haven't modified anything else.
The day after I wanted to set my Main Rotor parameter and Tail Rotor (expo / gain, etc....). This is when I saw the strange kinematics on my swashplate for Bank 1, whereas Bank 2 and 3 were OK, and finally saw the collective curve was not normal.
May 23, 2023 08:50AM
Hi again,

thank you. I tried to replicate this, with a VBar Control Touch and VBar EVO, tried several setups while in bank 1, 2, 3, but seems to be normal here.

If you only set up collective in the setup, to 95/95 as you write above, it's even more curious that bank 1 now seems to have 86/86, apart from the center offset.

I also tried the pitch curve modifications (steeper/shallower), but they seem just to do what they are supposed to do, and they leave the center position unchanged.

Maybe you can start over, do the same thing again, if in doubt let the thing sit over night again, then check again?
If it was somehow replicable, we can possibly debug it.
Else ... as I said above, no idea :-/

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
May 24, 2023 06:36PM
Hi,

Thanks for the anwser.
I started again a full setup from scratch
- Applied the latest firmware
- Initializing a new model and setup the geometry as before

It seems everything look normal now, no weird curve on all brand or swash plate kinematics. I was able to fly few days after without modification.

So it seems resolved.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login