Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Macrocell Ch vs FC ?

Posted by pwood 
Macrocell Ch vs FC ?
February 14, 2023 01:19PM
Hello

I am trying to learn the macrocell setup and playing with my setup on the bench.

Its a VBCt and 2x Neo that will be going into a turbine jet.
It has 2x Elevator, 2x Flap, 2x Aileron, Rudder, Motor, Gear, Nose steering, Nose door.

I messed about for a while, then watched all the VTv videos......I have almost everything working like I want, thanks to the great videos.

I just can't figure out that the difference between the CH vs FC input into a macrocell does.

Please can you explain a little more.

Thanks
Paul
Re: Macrocell Ch vs FC ?
February 14, 2023 02:57PM
Hi Paul,

the function name (e.g. Elevator, Aileron, Rudder, ...) represents the raw stick position (input).

FC function name (e.g. FC Elev, FC Ail, ...) represents the raw stick input plus stabilization (from the gyros, FC = fight control).

Nose gear with input Rudder would just control the nose gear.
Nose gear with input FC Rudder would add the same stabilization to the nose gear which is used for the rudder.

CH# represents the calculated servo output which would else be output to its corresponding physical connector CH#.
What's the difference now, with CH?
If you have mixing already done in Setup, what we call the Wing Mixer, on VPlane, for example flaps to ailerons or vice versa, it's more than stick input (Aileron) or stick input plus stabilization (FC Aileron), but the full resulting servo output (FC Aileron plus part flaps or vice versa).

All this can be used to either re-route a servo output to a different or to an additional physical connector, or to use it as an input for something else, or to mix it with something else.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/14/2023 02:59PM by Eddi E. aus G..
Re: Macrocell Ch vs FC ?
February 16, 2023 08:03AM
Hi Eddi

Thanks for the explanation.
I now understand Macrocells much better.

Ive been using VBar, then VBC and then VBCt for years...... even VPlane on basic planes.
This is my first time using Macrocells.
Wow, its really powerful.

Thanks

Regards
Paul
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login