Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Vbar control touch EVO and setting a new heli

Posted by EVAIN 
Vbar control touch EVO and setting a new heli
January 27, 2023 06:28PM
Hello,
I'm discovering the new Vbar Control touch EVO... One remark and one question:
- I found that each time I start (from full stop) the RX, the "gyro" option of the menu is on, although I always set it off before turning off...
- I am setting a new heli (XL power 550) and I followed the procedure described on the Vstabi video : trim the servo and the swach plate (perfectly horizontal), zero the collective (with 90° method, confirmed with a pitch gauge), adjust the overall collective throw at full stick positions to 12°, adjust the cyclic throw to 8°... But then I have a problem : when I go to full collective (positive ou negative) and full cyclic (left, right, foward or backward, whatever) I reach the servo travel limits ! What I am doing wrong ? I hope I did not destroy my servos...
Best regards
Michel
Re: Vbar control touch EVO and setting a new heli
January 28, 2023 02:26PM
PS :
I noticed that the collective indicator of the "live display" panel of the "Vstabi neo setup" program is doing nothing when I move the collective up ou down (although there is a correct movement on the heli). But the colored indicators work for aileron, elevator and rudder (altough the indicators are not proportionnal to the movements, a very small movement lead to a 100% indicator, well before the end of the movement on the heli).
RV
January 28, 2023 04:41PM
Quote:
- I am setting a new heli (XL power 550) and I followed the procedure described on the Vstabi video : trim the servo and the swach plate (perfectly horizontal), zero the collective (with 90° method, confirmed with a pitch gauge), adjust the overall collective throw at full stick positions to 12°, adjust the cyclic throw to 8°... But then I have a problem : when I go to full collective (positive ou negative) and full cyclic (left, right, foward or backward, whatever) I reach the servo travel limits ! What I am doing wrong ? I hope I did not destroy my servos...

Lower the cyclic ring value and/or lower collective value. Those 2 are the limits - which sum up at the end.

CR - set up according to the help there in approx. hover stick.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
January 29, 2023 08:37AM
Hi Rainer,
Thank you for your promp answer.
Here what I've got with the cyclic value only (collective always at 0°) :
"angle obtained at 8°" "cursor value" "real aileron throw"
8° 75 >14° (outside the range of the servo)
6.6° 60 14.2°
5.2° 50 12.4°
4.2° 40 10.2°
Therefore, at the minumum value possible, when adding elevator and/or collective it is going well out the possible range of the servo.
For information, a guy in the club has the same heli with a neo (linked to a spectrum radio) and has a value of 81 for 8° and everything is fine). I had both helis side by side and checked all linkage lenth, etc. Evering is the same except he's got slighly longer servo horn (16mm instead the 14mm I have, which is the constructor recommendation).
I realy do not understand...
I hope you can help me on that one.
Best regards
Michel
RV
January 29, 2023 09:13AM
Consider that the 8° setting is NOT a limit - it is just a calculation point for the control loop to know where 8° are!

The Limit is determined by the cyclic ring for cyclic, this is a double cone shaped limiter, starting at 0deg collective with the widest opening and the narrowest opening at full pos / full neg collective.

So - having troubles with the servo overall throws means - either reduce the collective and lower the cyclic ring setting - but first have a look at the basic physics, the geometry of servo horns, linkages etc.

- how much points did you use for 12 deg collective?
- how much for 8 deg cyclic?
- is the CR set up according to the help in VBCt (at half positive (approx. hover) collective with full cyclic "corner" deflection)? How much points?

After this result we can estimate what to do ...

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/29/2023 09:13AM by RV.
January 29, 2023 02:30PM
I'm sorry Rainer! I finally found the menu for the cyclic ring for cyclic… Since it is accessible in the expert mode (at least with the windows Vstabi program), I did not had a look at it, wrongly thinking that the heli setup could be done without the pro options (in the videos I’ve seen, such as the SmachTalk rc series, they did not use that option for the heli setting).
A value of 50 points for the cyclic does the job (to be on the safe size). I can probably increase it a little bit.
Sorry again for disturbing you, espacially a WE.
Thanks a lot
Best regards
Michel
RV
January 29, 2023 03:57PM
Hello Michel,

50 at the CR is a really low value. So please it might be best - as you buddy did - use a bit longer horns where the servos won't get into a deflection where horns are straightened out with the rods.

Rainer Vetter

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login