Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Setting up a used Vcontrol touch

Posted by av8roc 
Setting up a used Vcontrol touch
November 27, 2022 01:13PM
I have a couple of questions:

1. I have registered the device to my vstabi account but I am wondering if I should erase the transmitter completely and start fresh. Would I lost all of the applications the previous owner installed?

Is it ok to just bind my Vbars to the radio without erasing the transmitter first?

2. Is there a way to transfer the battery logs from my Vcrtl classic?

Thank you,

Sean
Re: Setting up a used Vcontrol touch
November 28, 2022 08:49AM
Hi Sean,

1. I would use the Welcome App, this will revert the radio to factory defaults, and it will delete all existing files like logs, batteries etc.
If you registered your radio before, and if it wrote out files to your cloud, you can delete those there, too.

Basically, I'd start over.

Apps can be re-installed (all free ones). If you use Auto Install Notification, the radio will prompt you if Apps are required but not installed yet, e.g. for telemetry items.
If the radio had the Pro Bundle installed, it may be necessary to re-enable them. Please contact service (at) mikado-heli (dot) de if in doubt, and we can check.

2. I'm not sure if copying the files from one radio to the other will work, but worth a try. If not, you can still delete the files again.

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Re: Setting up a used Vcontrol touch
November 28, 2022 09:51AM
Hi Sean,

update to 2. it works, but it could interfere with the automatic numbering of batteries (internal counter).
E.g. if there's a bt_10 folder copied from your old radio, and if the radio itself creates its 10th battery folder, it would overwrite an existing bt_10 folder, or files therein.

So prior to copying, rename the folders from your classic VBar Control (like, obt_##, old battery_number, obt_10), then copy those to the new radio.
The system will read any folder names, and it will never overwrite them because they have a different name pattern smiling smiley

—Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login