Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

X45H program

Posted by alcastan 
X45H program
August 29, 2022 12:56PM
Hi, looking for some help, is there a way to program on the vbar touch a button for doing this?

I’m programming a xicoy x45h and the turbine needs to see 25% throttle for idle for starting it up, I tried with the idle value in the governor page but no matter the motor condition switch it stays always in 25% even when the switch is in off position, if I program the turbine like that, it’s always ready for starting up, and I need it with low trim for shutting it down (I can do it with the safety switch,) I was thinking on doing a touch switch for when it’s pressed it goes to 25% idle throttle, right know I have the idle touch button and it opens the option for changing it, but it could be great to just go directly to 25%, is it possible? (Like an on/off switch where on is 25% idle throttle and off is 0%)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2022 02:19PM by alcastan.
RV
Re: X45H program
August 29, 2022 07:08PM
It should work with the motor switch.

Which switch is used? - Which Gov Mode is used? Is it a Heli turbine with internal gov or is it a plane turbine?

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
August 29, 2022 07:36PM
Hi Rainer I’m using the motor switch 2 (motor off, motor idle and motor on) it’s a xicoy x45h heli turbine with internal governor (disabled) but I’m using the vbar nitro governor with xguard sensor.

Regards,
RV
August 29, 2022 11:10PM
Did you already set up the Nitro Kill switch?

This is what you need here.

Then:

- zero Idle value in setup
- adjust throw for "off" while it is "killed"
- adjust max throw by using the collective stick direct
- set idle as needed for the 25%

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
August 30, 2022 11:35AM
I do have the safe switch working, but a nitro kill switch…. where is the option to program it?
August 30, 2022 12:55PM
Found it, i did programmed it on the switch 4 option 1 safety switch I’ll try as you say Rainer

Regards,
August 30, 2022 01:07PM
Rainer, I did as you told me, problem I’m encountering is that the idle at 25% throttle is on all conditions, I mean if I use the motor switch, it should go to 0 on motor off but it stays at 25%… is there a way so when I flick the motor switch to idle goes from 0 to 25 and stays there? And when flicked to off it goes to 0?

Regards,

Alejandro
RV
August 30, 2022 08:48PM
Nope.

keep note that the Motor Switch represents "Idle" in "Off". It needs the Kill Switch (assign in Nitro settings) then to turn off.

Rainer Vetter

August 31, 2022 06:42PM
Ok so in the off position the motor switch will have 25% idle throttle? Even if it’s on the off position? I’m asking because a friend has the same helicopter and same turbine and he has 0% at off position and when in idle it goes to 25% but I did it as he told me and i can’t make it to work like that… I have the kill switch programmed, and in the governor menu i have the idle at 50% that gives me 25% throttle, but it has the same value in off, idle or on…

Regards,

Alejandro
RV
August 31, 2022 07:54PM
Quote:
0% at off position and when in idle it goes to 25%

Then he misuses the AR(Idle) Throttle - and MUST toggle once to "run" before this works. But - toggling from AR(Idle) to Run is a 10x faster spoolup than normal from Stop to Run!

So - not the right way, not recommended here.

Do it as it is supposed to be done on a nitro helicopter. Use the Kill, assign NOT the motor and NOT the Safety switch to this.

Rainer Vetter

October 16, 2022 03:41PM
Is there a reason to use the external governor when a lot of work has been put into the Xicoy on board governor ?
October 17, 2022 08:56AM
Hi,

in my opinion, if you want to know what works better for you, you have to compare. Could very well be that the internal governor works OK, could also be that the external governor helps a bit, with it's feed-forwards (collective -> throttle, underlying throttle curve).

But on turbines—which react rather slowly, not like an electric—the difference, depending on your style of flying, could indeed be marginal.

Best,

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login