Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Feature suggestion vbar touch

Posted by anders_norlin 
Feature suggestion vbar touch
July 31, 2022 10:34AM
Hallo zusammen,

For safety and theft prevention could you implement the option to lock the vbar touch with a pin code?

Same as a iPhone, locked at startup and locks after a setable timer.

If user forgets pin code make it resettable from the cloud user account.

Regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Anders Norlin
RV
Re: Feature suggestion vbar touch
July 31, 2022 11:06AM
Well ... this is a bit different than a phone and brings me back to a experience with a Futaba radio:

I was testing reconnect and failsafes with a buddy and his FX20. So i told him (small foamie) to turn the radio off and on mid-air as this went fine on my T8. Unfortunately he used some "safety shit" who asked him to be ok to transmit after each powerup (would be a pin here). Guess what ... as soon as we mentioned this and dialed in "ok" - the model crashed.

So - at all - thinking of short power loss on a radio for rc models - no way to deal with any things preventing from transmitting after power regained back. It just has to work immediately for being safe.

But - in case of stolen, trust me, just send us a email ... as soon as someone connects it then ... ;-)

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/31/2022 11:09AM by RV.
July 31, 2022 11:20AM
Aha ok see your point. Would be a cool feature to have ’find my phone’ functionality in the cloud to see location of the transmitters and receivers connected to ones account.

Regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Anders Norlin
August 01, 2022 09:13AM
Hi Anders,

I'm a afraid no 'Find My' because no tracking devices built in.

But if you report your items stolen to us, we will mark them accordingly, and they will pop up again sooner or later when brought back into use.
Makes still sense to report theft to the authorities and to your insurance company, if, so they have a file to work on once further evidence pops up.
Quite a lot if items have been recovered this way, all over the world.
Stealing V-Devices is almost as unrewarding as stealing iDevices ^^

Kind regards

Eddi

Born to fly ...
forced to work.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login