Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Hirobo Chinook Tandem Heli

Posted by ELBRO 
Hirobo Chinook Tandem Heli
July 12, 2022 10:16PM
I have converted a nitro 50 size Chinook to Electric and it hovers and completes basic circuits OK.
Reading the tandem notes on Vstabi, there was a mention of "straightening" the rotor head linkages.
My setup is as per original Kit, 3 servos on each swash, with pitch rods placed on swash 90 degs ahead of rotation.
All flight controls are working correctly so I,m not sure what the statement refers to.
Secondly, do i need to obtain the normal 8 degs of cyclic pitch during set up.
RV
Re: Hirobo Chinook Tandem Heli
July 12, 2022 10:37PM
Hello,

i assume you are using the tandem App on the VBCt and in opposite to my setting use a 90deg swashplate.

Well - having 120 deg will give a tad better elevator control instead of a 3point 90dge swash. But - if it flies well, nothing to change here.

The 8deg - you should. For the Hirobo which is a small one it would be ok to get 7deg dialed in at this point idf you could not reach 8deg.

regards (EN) / Gruss (DE)

Rainer Vetter

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
July 13, 2022 09:19PM
Rainer, Thank you for the reply.
I am using your Vbar program, swash layout is 120 degs as per program and actual swashplate.
The pitch rods are fixed by the driver to be swept forward at an angle so making 90 degs from centre of blade holder.
The original plans ask for 10mm radius servo arms but I assume it would be OK to try 12mm radius and then adjust collective back to -2 / +12 degs
RV
July 13, 2022 10:43PM
10mm might be a bit low. consider wen need some "headroom" for the controls. So 12mm would be fine.

Rainer Vetter

Posting and answering - please use a PC and a standard keyboard. Answer all questions fully, take the needed time, don't forget probably requested attachments.

Für Posts und Antworten bitte einen PC und eine richtige Taststaur benutzen sowie alle Fragen vollständig abarbeiten. Nehmt Euch Zeit, beantwortet Rückfragen in Ruhe und vollständig.
Für Einzelkommunikation bitte ausschließlich Email verwenden! - PN, Messenger, Chat usw. werden nicht bearbeitet.
For single user communication please send a email only! PM, Messenger, Chat etc. won't be read.
July 14, 2022 03:08PM
Thank you. I will make the changes to 12mm
I have taken some more accurate measurements on the main rotor angles , Front is 8 degs but rear shaft is 5 degs.
I currently have the Vbar Neo offset mounted at 8 degs to horizontal, would 6.5 degs be a better compromise in this case.
RV
July 14, 2022 09:02PM
This is a good question - i did not measure this exactly, i just had a eyes view on the angles and made a wooden plate to get this approximately right.

I would use 6.5 in your case - sounds as the best one on first view.

Rainer Vetter

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login